UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Wish Dolly Good Thoughts

Wendbert

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Wendy i have no hope of knowing what was wrong with dolly after all - i forgot your phone number - text me on number moved for safety if you can? (and can a mod please delete this number after wendbert has it?).

Glad she's out of the GA for whatever it was :flowers: thinking of you while i'm here xxx

Edited by HELLY
to remove mobile number

Dolly is home :biggrin:

I had a long chat with Malcolm the vet. He showed me the x-rays and even I could notice the difference from the last x-rays on the 6th June. The mass is continuing to shrink, which is great news. Three weeks ago the mass obscured the heart but now the heart can be seen clearly. Also, where the trachea was blocked by the mass, it had forced it open wider further up towards her throat but looking at the images today, the airway is much more even. The vomitting may not be related to the mass and could be due to the Metacam so I'm to stop that and see how she does.

Despite the good news, Dolly's not over the worst yet though. Malcolm wants Dolly to stay on the anti-biotics for another 3 weeks and then refer her for surgery. The concern is that if Dolly comes off the anti-biotics and the mass has been caused by a foreign body, then if she is taken off the drugs, the mass will start to grow again, so he wants to have the infected tissue removed.

Dolly would need to have her breast plate cut open and forced open wide to remove the mass and then she would be wired back up again. She would have to stay in for a few days and then be on lead rest for a minimum of 6 weeks. I did ask if Malcolm could do the surgery but he said that an air drill would be needed just to cut through the bone, apart from the fact that he's only carried out the procedure a couple of times.

So now we wait for another 3 weeks and hope that the mass continues to shrink and then I have to get used to the idea of major surgery for my Doodle.

Thank you for all the good thoughts, Reiki etc, they certainly seem to be helping :flowers:

Oh blimey, that's certainly absolutely fantastic news that the mass is continuing to shrink :flowers:

Re the surgery, if the mass does continue to shrink, is it not possible to leave the surgery for a bit longer and see if it continues to do so? If it did, could surgery then be avoided? That's quite some op by the sound of it. Sorry, am just thinking out loud here after reading your post.

Will continue to send Reiki for Dolly :wub: :wub:

Oh blimey, that's certainly absolutely fantastic news that the mass is continuing to shrink :flowers:

Re the surgery, if the mass does continue to shrink, is it not possible to leave the surgery for a bit longer and see if it continues to do so? If it did, could surgery then be avoided? That's quite some op by the sound of it. Sorry, am just thinking out loud here after reading your post.

Will continue to send Reiki for Dolly :wub: :wub:

Thats what I asked but the answer unfortunately is no. The current thinking is that there is a foreign body which has caused the infection, so while that is still there, the infection will stay too. The only way to stop further infection and the mass returning would be to remove the cause.

Thank you for the Reiki :flowers: