May - R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biglaugh:

What about women tube/train drivers?

That seems a fairly straightforward job: keep train on tracks, stop at appropriate signs, and bugger all need to deal with passengers?

yeah but its a bugger to steer the trains around the bends ( and in the dark )

dead clever those tube train drivers :laugh:

calm down missues I don't see where they are asking for a bimbette ? they have said the role is suitable/would suit a younger person ( being a trainer/ position ) and the pay is likely to reflect that ( i.e its going to be shite )

It's a golf club, predominantly a male domain, so sorry but they will be looking for a pretty young thing who can keep the punters happy and pay shite. If they could say female with big knockers I would imagine they would. I'm not interested in applying, the ad (the one in the paper, not the link) caught my eye and screamed "ageist" at me.

I can work for shite pay. Actually I DO work for shite pay. As do all the over 60s B&Q have started to employ with their enlightened policies.

Crikey there has been bad flooding in Somerset. Hope everyone is ok. :unsure:

Where in Zummerzet/Linky please?

yeah but its a bugger to steer the trains around the bends ( and in the dark )

dead clever those tube train drivers :laugh:

You have to do parrallel parking at the station and say 'mind the gap..........stand clear of the doors' all at the same time, it's a man's world :(

Edited by chickentikka

Foster wanted to go for an evening walk, so ive just dragged the girls out with me, him and Merly, watching dogs leap over 3 foot high grass at night is fun, well for me anyway, the girls think im mad for running through it with the dogs, but wheres the law saying adults have to act grown up :)

I can work for shite pay. Actually I DO work for shite pay. As do all the over 60s B&Q have started to employ with their enlightened policies.

Im rather glad B+Q do employ over 60's though as i find them far more approachable and less likely to pull a face coz ive interupted their chats about who pulled and what club etc. At least they are getting a shot at some work and minimum wage is better than no wage at all :unsure:

calm down missues I don't see where they are asking for a bimbette ? they have said the role is suitable/would suit a younger person ( being a trainer/ position ) and the pay is likely to reflect that ( i.e its going to be shite )

if you wanted to complain I think you would need to apply and see if they are only interviewing at a certain age limit and actually turning down people on mass due to age

Looking at the website link Marion posted I would have thought the mangers job was more up your street and suited to your experience ( and would pay better as well )

Where I work we can't specify definitive requirements such as "must have" as it contravenes trade union rules about job specs, we have to say "would be desirable"

Just spent 15 minutes on the phone due to a work emergency, had to call one of my team etc etc and try and sort stuff out, is all sorted now, but still a pain.