UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuff like this fecks me off, why do they think a pretty bimbette will do a better job?

How's this for discrimination?

Women bus drivers
Modern buses are no more physically demanding than cars. So gone are the days when you had to be the world's strongest man to drive one. Or a man at all, for that matter

I believe that you can get away with saying young, but not 18 - 25 year old if ya know what I mean.
So they can make their minds up, eliminate you on a preconceived idea they have of who is 'right', waste your time at interview and STILL pick the bimbette? I think I preferred it the old way, at least it was honest :(

I might have a moan at the paper as they seem to have read the brief from Overstone Park and surmised they want a young bimbette.... oh wait, they do :rolleyes:

have you boogered off to do some hoovering :laugh:
Are you supposed to be here? Have you finished your cleaning?
Sorry both - no I haven't but I've inhaled more than my fair share of brick and concrete dust and needed a cuppa.....

How's this for discrimination?

Women bus drivers
Modern buses are no more physically demanding than cars. So gone are the days when you had to be the world's strongest man to drive one. Or a man at all, for that matter

But where's the bit about the special chilled glove compartment for your lippy in hot weather and the optional fluffy pink seat covers :bigdrive3:

So they can make their minds up, eliminate you on a preconceived idea they have of who is 'right', waste your time at interview and STILL pick the bimbette? I think I preferred it the old way, at least it was honest :(

I might have a moan at the paper as they seem to have read the brief from Overstone Park and surmised they want a young bimbette.... oh wait, they do :rolleyes:

Have a moan at the paper Claire.

I have (and I am not making this up) been in male dominated environments, where discussion has taken place about the value of employees, and female employee's who are planning on having children/been having time off due to problems conceiving, are then considered an issue in terms of the business if their having kids would impact on the business.

But where's the bit about the special chilled glove compartment for your lippy in hot weather and the optional fluffy pink seat covers :bigdrive3:

Sorry that bit was further down the add, along with 'Self releasing handbrakes' and 'cheeky monkey on board stickers' :rolleyes:

That's Woman Bus Driver Claz :D

Sorry my mistake. A very different breed. Capable of making eye-contact with other drivers, thanking people for letting them out in traffic, letting people out in traffic and not thinking a gap this big [______] is actually this big [__________________________________________]

calm down missues I don't see where they are asking for a bimbette ? they have said the role is suitable/would suit a younger person ( being a trainer/ position ) and the pay is likely to reflect that ( i.e its going to be shite )

if you wanted to complain I think you would need to apply and see if they are only interviewing at a certain age limit and actually turning down people on mass due to age

Looking at the website link Marion posted I would have thought the mangers job was more up your street and suited to your experience ( and would pay better as well )

Sorry that bit was further down the add, along with 'Self releasing handbrakes' and 'cheeky monkey on board stickers' :rolleyes:

...........and the 127 fluffy toys are where :bigdrive2: sexist barstewards, no wonder we women can't get into your male dominated world, I mean gonks on pencils, it's not a lot to ask :thumbsdown_still:

Sorry my mistake. A very different breed. Capable of making eye-contact with other drivers, thanking people for letting them out in traffic, letting people out in traffic and not thinking a gap this big [______] is actually this big [__________________________________________]

:biglaugh:

What about women tube/train drivers?

That seems a fairly straightforward job: keep train on tracks, stop at appropriate signs, and bugger all need to deal with passengers?