UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club June Camp 27th - 29th June

Lydford

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooo its getting closer! caravan all emptied,cleaned and repacked . The grandkids are sooo looking forward to this. Are there any younger kids going? My two are 7 and 10 (well nearly) and want to know if there will be anyone to play with.Not sure how Tilli is going to behave either, she is a yapper altho hopefully she will follow Ebbi and Kizzy's example coz they are old hands at this caravanning lark and just take it in their stride.I am keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather,it rained on both of the last two camping meets but we still had fun tho.x

I have an 8 yr old son and 11 yr old tom boy daughter and a grumpy 13 yr old girlie!!!!

and I am bringing my 8yr old son, and 6yr old daughter

so plenty of younger children to play with :)

Me too :)

Am so looking forward to meeting everyone

Busily printing the name tags off.

Will add Rob to the list too :)

Newbie too! Looking forward to weekend although not able to do long walks due to needing 2 new knees! Will be dogless for the weekend as my oldie boy and girl will be spending a spoiling rotten weekend with daughter and grandchildren and lots of home comforts.

ooooo its getting closer! caravan all emptied,cleaned and repacked . The grandkids are sooo looking forward to this. Are there any younger kids going? My two are 7 and 10 (well nearly) and want to know if there will be anyone to play with.Not sure how Tilli is going to behave either, she is a yapper altho hopefully she will follow Ebbi and Kizzy's example coz they are old hands at this caravanning lark and just take it in their stride.I am keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather,it rained on both of the last two camping meets but we still had fun tho.x

I have an 8 yr old son and 11 yr old tom boy daughter and a grumpy 13 yr old girlie!!!!

and I am bringing my 8yr old son, and 6yr old daughter

so plenty of younger children to play with :)

We're bringing our two, Caitlin is 11 and Callum is 9. We won't get there 'til later on Friday though because of school and work committments :( . Won't be the first time we've put a tent up in the dark :laugh:

That looks great - especially like this bit

Walk to Charlbury via dog walk and nature reserve good, not 'wheel friendly'. Small Co-op supermarket.

Lunched at the Bell Inn, Charlbury. Nice food, especially chunky chips! Great beer garden with lots of grass and picnic benches and shallow stream running through - Drinks and food expensive, but hey-you are on holiday and can treat yourself!

Bell Inn has great reviews too. Must remember to order papers and croissants before I arrive :biggrin:

The facilities for the children sound fab - wonder if I can "borrow" somebody's to check them out.

Edited by zico's mum

It sounds great. Wendy dont worry, we have a field to ourselves. So I imagine we'll be ok.

The Bell Inn sounds great, I was hoping for a shallow stream, as Dream loves a paddle.

A couple of weeks ago, I believed Dream wouldnt be here, but shes proving to be a little miracle.

I'm hoping for dry weather.

My boss has just been to the site...he said the best entertainment is the shop...gawd help you if you haven't ordered your bread & paper you will be reprimanded by the farmer..It is usually packed with a massive queue & him still asking everyone - have you ordered?- if you really want to be entertained ask for 2 of something when there is only 1 on the shelf...he clears the shop pulls down the loft ladders & goes & gets it...huffing & puffing! It remeinded him of Ronnie Barker in open all hours.There is a Coop about a mile or so away if your not up to the challenge! & couple of pubs. I think we will go to the pub on Friday night with the dogs, weather permitting & attempt to cook on Saturday night. I'm still hoping I don't have to spend most of my time away from everyone with Roly, he has got so much better but is still such a fraidy pants!

The facilities for the children sound fab - wonder if I can "borrow" somebody's to check them out.

You can 'borrow' mine as much as you like :biggrin:

We are arriving Friday evening .... hope to be there by 5.30pm, traffic permitting.

Can't wait. Kids are excited too.

I am going to ring up and order the croissants for the Saturday morning!!

Room for another :unsure:

Foster doglet, due here this Friday :wub:

snuggles202.jpg

oh how adorable :wub: