UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club June Camp 27th - 29th June

Lydford

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biggrin: I'll be there probably round 3.00ish Natalie so will come over to the campsite with your mallet,so looking forward to this break,both the Oldies weekend and the rest of the week spent walking my 2 on some of Oxford's fabulous open spaces.And a full English breakfast cooked (and more importantly washed up) by someone else.Are all the campers in one area :unsure:

Foster doglet, due here this Friday :wub:

snuggles202.jpg

Oh my :wub:

My boss has just been to the site...he said the best entertainment is the shop...gawd help you if you haven't ordered your bread & paper you will be reprimanded by the farmer..It is usually packed with a massive queue & him still asking everyone - have you ordered?- if you really want to be entertained ask for 2 of something when there is only 1 on the shelf...he clears the shop pulls down the loft ladders & goes & gets it...huffing & puffing! It remeinded him of Ronnie Barker in open all hours.There is a Coop about a mile or so away if your not up to the challenge! & couple of pubs. I think we will go to the pub on Friday night with the dogs, weather permitting & attempt to cook on Saturday night. I'm still hoping I don't have to spend most of my time away from everyone with Roly, he has got so much better but is still such a fraidy pants!

Neo will be on his worst behaviour I am sure. :rolleyes: I am used to it now and just have to get on with life. Thats the good thing about doggy get togethers. People understand that some doggies have demons and it gives them chance to make new friends slowly. :)

Looking forward to the shopping :laugh: Think we will pop to the co-op. :rolleyes:

we checked the site out when it was first booked and it is quiet,clean and well spaced. The Co Op is a few minutes by car and quite well stocked and so is the little shop (pic early in this thread). our field is very large and I was told that we do have it to ourselves by the young girl in the shop that took our booking.The loos/showers were immaculate and right near our field entrace which is really handy.We liked it. We are only bringing Ebbi and Kizzy as I can forsee the kids letting Tilli out every two minutes so she is going to stay with auntie Jazz.x

I think we will go to the pub on Friday night with the dogs, weather permitting & attempt to cook on Saturday night. I'm still hoping I don't have to spend most of my time away from everyone with Roly, he has got so much better but is still such a fraidy pants!

Aren't you coming to the BBQ on Friday then?

ooooo its getting closer! caravan all emptied,cleaned and repacked . The grandkids are sooo looking forward to this. Are there any younger kids going? My two are 7 and 10 (well nearly) and want to know if there will be anyone to play with.Not sure how Tilli is going to behave either, she is a yapper altho hopefully she will follow Ebbi and Kizzy's example coz they are old hands at this caravanning lark and just take it in their stride.I am keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather,it rained on both of the last two camping meets but we still had fun tho.x

My son is 9.5 (very important .5) Cher. Are your grandkids girls or boys? :)

This is very difficult to write. After a long discussion with Loobie (my sis) and Fionna (Lizzies Barn) I have made the very difficult decision that my household (ie the other dogs) is not the best place for Meggy the cav to be. She is being harrassed by the other 2 male dogs, (in different ways) and its not fair to her. I am heart broken because I love her, but want what best for her, and the best is that she is an only dog and gets some peace and quiet. So on the weekend away I wont have Meggy with me. :(

This is very difficult to write. After a long discussion with Loobie (my sis) and Fionna (Lizzies Barn) I have made the very difficult decision that my household (ie the other dogs) is not the best place for Meggy the cav to be. She is being harrassed by the other 2 male dogs, (in different ways) and its not fair to her. I am heart broken because I love her, but want what best for her, and the best is that she is an only dog and gets some peace and quiet. So on the weekend away I wont have Meggy with me. :(

so sorry :( but it's right you think of meggy's needs and i'm sure she loves you for trying :GroupHug: