UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Could Do With Good Thoughts Please

BillyMalc

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry it wasn't good news. I'll think lots of positive thoughts for both you and Mal and hope the meds work some magic.

I know you can't possibly not think about what might happen but try not to let it spoil the time you and Mal have left together, However long or short that time is, treasure it and enjoy it.

Thanks guys, your support really helps :flowers:

We've all had dinner and I'm feeling a bit less desperate about it. Mal is mainly concerned with the fact that his lip will have to be kept clean; he doesn't like his face being faffed about with. So after vet visit and it again being cleaned after dinner, he had well and truly enough of me :rolleyes:

I'll be happy to pass everyone's hugs for him on, but maybe wait till tomorrow :)

I'll also be looking for somewhere go on holiday, if only for a few days. Does anyone have any good suggestions for somewhere cheap n quiet and not too far away from Manchester?

Thanks guys, your support really helps :flowers:

We've all had dinner and I'm feeling a bit less desperate about it. Mal is mainly concerned with the fact that his lip will have to be kept clean; he doesn't like his face being faffed about with. So after vet visit and it again being cleaned after dinner, he had well and truly enough of me :rolleyes:

I'll be happy to pass everyone's hugs for him on, but maybe wait till tomorrow :)

I'll also be looking for somewhere go on holiday, if only for a few days. Does anyone have any good suggestions for somewhere cheap n quiet and not too far away from Manchester?

I'm not far from Manchester in York. There's some lovely walks, and if you do find yourself up this way, my door's open and you're all welcome :biggrin: :flowers:

I am so sorry Billy , sending loads of :GroupHug: :GroupHug: to you all , i know what Mal means to you and i know what you will be going through right now but as others have said please try to make the most of every moment you have with Mal and store as many happy memories that you possibly can in the time he has left with you , we are all hoping that will be a while yet sweetie and we are sending as many positive vibes as we can .

Mel wants me to tell you she sends her love , and Robert being Robert says you have to give Keira lots of hugs too because Mal is her pal and she will be worried about him as well .

Keep your chin up and know that we are all there with you in Mal's corner , i know i am probably too far away but you know you are welcome here anytime

Take care

Fiona xx

I am very sad to hear that Billy but as I have said on here many times before, where there is life there is hope :wub: :GroupHug:

When any of ours have been in that situation we have always resorted to our regime of Zara's Herbal Tea, Spirulina and (I know you are vegan but..) Manuka Honey.

The honey works miracles believe me. Bosun our old chap had a severe infection in between every one of his toes and we tried every AB in existence. We also tried sea salt, tea tree, aloe vera, you name it we tried it. He suffered with this problem for 2 years and 2 vets told us it was his immune system breaking down. 4 months ago his feet had completely healed!

Example 2 which is more remarkable! He had a very nasty haemangiosarcoma on the outside of his willy and it kept growing. It was horrible and started to bleed everywhere and we thought it was going to see him off as most often they get secondaries internally and as you know we have had a few scares with him lately and the vet thought it had spread to his lungs.

Well.... 95% of it has gone!! There is just a little mark where before it looked like a bunch of red grapes underneath him! Vet is baffled but the only different thing that we have introduced in the last few months is the Manuka Honey. We use the UMF10 strength and he has about 10ml daily.

Our vet says he doesn't know what is keeping the old boy going as the last time he listened to his heart and chest he said it sounded like a rusty old ghost ship rolling on the rough seas and that was the only way he could describe it :rolleyes:

Just thought I would share that with you :wub:

If you do a search there is loads of info on it and I do believe it has been used in the NHS for oral related cancers.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: