UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Winnie

Brunzara

WINNIE Died 6.2.2008

WinniePound13.jpg

Poor Winnie was picked up by the Dog warden yesterday after an anonymous phone call and at first we thought that she was heavily in pup but she had no milk and her tummy was hard. She was also scarred around her head and face area so we arranged to take her to our vets this morning.

Here is the feedback from our transporter:

Drove up to the kennels this morning knowing i was picking up 3 lovely little staffies delores and ronnie and also winnie who was only brought in a day ago but needed looking at. No one could decide if she was pregnant or not. The swelling on her tummy was very big but you could see her spine, although she looks rounded in my photo she was very thin. Her nose was red and looked sore and she had a skin infection. Her little ears were battered and bruised, but amazingly despite the treatment she must have endured from the scum that had owned her before she still had a lovely calm and friendly nature. She didnt complain the whole way over to the vets and once ronnie had settled all was calm.

rescuedoggies003.jpg

I received numerous calls from the vets this morning, my phone was buzzing like mad but unfortunately I wasn't able to answer it as I was in a blooming meeting. I knew it was from the vets and had to keep rejecting the calls due to the buzzing sound very obviously coming from my pocket You can imagine that after that my mind was not fully on the meeting!

As soon as I could I rang the vet back to be told that Winnies swollen belly was unfortunately fluid and her heart sounded really bad. I was asked whether we would like to go ahead with draining some of the fluid to be sure that it was fluid from the heart and also x-rays to see what was going on and of course I said yes.

I received a call later in the day to say that unfortunately poor Winnie had a very enlarged heart surrounded by fluid. She also had fluid in her lungs and all her intestines etc. were basically floating in fluid. As well as that she had a couple of small mammary tumours I was told to go away and think about what we wanted to do and as Winnie was still asleep from her sedation I knew I had to think fast. After a few minutes I rang the vets back and asked them to allow her to continue to sleep, so she never woke up :(

I am sure that I made the right decision for Winnie and I know that she received love and care from everybody who spent time with her this morning.

R.I.P. Winnie, no more suffering now baby girl. :mecry:

RIP, Winnie, I was rooting for you all day and am devastated.

A Dog’s Soul

Anonymous

Every dog must have a soul

Somewhere deep inside

Where all his hurts and grievances

Are buried with his pride

Where he decides the good and bad

The wrong way from the right,

And where his judgment carefully

Is hidden from our sight.

A dog must have a secret place

Where every thought abides,

A sort of close acquaintance that

He trusts in and confides.

And when accused unjustly for

Himself, He cannot speak,

Rebuked, He finds within his soul

The comfort he must seek.

He’ll love, tho’ he is unloved,

And he’ll serve tho’ badly used,

And one kind word will wipe away

The times when he’s abused.

Altho’ his heart may break in two

His love will still be whole,

Because God gave to every dog

An understanding Soul!

I am sure that I made the right decision for Winnie and I know that she received love and care from everybody who spent time with her this morning.

Not an easy call to make but no one understands *cruel to be kind* better than we in rescue :(. Lotsa hugs from Chandler for you, Coryn!

Edited by EGAR