UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Which Side Of The Coin Are You?

meandmy4?

the price of property varies accross the UK, for £112,000 in glos you could probably find a 3 bed town house, have you thought of relocating?

council properties can also be passed down through gerations, a child can take over the tenency (over 18) if the property supports their needs and they can show proof they lived there for at least 1 year prior, if it doesnt suit their needs (too big, too small etc) the council are at liberty to rehome you in suitable accomodation.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am shocked for a 2 bed semi its £120,000. I love where we live kids are really settled and if I can get the discount of £30,000 then will take it. looking nationwide its shocking how expensive it is to live down here. Our kids will never get on property ladder if it continues.

For one of my degree modules I did a project on UK bus companies actively advertising, training and assissting Polish people (majority were men) to come to the UK and drive public transport buses.

The 'English'/'British' workers simply did not want to work as bus drivers, so what else were the companies to do.

As long as the bus company paid the Polish the same rate as pay the English then see no problem with that.

It's illegal not to.

But by your first argument you think the polish are taking the jobs away from the British but this example is of British workers simply not wanting the job.

I don't think any employer should use race/religion/nationality as a reason for employment.

If the Polish worker was simply better than you at the job you both went for, wouldn't you feel cheated that you got the job simply because of your nationality :unsure:

If the minimum wage is x and the Polish worker stated on their application that they would work for x and you stated you would work for x + £2 and you were both equal, then as an employer I would employ the person prepared to accept less (which is still within the legal parameters of the minimum wage).

I do know it is frustrating however when you know you can do a job well and someone else gets the job over you. :flowers:

I am a total hyprocrite I dont agree with the council houses being sold of as in Dorset there is NO affordable housing. When we were in private renting when we were evicted as man wanted to sell his house and my youngest was 5 days old. We went into B&B over xmas and for 3 months (wasnt nice) then into halfway for 2 years that was actually nice and were allowed dogs.

We tried to get a mortgage but Kris wasnt qualified at the time and were offered £112,000 which would only buy us a 1 bed flat and with 2 kids and 2 dogs so we had no choice.

I dont agree with the council houses being sold BUT its a self survival thing if the option is there then I will take it as no one would refuse £30,000 discount on a house.

ETA: I think the problem of house prices has a lot to do with the upper middle class, or professionals buying "buy to lets" as there pension plans. Its ruling us on lower incomes out of the race.

Really? http://www.edha.co.uk/

I'm sorry my working my butt off to earn a living, having been a one time affordable housing occupier, who now owns a private house (not bought from council or affordable housing supplier), and was from a working class background but would now be considered a middle class professional, has now managed to rule you out of the housing race. I did it from sheer hard work and refusing to allow prejudiced individuals to stop me.

Op:-

Whilst I don't disagree that multiple peoperty ownership has something to do with the property issue (especially at the cheaper end of the market) I do have a bit of the issue with

(it) has a lot to do with the upper middle class, or professionals buying "buy to lets" as there pension plans.

I've had BTLs and I can assure you i'm neither upper middle class nor professional!

Perhaps it's easier if the op just tells us who she does approve of!!!!