UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Daisy - Saying Goodbye This Afternoon

chickentikka

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daisy is home but it's such bad news, I'm in tears so sorry if my typing is shite. After both of us ringing and ringing the vets for an update today and being told by reception staff that she seemed OK a vet finally rang at 3.45. Daisy's liver has packed up completely, it's just leaking into her abdomen which has swollen up. They said we could bring her home tonight with a final attempt to get some protein into her which can kick start the liver. She's not interested and is lying on Minke's bed. Not in any pain.

We have an appointment at 8 in the morning, if there is no change we will be saying goodbye to our little spotty princess.

FFS she only went in to have a tooth removed 3 weeks ago and was in perfect health, now she's dying. I'm so angry - she's been back there at least 5 times and they realised what was wrong too late.

So, so sorry to hear this.

This sounded so familiar to how my blue greyhound, also called Daisy was. (see my avatar) She wasn't eating, losing weight rapidly, lethargic, etc. Took ages for the vet to diagnose and much nagging from us, but eventually they discovered she had a tumour on her liver and she sadly died very quickly.

I am so hoping for a miracle for your Daisy. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: Don't give up!!!

Edited by Brenda