UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Fao Coryn/rdr

Melp

This is long but please bear with me.

Last year in June my hubby lost his job. It was totally unexpected and we had no savings at all. We spent several months cacking ourselves about the mortgage/bills/vets etc and we really were in serious trouble. On top of that we had to find the money to kit out both kids with entire school uniforms and pay a pretty large utility bill. In August a cheque came through my door for £500 and another £200 appeared in our paypal account, both amounts came from very generous Refuge members. To say we were gobsmacked is an understatement but we were also extremely embarrassed that we were in such an awful situation. We gratefully accepted the help and spent all of it paying a bill and kitting out the kids for school in september. We also bought Ellis a birthday present which she wasn't expecting given the situation we were in.

At the time I told both people we would ony accept this money if we could have it as a loan. Both refused, which to be honest is typical of them :rolleyes:

Anyway, a year down the line we are almost back on our feet. We have cleard the debts we incurred, Trev has started his own business and has so far had a pretty constant stream of work and we're not rolling in cash but we're doing ok.

Neither of the people concerned would forgive me if I named them so I won't but I need them to know how very very grateful me and Trev are for what they did for us and for them to know that they helped us more than they could ever know.

We were given a very special gift last year and now it's time for us to give that gift to someone else. I'd like to split it between two rescues at £350 each and would like the first cheque to go to RDR, the second one will go next month to another rescue yet to be decided.

Coryn could you please pm me with an address and who to make the cheque payable to :flowers:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What goes around comes around I think is a saying :unsure: and for every good fortune you receive to give to another in my view is the best gift you can give :flowers:

I just said the same thing to someone.

If you give, you get back threefold and Mel for all you have given in the past and will in the future, you should never want for anything.

Well done to you and Trev. :flowers: