UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Introduce Yourself

Pingu

I'll leave it to Nina to do a "proper" introductory thread and tell you Ricky's story.......

You want me to do a proper introduction do you?.................well let me set the scene..........................it was a cold dark November night, many years ago, when my mother brought me into this world..............hmmmmmm maybe not ......will this do?

We live in Sandbach, Cheshire, Stew my DH, me and our son Tom [in the pic with Ricky]. We're all very interested in animals generally and watch lots of wildlife stuff on TV but as we have found it difficult in the past to live without pets [which we had had to do due to circumstances] we have found that our three furry family members have given more meaning to our lives. Only having had Ricky for a short time, we feel he is meant to be with us and he has made all our lives happier [well maybe not the cats....they are slowly getting used to the idea though] :rolleyes:

BTW Yes my real name is Nina but I am so used to certain people calling me Neenaw that this is how I expect to be addressed these days :rolleyes:

Sorry, another senior moment there.......................I have forgotten to tell you Ricky's story but that will have to wait till next time.........stay tuned for the next exciting episode!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Vikki, aged 4...4...4 (I can do it, just give me a minute to brace myself) 40.

Live in County Durham with my daughter and

Ziggy 8 to 10 ish Big brindle lurcher boy, currently missing :mecry:

Louie 2 to 3 ish Newbie lurcher boy, recovering from a very broken leg

Jaws 5 ish Huge killer goldfish, has been the death of anything else we've put in with her.

I also have a doggy cousin, Rocky, a one year old labradoodle, and still massively miss Baz, my collie, who was pts this August.

This is a whole new world to me - kind of totally focussed on finding poor Ziggy but hope to get out round the forums a bit more WHEN he is home.

Nice to meet you all!

Vikki

2052449983_513d4d3287_m.jpg

2052437371_da8a767d4d_m.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shellzy

Doberman wanted Hi, i'm Michelle,

i live in East Yorkshire with my husband and daughter, i work in admin 2 minutes away from my home.

I recently lost my Beautiful Dobie, Meg aged 12, to a pulminary embolism, my heart is still breaking for her, i know i could never replace her, nor want too, but i could give lots of love to another Doberman in memory of her.

I am looking to rehome a rescue Dobie, but dont know of any local Doberman rescue centres!

If anyone does know of any, please let me know.

Loving countryside home waiting,

Thankyou.

Doberman wanted Hi, i'm Michelle,

i live in East Yorkshire with my husband and daughter, i work in admin 2 minutes away from my home.

I recently lost my Beautiful Dobie, Meg aged 12, to a pulminary embolism, my heart is still breaking for her, i know i could never replace her, nor want too, but i could give lots of love to another Doberman in memory of her.

I am looking to rehome a rescue Dobie, but dont know of any local Doberman rescue centres!

If anyone does know of any, please let me know.

Loving countryside home waiting,

Thankyou.

have you added your details to the homes offered bit! might get more veiwing/responses.

• 7 months later...

Hi, Im Elkie from Bristol and I work with GLWR www.glwr.org.uk and PRO-GALGO ww.pro-galgo.com

Me and my OH Paul have

Ruby: Saluki 5 years old

Pip: ex-racing greyhound 4 years old

Cauchy: greyhound 18 months old

Lucy: saluki x 18 months old

Logan: Borzoi x 5 years old

Roma: whippet x bedlington 10 years old

Tilly: Pug 12 years old

Milo: Pug 8 years old

We are heavily involved in the rescues above and are busy most weekends fundraising for them :wacko: but its worth it for the hounds :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm Angela and I'm currently fostering Suki+Bonnie and Guinness +Scooter!

I also have 2 cats, Polo is 9 and Liquorice is 3

And not forgetting the kids, Sean 13 and Ryan 8

No husband or partner for nearly 4years now and never been happier! :D Cant imagine life without dogs now! I'm loving every minute :rolleyes:

Thanks Ange

Its taken me ages to get the confidence to try this lol, but its great to be more involved!

whats the 'Warn0%' then some little blocks? under my username on the left? :wacko:

Hi and welcome :flowers:

Dont worry about the warn thing. Its there just in case you are norty :biggrin: You can only see your own.

Not that anyone here is ever norty you understand :rolleyes: :laugh:

Hi Jo :flowers:

Thanks Ange

Its taken me ages to get the confidence to try this lol, but its great to be more involved!

whats the 'Warn0%' then some little blocks? under my username on the left? :wacko:

It's not scary honestly, I hope you'll post more - if there's anything you're not sure about, just ask - there's a help section or you can email or PM me :flowers:

And if you really want to get to know what Fugees are like, I think the RMF thread in non animal chat is the place to be :biggrin: (people just post random stuff in there, as important or trivial as you like).

• 2 months later...

Hi I'm Helen

I joined the forum a long while ago but have never posted, I live in the east midlands I am owned by:-

Jess - 16 year old scruffy mongrel

Vixen - 14yr old collie x

Jasper - 7yr old collie

Jinx - 4yr old collie x

Floss - 12mth old Collie

Solo - 12yr old Dun Cob type

Smudge - 8yr Old English Bunny

Nellie - 7yr old Blue Rex Bunny

We compete at agility, take part in Cani-x events and trick train using clicker training.

Hello to everyone, now I have to find my way around here, this place is massive :wacko:

• 1 month later...

hi I'm Janet from Leeds - have been a member here for ages and lurking occasionally but have not been posting regularly for a while. Decided to come back after getting the warning about dormant accounts being deleted! :ohmy:

Have three dogs - Grace - 12 year old Maremma Sheepdog, Jake - 6 year old Smooth Collie, and Mirri - our "wild child" lurcher girl - she is about 2 and an absolute honey but still learning to be civil with other dogs.....

Hello to everyone - hopefully will post a bit more regularly!