UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Introduce Yourself

Pingu

Hi everyone! This is my first ever post here, so please bear with me!

I'm 31 and live in Bradford, West Yorkshire with OH Mark and the wonderful Oscar (whom many of you have icons of...!) This is he:

IMG_1225.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/Rach...od/IMG_1087.jpg

We adopted Oscar from the Oldies Club on 12th November 2005. He is our baby :wub: He's "supposed" to be 14 yrs, but I dont think anyone has told him that! He loves bouncing around and is always up for playtime!

I work work in an office (admin) :tired: and am just about to start a p/t reflexology course. In an ideal world, I'd live in the middle of the countryside with five dogs and two horses (and not have to work of course!)..... one day

Oscar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :partytime:

Hello, Im Raiye, pronounced ray (like sunshine! :biggrin: ) My chaotic piece of heaven is shared with OH (very kind and understanding man that often comes home to "another" dog!) and 3 children aged 4,9, 12.

Felines Georgie (all black) and Giz the tom (white and black)

Here they are showing the workings of a set of our new "cat friendly, dog free" shelving.

georgeandgiz1.jpg

Canines. My darling baby girl. Bramble AKA Slinky 9 year old grey x

bramssnoozing.jpg

My first failed foster Chase, an 18 month lurchery fawn Lurcher boy that doesnt lurch very well!!

snoozing.jpg

SUNP0007.jpg

And the noobie needing a home, Skippy (!) a 2 year old wonderful, misunderstood chappie.

SUNP0004.jpg

We all recently moved to Wigan in Lancashire but are Nottingham natives originally.

I'm a Ray too, in my mid 20s and I'm not a boy either. Though I don't have a particularly interesting spelling.

I bob about on a boat with:

My tolerant - and lovely - OH :wub:

Archie-The-Superior (11 month mog)

Princess Madison (AKA Maddie, the Madbag, Madlet, Madam... and it goes on....), my 10 month old staffie.

I do what I can for rescue - whether it's collecting blankets, selling junk on fleabay, recycling spoilt maddie's collar collection on swapshop or - hopefully in the near future :) - homechecking.

You've mostly all seen them before, but here are my babies (OH refuses to have his pic on the tinterweb):

PhonePics214.jpg

Sorry pic's a bit cr*p - took it on my phone, but it's one of my favourites... they're actually being nice to each other for once. :rolleyes: :wub:

Guest diggles

Hi all *waves* :flowers:

my names Diane, i'm owned by Harry

here he is at 8 weeks

68ed2d7cc2027a31bd421ae978dddf03.JPG

and here the other day at 18 months

a5538ec81986d08383e8ac3c37a5d951.JPG

Harry is to be a daddy in a weeks time so then i will have lots more pics to share with you..

Hope to get to know you all soon

off to have a nose about

Hugs

Diane

xxx

Hi, I'm Brenda, I live in Leicestershire, but born and bred Londoner! I'm happilly married to Les and have 2 kids, Adam aged 18 and Rachel 16. I have 2 part-time jobs; as first-aider/admin/welfare in a High School and a Marie Curie (cancer care) nurse. In my 'spare' time (ha, ha) I help out at our local Animal Sanctuary. I have 4 cats, Misty (Birman) Sasha, Rosie and Sidney, who is disabled. We are also the new proud owners of Caleb. We recently lost our darling blue greyhound Daisy to cancer (she's on my avatar) aged only 6(ish)and our lovely old lurcher Ben to a suspected stroke in December, he was my shadow. Still coming to terms with their loss, they were perfect. Had lots of other rescue cats and dogs over the years, mainly oldies. I know several of the members here from other forums.

Guest Pandora

Hi, I'm Tara. 28 and live with my husband in Bristol. I'm Australian and my husband's kiwi and we've been here for almost 2 years and have to go home soon.

Hence we aren't owned by any dogs as such, BUT we do foster for Wiccaweys, which we absolutely love. Currently we have Fleck who you may be seen was attacked a coupld of weeks ago by another dog. He's our 5th foster (counting the one we had for 28 hours :cool: ).

I found out about the forum via the Wiccs site. IT'S HUGE!! So much to read. Thankfully my job is non-demanding :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Ann. I have 2 children, girl aged 13 and a boy aged 7. I am from Cardiff and currently live in Barry. My animals are Ziggy cat, nearly 15 from the Sheffield cat rescue (lived there at the time), Jet an 8 mth kitten also a rescue and Harri a rescue lab. He is 4.5 years and has been here for 2 years.

I have just discovered this site and now know where everyone is :)

Cant do pictures :mad:

lost the link, took me ages to find it again. Hello to peeps I haven't seen (virtually speaking!) for too long!

:wavey:

for those who I haven't met before, i'm Di, from Notts, proud mum of Sally (lab), Beckie (cav), cats Tribble, Ollie, Roly and Thor, oh and Dan (human)

di

Edited by diry

Never saw this thread............ :)

Anyway, I'm Wendy, based in Cardiff, and have loads and loads of dogs. I also work full-time. Shock, horror! Age is a bit dodgy at the moment because I'm soon going to be older than I want to be.

The kids have flown the nest and the husband was chucked years ago and so I live with a pile of rescue dogs:

Kim a Basset cross

Max a Collie Cross

Freya a Ridgeback cross

Suzi a Saluki

Lily a Saluki x Whippet

Rose a Saluki

Jess a Lurcher

Feh a Saluki

Misty a terrier of sorts

Zebedee a Bedlington cross who knows what

Quince a Springer Spaniel

Ivy a Springer Spaniel

Apart from mad Zeb, they are all getting on a bit but can still run like the wind.

We also have today two fosters: Mikey an ancient JRT and Bayleaf a young Greyhound. And tomorrow a little scruffy lurcher will join us for a few days/weeks/months

I do rescuing as a one woman band - from traveller camps, puppy farms, Pounds and whatever anyone rings me about or brings to my door.

I also do a bit of transporting and homechecking.

Last night I was doing an audit of dogs in and we are on number 82 in three years. My lot are really tolerant and welcoming to guest dogs, thank goodness. :wub:

Here we are chilling of an evening:

13atrest.jpg

Oh and I'm also a trustee of Sighthounds Online, a charity that raises awareness of the abuses suffered by sighthounds and that raises funds for the wonderful rescues who pick up the pieces. :flowers: