UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Introduce Yourself

Pingu

I am Julia and I am 38.

I am married to Darren and we have three boys - Matthew 11, Adam 10 and Daniel 4, known as the MAD brothers. I also foster extra children part-time.

I live on the Wirral, Merseyside, with

Hollie, 15 year old Border Collie

Jacko 22 month Border Collie

Toffee 15 month old Cairn Terrier

Pluto 15 year old white cat

Casper 7 year old ginger and white cat

Rusty Rabbit

and baby Basil the hamster

They do not keep me too busy to come on here now and then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry I am a late starter. I'm Alison, live with my Husband Derek in Market Harborough. Have two daughters Emily (away at University but seems to be her quite often) and Lorna who was born with Spina Bifida, but as a friend once told me she hasn't read the book of the symptons yet. I work at a conference centre part time and OH runs his own business. We have Brodie , Blue Merle border collie who will be 13 in April, and Mabel a black and white border collie cross from Rochdale Rescue, age approx 6 (she's a lady and not telling) We also have three cats Tom approx 14, Chloe and Jessie both Cat Protection rejects. I have fostered for them for 4 years and these two were difficult to rehome and have ended up staying. We also have Beauty the budgie now 13 years old and Bobby a cockatiel. We also have fish and a rescue black and white 15.3hh cob, Paddy. He is out on loan to a family nearby so I get to see him frequently. Also have two kittens here on foster been here a long time due to ill health, but are rnow eady for rehoming now. Trouble is they are black and black and white. Anyone in the world of cat rescue will know that no one wants black and black white kittens/cats at present. Shame people can't see past the colour they are adorable. Lead a busy life but enjoy coming on this site to catch up on gossip etc. I must be closet nosy neighbour.

I live down in Bournemouth - Got married last september to Martyn. I am 30 and will be 29 in March :biggrin:

I only have the one dog called Malo - a rescue mutt - about 6 years old now - we have had him nearly two years :wub:

We also have a hamster called Lady Rodders - reason being we originally thought she was a male so named her Rodders - then realised she was female :wacko:

I'm Kerri (really?) and I live with my husband Brian (who posts occasionally as KuBrin Kaos)

We share our home near Pangbourne in Berkshire with

Boots (' Do you think I'm smiling?') the 10 year old black lurcher

Cleo (' I'll put your face in my pocket') an 8ish year old grey and white lurcher

Tealeaf (' Are you annoyed yet?') a 4 year old fawn lurcher

Megan (' Does my bum look big in this') a 14 year old deerhound

KuBrin (' Boof') a 3 year old blonde wolfhound (and boy, is he blonde....)

Maddie the 3/4 Maine Coone cat (I think she's about 7)

0 kids (phew)

Phebe living in West Wales (15 miles N of Cardigan) with partner Chi, pulis Humphrey nearly 12 and Polly 10, Fenella the very small black lionhead type bunny age unknown, Strawberry hamster aged 3 and a disorderly gang of giant snails.

I do transport, bits of rescue, lost and found - general dogsbody :)

Hi I'm Stevie /Stefi or also know as the madwoman for some reason :rolleyes:

No O/H kicked him a few years ago and am also a child free zone.

I live Nr Dover Kent in a very rural little village.

I have been in rescue for over 20yrs and usually have a house full.

Am owned by the ever patient " I don't like puppies " 8 year old Zimba and

2yr old surrogate mum/dad to any foster pup Muzi

Helllooooooooooo :D

I am Ellie, live in Cheltenham with my OH Lee, "his" (he's now mine all mine I tell you!!) dog Arty, a 10/11 year old BC, our new dog/loon Jack, a 5month BC, and Sparks our ginger m white puss prat who is almost 1 now, Jack is from Wiccaweys and I am like a proud mummy with him :rolleyes: Arty was rescued by Lee from a pound in Wales when he was roughly 6months :)

I LOVE this site :biggrin: only found it because of the Wiccaweys auction (I got the grunty banana AND the balck stallion books :biggrin: very happy) and it rocks :)

Ellie x x

Hi All,

I'm Chris, a fortysomething male (how many of us are there here?? - that's male of any age). I live in Northampton with the Beastly Beasts:

Kai - tan lurcher from Wood Green aged about 4ish and totally laid back

Monty - black and bald greyhound from White Lodge who's about 2 1/2 and was a bag of nerves and now isn't

Jack - brindle greyhound, a failed foster from White Lodge who's about 6 1/2 and as mad as a mad thing

Troy - white greyhound from (you might notice a theme here) White Lodge. He's 6 years 5 months and 5 days old, and is learning to be laid back

'Coz I'm slightly(?) mad, the Beastly Beasts have their own website: www.thebeastlybeasts.co.uk

Apart from the Beastly Beasts and Gill (OH) my big (and I mean BIG) passion is scuba diving. I've been doing it for 25 years, and for the last 6 or 7 I have been involved with the South West Maritime Archaeological Group working on the Salcombe Cannon Site, where we found about 500 Moroccan Gold Coins from the 17th Century and loads of other interesting bits of the time, and more recently, Bronze Age (that's 3,500 years ago) rapiers, axes, and other stuff. Everything we find ends up at the British Museum. Our website is www.historyfromthesea.net.

Hi All,

I'm Chris, a fortysomething male (how many of us are there here?? - that's male of any age). I live in Northampton with the Beastly Beasts:

Kai - tan lurcher from Wood Green aged about 4ish and totally laid back

Monty - black and bald greyhound from White Lodge who's about 2 1/2 and was a bag of nerves and now isn't

Jack - brindle greyhound, a failed foster from White Lodge who's about 6 1/2 and as mad as a mad thing

Troy - white greyhound from (you might notice a theme here) White Lodge. He's 6 years 5 months and 5 days old, and is learning to be laid back

'Coz I'm slightly(?) mad, the Beastly Beasts have their own website: www.thebeastlybeasts.co.uk

Apart from the Beastly Beasts and Gill (OH) my big (and I mean BIG) passion is scuba diving. I've been doing it for 25 years, and for the last 6 or 7 I have been involved with the South West Maritime Archaeological Group working on the Salcombe Cannon Site, where we found about 500 Moroccan Gold Coins from the 17th Century and loads of other interesting bits of the time, and more recently, Bronze Age (that's 3,500 years ago) rapiers, axes, and other stuff. Everything we find ends up at the British Museum. Our website is www.historyfromthesea.net.

Looking forward to meeting you, Gill and the Hounds in September. It seems we are having Dumpledale the same week as you are at Swallows Dance. :)

Kazz

Edited by redditchlady

Hi, I'm Wendy. I lived in Dorchester, Dorset and share my life with Pete (my OH), Sophie our daughter (at Cardiff University but home a lot!), Danny our son (lurcherdan), and our hoodlums

Cats - Bonnie and Clyde 13.5 year old littermates

Fay (the stray) also 13 ish

Biddy, 10

Alice, 5

Dogs - Molly 3 (lurcher)

Finley 2.5 (Fin) another lurcher

Izzie, 2 - you guessed it, another lovely lurcher

Dan and me run Sighthound Welfare Trust :biggrin: .

I thought I'd posted on here just now but can't see it so I'll do it again :biggrin:

I'm Sue and I live in North Connel, Argyll about 5 miles north of Oban with my gorgeous boy Finn who came over from Ireland as a rescue last February. I met himm through Freya (Crazy Spaniels) and just fell in love with him. I also have the OH (Bill) :D and we are a child free zone :D

Here is my gorgeous Finn

85764038b0998c34508f381588576051.jpg

I'm Sarah, I live near Malmesbury, Wiltshire.... in a small cottage about 5 miles from civilisation!

I share my house with 2 Trailhounds Mac and Bob who came to me a couple of year ago from Trailhound Trust. I also have Jaspacat who is about 7 he came to me 5 years ago from the RSPCA, then Gilbert who came as a foster from the Bengal Cat Rescue. He ended up staying when I took over running the rescue.

We also have a foster dog Misty and foster bengal Elsa.

Also have horses, Molly, Nya and Easta. Who live near by (not in the garden!!)

:biggrin:

I'm Katariina and I live in Finland. Moved back here almost a year ago from Scotland where I lived for eight years :) And although I love being back home, I'm missing Scotland terribly.

I live with my husband Janne and two dogs;

Larry the lurcher who we got from a greyhound rescue in Aberdeen a little over 2 years ago

Reetta, a 6-yr old ex-racer greyhound. Racer in Finland is a lot different to racer in UK in that the money involved in racing is pennies and most dogs are family pets. But still Reetta was a surplus to requirements and came to live with us. :)

We are just re-learning to cope with the Finnish winter with -20C :ohmy:

I'm Penny [44 and plumpish :huh: ] i live in solihull with phil my hostile oh, lois 13, aaron 9, and dylan 6. My babies are blue a 6 year dalmation, tacco a 3 year lhasa apso shih-tzu cross, misty chinchilla, peanuts guinea pig, wiggy guinea pig, sooty rabbit, james runny hamster and some fish and a conga frog. I would love to do some fostering [and failing :cool: ], but until i can dispose of hostile oh i'm stuck.