UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Salada Has Had A Fit

elricc

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Salada is back to her old self, she had a light dinner last night and was mugging everyone for food :rolleyes: she was running about by about 9 and we were trying to keep her quiet.

I know fitting can be caused by liver or kidney problems so I booked her in for blood tests on Teusday so we can get to the bottom of any problems, thanks for the link Ian.

No walk today to be on the safe side, she is asleep in the sun.

Hi Laura,

Yes all too much experience.... Hobo was epi the last few months of her life and Megan is now as well.

There are some very good resources on the web with information, but often a dog can just have one fit and that's it, no repeats, so fingers crossed this is the case for Salada

If you need them - try these places - lots and lots of info - there also some very active forums with lots of knowledgeable people.

http://www.canine-epilepsy.net/index.html

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/

Good luck!

Kerrio

Oh Laura I am so sorry, I have only just caught this.

I am so pleased that Salada is now well again but can understand how frightened you must have been.

Raffles had a fit and I was scared witless. Vet told me to keep him warm and somewhere quiet and to lay him on his side, similar to humans having a fit.

When he came out of it he was fine, I was a gibbering wreck.

Gentle :GroupHug: for Salada and :GroupHug: for you.

Sending ,ots of positive thoughts for Salada.

Glad she's recovered well. I know it's scary, but should it happen again, you have to stay calm for her. Rescue Remedy or Star of Bethlehem rubbed into her fur will help calm her. Keep the house as calm as possible till she's fully recovered. Quiet calming background music may help.

They can be caused by vaccination reaction among other things, and of course now she shouldn't have any more boosters as they are only for 100% healthy dogs and she isn't.

A natural diet of real food is worth considering if she's not already on it. Also worth talking to a Homeopathic Vet.

I have some info sheets I can scan and email if you wish, pm for my email.

Sending Reiki if she wants it.