UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Salada Has Had A Fit

elricc

Please keep our lovely girl in your thoughts she has had a fit, please pray there are no repeates .

We called the vet who recommended not bringing her in, she is very sleepy and not back up on her feet yet, she is aware of her name and follows us with her eyes as we cross the room. She is a big girl so I hope she is back up on her feet soon.

We have been told to keep a diary, it may be a one off. She is at the vets on teusday for blood tests on her kidney and liver function.

Has anyone got any advice, we have never had a dog before who fits.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thoughts for Salada :GroupHug:

George has seizures - they are very frightening aren't they. I give him vanilla ice cream after to get his blood sugars up. You can also give honey (George can't abide it but some dogs like it) He is always washed out and tired after a seizure and has a very long deep sleep. He's right as rain the next day tho slightly hyperactive.

Really hope it's a one off :flowers:

Marion

I used to have a dog who had fits, it is very distressing to watch. We just made sure she was safe and not in danger of injuring herself on anything. (furniture etc). Our vet told us that, although horrible for us to see, the dogs don't remember anything about it. I hope your vet gets to the cause. :flowers: