UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Little Introduction.....

staffymad

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,I am Cher and I am St Albans Dog Rescue. I have been in rescue for 40 years and every year I convince myself that I am giving up because I am too old and sick but.....................I am still here and still busy!! I have Ebbi,my 6 year old home bred rottie and Kizzy,a gentle jack russell rescue from Stevie at 4Pawzand more. She was supposed to be a foster but she stayed. I recently lost my Jess,a temperamental jack russell rescue from HWAR. They found that she had brain damage under a hole in her head,3 old skull fractures where she had been hit on the head (probably with a hammer) and a large tumour behind her eye. No wonder she was ratty! I have a continuous stream of rescues at my home and another stream of Irish rescues up my stables.I also have a rescue 16.3hh warmblood gelding,a number of rescue feral cats and two rescue goldfish in the horse trough! So I am a little busy! :biggrin:

I have fostered an oldie and I am on the list for transport runs if I have time. I usually go on the OC walks. I have met quite a few of you and look forward to seeing you all again.xx

Jessie,Jessie :mecry: :wub:

We do miss you!

Ebbi and Kizzy look lovely...Love the last one of Ebbi....and Taz looks as yummy as ever.

The day you 'give up' Rescue will be the day I get signed up as a supermodel,Cher!!

I think we need a Casper pic too Liz!! :wink:

Hi There, I'm Karen, OH is Simon and we were adopted last October by Jenny, a Springer Spaniel :wub: We absolutely love her to bits. She is somewhere between 18months and 3, having been given various ages from vets that have seen her in Ireland (where she was rescued from) and then here, we think she is probably nearer 18months than older. We got Jenny from Mill Rescue in Lincolshire. Jenny had been abandoned in a wood in Ireland, tied to a tree, with her 8 puppies in a carrier bag next to her, she only has half an ear on her right ear and 1 toe on her left paw, oh and no front lower teeth, losing them all somewhere in her past, god only knows how :angry: . She has come on in leaps and bounds since she came to live with us....................... I think one of the best things was seeing her start to play with a squeaky toy on her own and really enjoying it :biggrin: , I just sat on the floor and cried, she didnt know what toys were for.

We have applied to become fosterer's for the Oldies Club and are now awaiting our homecheck.

So thats us :flowers:

Hi There, I'm Karen, OH is Simon and we were adopted last October by Jenny, a Springer Spaniel :wub: We absolutely love her to bits. She is somewhere between 18months and 3, having been given various ages from vets that have seen her in Ireland (where she was rescued from) and then here, we think she is probably nearer 18months than older. We got Jenny from Mill Rescue in Lincolshire. Jenny had been abandoned in a wood in Ireland, tied to a tree, with her 8 puppies in a carrier bag next to her, she only has half an ear on her right ear and 1 toe on her left paw, oh and no front lower teeth, losing them all somewhere in her past, god only knows how :angry: . She has come on in leaps and bounds since she came to live with us....................... I think one of the best things was seeing her start to play with a squeaky toy on her own and really enjoying it :biggrin: , I just sat on the floor and cried, she didnt know what toys were for.

We have applied to become fosterer's for the Oldies Club and are now awaiting our homecheck.

So thats us :flowers:

Hi Karen and Simon, nice that you found us :flowers:

Cindy

Hi Karen and Simon, nice that you found us :flowers:

Cindy

Hi Cindy.........great forum, all of it.......................hoping to contact you regarding maybe meeting up for a coffee either 17th or 18th when I come go to Cardiff as I am now going on my own, Simon is staying at home with Jenny.

Hi Cindy.........great forum, all of it.......................hoping to contact you regarding maybe meeting up for a coffee either 17th or 18th when I come go to Cardiff as I am now going on my own, Simon is staying at home with Jenny.

Just give me a shout, if I am around most definate. You basically drive past my house on the way to Cardiff :biggrin:

Hello all

Just thought I would give a little introduction.

I am Cheryl and I live with my husband Mike. I live in the Norfolk countryside and not to far from the beach (fifteen minutes) so no problem with walks for us. We have two children Mark & Corinne who have now left home and four grandchildren Matthew, Jack, Callum and Carla who visit us occasional.

I work for 10 hours per week but my dogs have the run of the home and also have access to a dog flap and a large secure garden with a six-foot fence. This was Hubby pride and joy until the new puppies arrived and they change the design of the garden it's now looking like a quarry.

I do care for dogs in my home whilst relations are on holidays etc.

We help with transport for quite a few rescues and just love doing this. :love: I would love to foster but Mike says no as I could not return them and I would always fail!!!! :crying_anim:

I have had dogs for the last 37 years but I have just lost two dogs, Huggy and Poppy through old age.

Our Dogs are:

· Yorkshire Terrier (14 year’s) called Sassy, Rescue Due to neglect

· Long coated Chihuahua /Pomeranian (13 year’s) called Whisky, Rescue Snap at people.

· Papillon (12 year’s) called Summer, Rescue Breeding Bitch (Retired Mum)

· Whippet (9 year’s) called Holly, Rescue Due to neglect

· Powder puff called Kazie (8 year’s) Rescue owner passed away

· Papillon (7 year’s) called Sophie, Rescue Breeding Bitch (Killed her pups)

· Papillon (7 year’s) called Lucy Rescue due to new baby in family

· Whippet (7 year’s) called Misty, Rescue Breeding Bitch (Retired Mum)

· Yorkshire Terrier (4 year’s) called Bonnie, Rescue as the lady move to a rented flat.

· Pomeranian/German Spitz (1 year’s) called Teddy, Puppy in Rescue

· Pomeranian/German Spitz (1 year’s) called Honey, Puppy in Rescue

Anyway looking forward to another walk at Thetford so we will hopefully get to see some of you again.

Edited by hugapup