UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Little Introduction.....

staffymad

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, my name is Debbie and i've not been a member of the oldies very long and this is my first post...2nd attempt at posting actually!! :wacko:

I hail from Lancashire but now reside in Redbourn, Hertfordshire with OH, H. My initiation into the world of dog rescue began 11 years ago when I adopted a beautiful border collie, Smudge, from BC rescue..as was..now BC Trust. We had just over 10 years together, sadly he went to the Bridge almost a year ago. :mecry:

On a visit to Dogs Trust at Harefield we found Jasper. He's a 4yr old black & white, one blue eyed BC originally from Scotland, scared of allsorts at first particularly balls, toys and cameras. He is now ball obsessed, likes toys (but not as much as aball) still camera phobic! He's a real sweet boy, loves people+ likes to say hello to other dogs but can't dilly dally if there's a ball around! :)

His vices include chasing rabbits& cats in the field + ignoring all calls and bribes to come back, taking over the sofa/bed and generally being wherever I want to go in the house!

I have spoken to Cindy (Staffymad) and am hoping to become an involved volunteer. Would like to take all the Oldies that people overlook (wouldn't we all??!!) but can't until we win the lottery...tomorrow's Saturday...here's hoping!

Hi Debs, nice to see you here :flowers: Fingers crossed Debs will be another foster mum for one of our needy oldies for us and it just means there is one more I need to keep in check and stop becoming a foster keeper :D :laugh:

Hi all

I am Natalie and I am a homechecker and have checked a number of homes out for The Oldies Club, I also run a Fun dog show in Essex which the OC takes a stand at, on top of that I am The Lab Link rescue Co ordinator for Labrador Forums and a homechecker for numerous other rescues.

We have just moved to a village in Essex on the coast called St Osyth and I have to say its wonderful here.

This is a piccie of me and my 2, Jack the Labrador and Maia the Utonagan

PICT0019.jpg

and my favourite oldies, my mums 2 Cavvies, Josh and Sam who are often over to have fun at the beach, Sam the Blenheim is 11 yrs old and Josh is 9 yrs old.

PICT0016.jpg

HI Natalie, nice to see you here too. I love your dogs especially Maia :wub:

Cindy

Hello Everyone,

Im Michelle and we have a nice animal (and human) family. Sam our Staffie boy is 12, he came from The Oldies Club last year. He kinda runs the house but as he is an older gent we let him get away with it. You have to respect age..... he is totally adorable & we wouldnt be without him. He is a brindle boy and doesnt even think he is his age - he boings everywhere, especially when we are in Cornwall. He is also a bit of a Ponker and a Bunter - those of you who have Staffies will know what this is. Then comes Cheeky the 5 year old mackerel tabbie who likes his big bro BUT wishes he wouldnt keep licking him!!! Next is Annie Cat the mad Tortie. Sam hates her - she hates him. She spits at him from on high - he barks. Then she just looks as if to say - sorry but Im up and your down so I think im probably on top.....Lastly we have The Chicky Girls - 3 Rescue Battery hens who dont lay eggs but are great fun anyway and keep comming in the house and wandering about. Oh and then there are the rescue cats in the pen - currently 4 feral kittens who love to spit at Sam. Great fun is had by all. It is never dull at our house - please visit if your passing!!!

M :biggrin:

Should you turn up on the doorstep you would be extremely welcome! Just fight your way past Dora the Chicken (just hanging out by the gate for who knows what.....), Cheeky the cat (on guard in case a passing case of cat food drops by.......) and Our Sam who is waiting for when his ship comes in and it starts raining Fillet steak!!!!!!!! Doggy heaven or what. Seriously, should you ever come by please be prepared to have tons of affection lavished on you by either licks/pecks or purrrrs......M :biggrin:

Hi All,

I have some beautiful pics of Sammy McSimpkins and his friends BUT have no idea how to post them! Please help....I see lovely pics of everyone else's gorgeous dogs but cant share my boy with you all. Mind you, as he has just knicked my sandwich he is in the doghouse yet again. He may be old but what a turn of speed when a chicken sarnie is in reach....Will I never learn! :angry: Have given him a severe kissing for being such a bugalugs.

Hi All,

I have some beautiful pics of Sammy McSimpkins and his friends BUT have no idea how to post them! Please help....I see lovely pics of everyone else's gorgeous dogs but cant share my boy with you all. Mind you, as he has just knicked my sandwich he is in the doghouse yet again. He may be old but what a turn of speed when a chicken sarnie is in reach....Will I never learn! :angry: Have given him a severe kissing for being such a bugalugs.

Michelle, you will need to upload them on something like photo bucket :flowers: So until you have been able to upload some, here a couple of my favourite Sam pictures :wub:

sam1.jpg

and

Sam2.jpg

Cindy :D