UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Little Introduction.....

staffymad

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I am Sandi and I live with hubby Graham in Surrey together we have Ollie the rescue retired racing Greyhound who wears a coat with 'Just Chillin' written on the side and our old fella Cash (minimum 15 years) an OC Staffie who has been with us since November 2006. They are both fabtabulous even though they have just been out in rain and brought most of the garden indoors with them!!! Oh, and I nearly forgot the 2 chickens Phoebe and Isabella loved by us all - but maybe not for the same reasons :rolleyes: We would both like to do more although fostering is out of the question at the moment and we just have not found something we can volunteer for after work commitments, but we have registered for home checking and transportation, but we are always here for an ask.

Pentax1stbase073.jpg

Pentax1stbase124.jpg

CopyofPentax1stbase014.jpg

chick0003.jpg

Hi, I am Liz. I started out as an Oldies Club fosterer as I met Kelly through the local RSPCA as she was fostering "Stoopid Casper" for them. My daughter Melz and I saw a photo of Casper and fell in love, so I go my hubs to take me to visit him..he has now been with us nearly two years! After a little while of fostering I became the OC Treasurer, I now do this and am the Rehoming Co-ordinator and Coats Co-ordinator and am still fostering for The Oldies Club which I really enjoy. In my spare time I also do transporting and home visits!!

Set63_01.jpg

Hi, my name is Eileen live with hubby Stuart. We are registered RSPCA homecheckers and we foster for WAW, we have fostered all sizes all ages.

We have 4 dogs of our own..Woofy 11yr old, Cassie 9 yr old, Bobby Boy 4 yr old and Tara 2 yr old, apart from Woofy they are failed fosterers.

We also have 5 cats... Suki 20 yrs old, Poppy 6 yrs old, Molly 6 yrs old, Misty 5 yrs old and Cilla 10 yrs old all rescued from the RSPCA.

We have a soft spot for oldies and would take them all if we could :rolleyes:

Guest Sherbert

Hi I'm new to this site and I hope you don't mind me posting

My name is Dawn and I live in Caerphilly in South Wales with my OH and our 3 wonderful rescue dogs, Sherbert who's 7, Gypsy, the Lurcher, who's 3 and just before Christmas we adopted our 3rd dog from the Dogs Trust, Sandy, who's a 15 year old Whippetx and very sprightly for his age :biggrin:

I'm Carrie. Currently living in Sheffield.....but in the process of moving out to Tideswell in Derbyshire. Share my mad world with OH and Jazz and Holly both around 3yo so don't classify as Oldies yet. We rehomed Jazz from Sheffield Dog Rescue when she was a pup....and Holly from WAW when she was about 9 months.

I help fundraise for The Oldies Club through www.k9knitters.co.uk. Our growing band of kntters make knitted dog coats which we then sell and 100% of proceeds go to either OC or Dogs Trust.

Here are some gratuitous pics of my two! (Jazz is the brindle staffy-x; Holly is the black one - heritage unknown!)

Picture028-resized.jpg

Picture016-resized.jpg

3rdprizeinBitsa.jpg

Cheers, Carrie

Guest Sherbert
:wavey: Hi Dawn - welcome to The Refuge.

I think we need some pictures of your dogs!

These are my little darlings :biggrin:

Gypsy (Lurcher) and Sherbert

49752581_1cb00afe77.jpg

and my old man Sandy

394237950_70714943fd.jpg

Hello all!Long time no hear! :biggrin:

Well...As most of you know I am Kaye and I live in St Albans with my 3 rescue pooches Bandit(Black Lab from Many Tears),Katie(A failed foster Lurcher thanks to Michelle/Jacobean!You've got alot to answer for woman!!) and Skye(A collie X) who I fell in love with after seeing her pic on Drogheda Dog Rescue in Ireland.She is the newest dog despite being 8 years old and she has been with me a year.

My Fiance,Jamie,lives with me at Weekends as he works in his native land of Halesowen,West Midlands and I have 3 kids from a previous marriage,a disabled boy of 12 and 2 girls of 9 and 6.The eldest girl also has ADHD so it's great fun at my house!!lol :wacko:

I failed at fostering and now I don't have the room but I do help transport if I'm asked and when time allows.I used to be on the comittee for the DFSG(Duchenne Family Support Group)which is a Charity that supports families who have a child with DMD(Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy)which is what my son has but I can't find the childcare these days since his mobility has worsened,or the time,but I have just conned/talked a mate(Soon to be an ex mate) into running the marathon to raise funds for them. :happy:

I have met up with Liz(Domjetcas....Why not Ghost Liz??),Cheryl and Mike(Hugapup),Cher(Ranirottie...who I am very good mates with) and some other doggie rescue people on various walks and also with Cindy(Staffymad),Debs(Whitetiger) and Victoria(Cycas)...Hope you are all well!)and others on a camping trip where we almost ended up under water!! :D :laughingsmiley:

Anyway....I am waiting for JazzieJ to sort another walk out so will hopefully get to see some of you again soon and meet some I don't know.

Thentherewere3.jpg

Skye,Katie and Bandit!

Edited by Kaye9

Hi Kaye,

Welcome to the group, nice to catch up with you again, it's been a while lol! :flowers:

I have booked a walk see (OC 2nd Anniversary Thetford Walk thread) for Sunday 15 April and hope you will be there, it will be great to catch up on all your news etc. :biggrin:

Hi John!

I didnt know you had found your way here! :)

I've been meaning to take a pic of the ornaments you kindly donated to Doms Sensory garden.Got your message on the answer machine today.It's been manic.

I am going to take a look at the Walk thread now.

Hope you are well,mate! :flowers: