UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Little Introduction.....

staffymad

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Cheryl and Mike, :flowers:

Nice to see you here, I can see you still have several (lol) beautiful companions! I hope you will be able to make the Anniversary Walk at Thetford on 15 April, it would be nice to see you again, Trena and Russ will be there eager to have temporary care of two members of your family! :biggrin:

Hi Christine & John

Looking forward to see you again but we have not had any transport your way. We have been going down south, if you need us to help over my way then just let us now.

When we do meet up we hope to catch up with all your news.

Cheryl & Mike xxx

Hi John

Looking forward to the walk on Sunday 14 April at Thetford. Hope to meet up with a lot of friends to catch up on all the news.

Do you think that Kaye and Cher will make it on time!!!! If they come :rolleyes:

I would love Trena and Russ to help me with two of them that means that I can bring Summer and Sophie they will be please. :) I know they would all like to come but just to many and two of them have travel sickness.

Cheryl & Mike xxx

Edited by hugapup

Do you think that Kaye and Cher will make it on time!!!!

Now that's the million dollar question isnt it? :laugh:

We shall definately be going and Cher said she should be going if she's up to it!I'm looking forward to it! :elefant:

oooo Cheryl,cheek! its not me who is late,its 'er.....that Kaye bird who makes me late. :rolleyes: I am hoping to come and going to try my best but my health is a little iffy and some days are worse than others. If I come I might have to pinch one of those lovely Papillon or Pom babies,I didn't quite manage it last time. :biggrin:

Hi

I'm Jo, I live in Leicester with Rudi Rottweiler (2) and Amber Spaniel (13). We've just fostered our first dog, Jackson the Jack Russell for the Oldies Club. Jackson is lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed having him here - he enjoyed chasing and wrestling with Rudi. He went to his new home a couple of weeks ago :biggrin: and :mecry: and I believe he is doing very well. The new owners said I could visit but I'm not sure if they were just being polite - is it the done thing? :questionmark:

Hi

I'm Jo, I live in Leicester with Rudi Rottweiler (2) and Amber Spaniel (13). We've just fostered our first dog, Jackson the Jack Russell for the Oldies Club. Jackson is lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed having him here - he enjoyed chasing and wrestling with Rudi. He went to his new home a couple of weeks ago :biggrin: and :mecry: and I believe he is doing very well. The new owners said I could visit but I'm not sure if they were just being polite - is it the done thing? :questionmark:

Hi Jo

I was also invited to visit my ex-foster dog, Casper, in his new home. I decided to leave it a few months though so that Casper had time to settle there and know that the new place is his real home. I thought that if I had visited him within a short space of time, he might think that I had gone to bring him back 'home' and that would be upsetting and unsettling for him and me.

So my advice would be to leave it 3 months or so before visiting, if you can wait that long. :flowers:

Casper left here in October and I went to visit him this week. It was wonderful to see him so happy and well-loved in his new home. He remembered me and made the biggest, most enthusiastic fuss, but then he went and sat by his new mum and dad as if he was telling me that he was now theirs and that he was happy with them. It was a lovely experience and made me feel wonderful.

I hope you have a similar experience. :GroupHug:

Hi

Hi Jo, great that you have joined us. We need pictures of your lovely dogs, it is a written law :biggrin: :biggrin:

Will give you a ring tomorrow or so about another potential fosterling :biggrin:

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone - finally got on here....

The atavar is the late, great Bud, who many of you have met over the years (didn't matter where we were, if anyone published pics from a doggie event there was bound to be one of him with comments about his gorgeous eyes!). Sadly he died at the end of November 2006 - he was around 10 when he came to live with me, and I truly believe the final 3yrs 10 months were a loving, happy time for him, when he achieved so much (PAT dog, holidays all over the place, etc).

This is the current household: http://georgina.myphotoalbum.com/view_albu...bumName=album03.

Lucy Greyhound has never known a day's hardship - she was bred and raced by my friend, who looks after all his dogs when they retire, until such time as he finds a GOOD home for them (one has just gone to a new home 3 years after retiring). Lucy will be 8 in July.

Alice Terrier is an ex Oldies girl - she came as a foster, as my friend had seen her picture and thought she would be a great companion for her dog. Unfortunately he made it clear he wanted to be an only dog, although he loves everyone when he is out with them. She was about 8 when she came, and as she arrived on Lucy's birthday, hers is now the same date - so she will be 10 in July. Alice is the one with the big smile.

Toastie Terrier - well, what can I say. I've put a brief description of how he came to me on the Anniversary walk thread, so won't bore you with it again. Suffice it to say that a little dog who was near death in December (due to illness and infection, not neglect) has now gained 2 kilos, is football mad and has to be kept on the lead if anyone is silly enough to be kicking a ball in the park. If fate had not made me go to Dogs Trust that day, and made the ladies there bring him up to spend the day in reception he could well have been on the Oldies website as he is AT LEAST 10, deaf, grade 2 heart murmur, only 3 teeth, etc etc...

Oh yes, there are also 5 fish indoors, and 2 fish in a ginormous barrel outside (but they make any others I put in there leap out, so they now have to stay on their own), and me.... I am the area co-ordinator for PAT in Coventry and Warwickshire, so Lucy and Alice are PAT visitors, and once Toastie has been with me the required 6 months he will be assessed as a PAT dog - tho he may not do any visits, he will be on the stand with me during shows, so will be official then..

Edited by buddyboy