UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Little Introduction.....

staffymad

I thought seeing that we have a brand new Oldies Club Chat Forum (thanks Refuge :flowers: ), we could do a little introduction of ourselves. This way people who have just joined get to know others and maybe you find there are peeps in your area you could meet up with for walks and chats and maybe a pint or two :biggrin:

So, I put my money were my mouth is and make a start:

My name is Cindy and I am the Chair and Fostering Co-ordinator for the oldies club. I live in Magor, South Wales with hubby Steve and the red due, Snatch and Ruby. We are always up for a laugh and no distance is too far for a good walk with friends. I am normally travelling with Toddsmum (lynne) to places with her dog Todd (OC Foster Keeper) and any OC foster dog(s) she has at the time.

I hope I meet many more peeps in the future :)

Right, over to you guys

Cindy :biggrin:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Sarah and I am the Fundraising Manager for Lizzies Barn Animal Sanctuary. I live in Bristol and home educate my 2 children, Jacob and Sophie. We have 2 cats - Kevin (10) and Summer (3 1/2) - and 3 dogs - Bailey the loopy lurcher (3 1/2); Bear the big, fat collie (OLDIES BOY!! - 11) and Flora the american bulldog (7 months). I am frequently present on the Brean Walks - which have become scarily bi-monthly :ohmy: I will make an effort to make it to more walks this year :biggrin:

I am an ex-fosterer for several rescues and have now let the Oldies Club down by taking on Flora as a permanent as she has now filled all doggy shaped holes in my house. I am sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :flowers:

Sarah xx

Hi I am Alex. i am an oldies foster. I live with my partner Viv and my Sons Nic (11) and Chris(9). We have 2 cats and have Rex as our foster dog. We are in Daventry, Northamtonshire. We go on long walks all the time what ever the weather so if you are near and fancy meeting up for a walk let me know. :biggrin:

Hi, Im Jackie, I live in Ipswich with my 10 year old daughter, Serena, 7 year old cat Cleo, and !0 year old springer, Tilly. (and there seems no-one else in my area to go walkies with!! :mecry: ) Would love to foster oldies. (hint hint Cindy!! :flowers: )

Hi, my name is Lynne and I am an OC foster mum and I live in Newport South Wales about 10 mins drive from Cindy. My 2 children are all grown up and have fled the nest. I live with hubby, Todd the black lab (OC failed fosterer/keeper dog)who I have had for a whole year this month :wacko: :wub: and my little mongrel Lulu who I have had for nearly 16 years this yea :wub: r,and any oldies club foster dog who may be here(Chelsea at the moment) :wub: .

We are always up for a good walk and usually travel with Cindy Snatch and Ruby who are Todds bestest friends :wub: . It would be nice for more doggies to meet up with us from this area on some of our walks(normally Ogmore by sea)

Will be looking forward to another Brean walk and meeting up again Sarah with all your lovely dogletts, am sure Cindy is aswell. We all love Wendy's walks too, Todd can't wait for the next one :rolleyes: .

Lynne

hi, I'm Jayne and live in newton abbot in Devon I'm a volunteer for several rescues i have a 17yr old collie x lab called Phillipa but we call her pip ( or get out from under my feet) :biggrin: i also have 2 GSDs aged 1 & 2, 2 cats, 3 chinchillas, 2 degus & 1 rat. pip doesnt do long walks these days as her back legs are giving her a bit of bother with arthiritis.

toddsmum, i'm a member of the failed foster club too

Edited by phoenix

Hi I'm Alison

I'm waiting the arrival of my first foster :).

Me and my Sef share a house with my brother and his 2 dogs. His Rena loves my Sef to pieces and follows him everywhere.

09-0343526947T.jpg

Lucy is the JR, Rena is the middle one and Sef is the big daft lump on the end. This picture doesn't really show how daft they actually are.

I also have 2 cats that hate each other Tiggy and Dave.

Ali

Hello all

I'm Victoria and I live in south-east Cornwall with the pointy dogs Mollydog and Az, a small tribe of cats and a couple of bunnies. Oh, and Mark, :rolleyes: who (apart from the cats) is the main reason I can't foster!

I help look after the Oldies Club website.

Edited by cycas

Hi, Im Debs and an oldies fosterer

I live in Cheltenham with my Hubby & our 5 kids (16/15/13/11/10)

plus our 3 dogs Bunty the gsd x who is 6ish, Cassie the manic not sure kelpie?/collie x? who is nearly 5 and Gizzy the yorkie who will be 3 in June

We also have minstrel the wussy cat who is about 11 now, plus 4 ferrets (two albino girlies and 2 poley boys who live in a house bigger than my bedroom! plus there is the fish, pond full of koi,orf,goldfish and the 5ft tropical tank indoors with allsorts in.

We have Holly corgi x jrt on foster with us atm, she is a sweetie and hopefully wont be waiting long for her forever home :wub:

I'm Sarah, and I live in Suffolk with my hubby Shane, and 3 daughters Megan, Hannah and Layla.

Furry residents here are 5 cats, 4 dogs, 5 guineas, 2 canaries, a tortoise... at the moment!

At present I am fostering 2 chinchillas and a rabbit for the local RSPCA Centre, for whom I also homecheck and foster for... the chinnies are 22 and 17.. so I think they are broken and will be staying :wink:

I initally knew the Oldies from DP, when Kelly knitted my Wilma and Betty a woolypully each :wub: :laugh: .. I then fostered AuntySal.. and from there Bonnie the Dobe, and Jake the Yorkie found thier way here and to their forever homes :biggrin:

Bessy, a lovely old collie also came here to my friend for fostering - and ended her days in the loving care there - through Oldies and Hope.

I am now fundraising coordinator for Hope, and always here to support the Oldies as and when needed :)

With Sally now very much in her twilight years, and Laddie a very opinnionated collie pup in training, my fostering for dogs is on hold, unfortunatly. I will return though :wink:

I'm selina and I'm a springaholic, oops sorry wrong forum :laugh: :laugh:

I've always had a soft spot for the oldies and am glad to help whenever I can, sadly I have to be a fussy fosterer because I'm allergic to most dog hairs which is why I mostly stick to springers and I know I'm safe.

I'm also a co-ordinator for English Springer Spaniel Welfare which has been keeping me really busy.

Always happy to lend a hand with homechecks, transports etc when needed.

My current dogs are Rufus the mad crazy nutty Welsh Springer and Titchy (yes I failed as a fosterer with this one) the English Springer and I currently have one fosterer in, Flo, brought over from Ireland, saved on the day she was due to be PTS and WILL be rehomed.

ooooo piccy time

Bigbury2-1.jpg

nearly forgot I've got three cats as well, more commonly known as the boys

Hi I'm Christine

My involvement with OC and other rescues can be blamed on Michelle (Jacobean) who e-mailed me 10 minutes after I first posted as a rookie volunteer transporter.

Since then OH and I have transported for quite a few rescues, I now HC for RSPCA and others; I was temporary RSPCA HC co-ordinator for Northamptonshire from October - last week as the co-ordinator's elderly mother was ill. Over Christmas - New Year holiday I dealt with Northants RSPCA claims for financial help with vets treatment.

We share our home with 2 nine year old cats, Sam & Baggins, three elderly hens - Rookie, Mushroom and Buffey ( who have free run of the garden, not actually in the house). Our dog Honey a sheltie/whippety thingybob is not yet old enough to qualify as an oldie, but OH and I probably are.

I'm Jo. I live in Derbyshire with my OH, Paul, and our dogs: Roxy (11), Gemma (5ish), Murphy (4ish) and our recent oldie addition, Tricks (10).

I'm one of the Oldies Club web team. I write dogs' entries for the website. I also pester rescues to try to find out which of the oldies have found new homes - so that we can keep the website as up to date as possible.

Paul and I also help with transport runs when we can, but I'm working away from home at the moment so can't help as much with this as I used to, unfortunately. We have previously fostered an oldie, but now that we have Tricks I think that our fostering career is on hold for a while.

:)

I'm Fiona, and I'm the Oldies Club Admin Co-ordinator & Vice Chair. I live in North Wiltshire with husband David and two daughters (11 and 14 yrs).

My dogs are:

• Molly, 13 year old ex-racing greyhound
  • Taz, 7 year old saluki lurcher
  • Meg, 5(?) year old tiny scruffy whippet/ border terrier x
  • Musky, 13 year old big hairy lump (Oldies Club failed foster :rolleyes: )
  • Sophie, 7 year old whippet/collie - my newest baby with us only a few weeks

We also have a very elderly guinea pig (he's nearly 9 :ohmy: ) and two tanks of Giant African Land Snails.

Edited by Fee