UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club - Adopted Dogs Photo Parade

tegk68

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We only just managed to resist adopting our Oldies Club foster dog, Happy Casper:

DSC01608.jpg

He was such a character and the next photo always makes me smile. We were doing gazebo-practice for an OC stall and Casper seemed to know he would be the star attraction on the stall - and he was! Note the ball stuck in his mouth - once he had hold of it, he wouldn't give it up!:

CasperGazeboPractice.jpg

I've recently heard from his new mum that he's settled in well now and has made a wonderful family dog. They can't believe someone could give him up at the age of 10. He's also attending training classes where he is showing "star qualities". I'm so proud! :wub:

I can't seem to get the picture on of 'Sam', but he came from Oldies Club via Wiccaweys in their 'Other Breeds Section'. :biggrin: I renamed him 'Basil'.

He was a lovely dog although blind/deaf he enjoyed his nice quiet life with us, until we sadly lost him to Kidney failure.

Spaniella :wub:

This is Todd the Lab who I adopted from the oldies club almost a year ago now after failing as his foster mum. Its hard to think he has been here for almost a year, silly old fool that he is, but cannot imagine being without him now.

He is absolutly brilliant with all the foster dogs that we have had here for the Oldies and am sure he helps them settle in and seems to be their rock for the time they spend here.

ogmoretoday080.jpg

f1bdb15f.jpg

Todd,Snatch and the gorgeous Bruno Shortlegs

s06.jpg

The link below is to my pictures. You can click on the oldies dog section to see my oldies foster dogs that I have fostered over the last year, all have been very special to me in their own funny ways, some sad and some with such happy endings that it makes it all worth while and would say to anyone thinking of fostering to go ahead and give it a go.

A big thankyou to the Oldies club for letting me foster for you and letting me adopt the lovely Todd.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lynnes_pics/

Lynne

Gypsy the GSD (not an oldie but lucky enough to be the friend of one!!!! :biggrin: ) and 'Rats' the Terrier, were 2 of the first dogs saved by the Oldies Club. We were told they were inseperable and luckily for Gypsy it meant she too was saved from being PTS because Rats was a old boy!!! They were transported from Ireland where I collected them from the ferry and had them to stay for a few days. Gypsy won the heart of the people I shared the farm with (plus turned out to not give a jot for Rats!! :laugh: :laugh: ) and never made it as far as the Oldies Club but lucky old Rats went on a long journey to Norfolk where he was adopted and renamed Alfie (I think!!!! :unsure: ).

Gypsy now lives with Mutley (shown in the second picture), 3 sheep , 2 horses and acres of land to play on!!! :wub:

I had this update on Rats (now Alfie) recently :wub:

Formally known as Rats, Alfie was re-named by his foster mother and it suited him so much we kept it. Like so many dogs from rescues Alfie orignially had a fear of men but has forgotten that now and makes friends with everybody. He doesn’t like to be ignored but when a workman or visitor has said hello he is content to sit and watch. He still likes his long walks, but isn’t so keen on the cold weather. Sometimes he prefers to have a lie in or when he gets tired, takes himself off to bed for a nap.

I've attached a couple of photos with my son and daughter. This was just before Christmas when they visited and Alfie showed off his new headgear!

And yes, he really does look like he's smiling.

Alfiesantlers.jpg

Those foster pics are lovely :wub: Didn't realise you had the very lovely Chelsea staying with you, I don't know what it is about her but I keep on going back to the OC website to look at her.

Oldies always look to me as if they are smiling at all they have. There are some very beautiful grey faces on this thread :wub:

Wow, such lovely photos ..... aren't we lucky to have such companions? :)

Oldies seem always to smile when with their new mums and dads, I think it reflects they pleasure and joy they feel for not being abandoned, such a smile is priceless.

Once I find out how to insert pictures I will bore you all with photos from the MuttHutt lol! :rolleyes:

Once I find out how to insert pictures I will bore you all with photos from the MuttHutt lol! :rolleyes:

John, you've got a photobucket account haven't you? If you just copy the IMG code under the photo, and paste it straight into the box you're typing your reply into on here, it will appear :biggrin: We ask for photos not to be any bigger than 640 x 480 on here :flowers: