UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club - Adopted Dogs Photo Parade

tegk68

Alfiesantlers.jpg

[/i]

Oh thank you so much!!! :wub: :wub: How fantastic to see him adored and worshipped (cos he really really does think that was what people are put on the earth to do!!). He's a huge character and even though I only had him a few days he made his mark (quiet literally on my sofa actually!!!! :laugh: )

Edited to add...he's looking abit porkier there too!!!! :wink:

Edited by JACKYSIAN

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Betty the smiliest, waggiest, most enthusiastic Oldies Club dog ever!

524a2a8a79eec75279b89b2b0afc2d94.jpg

She was 14 when we adopted her but was a right little livewire who threw herself wholeheartedly into every new adventure. We may have only had the little whirlwind for 10 short months before she died of cancer last May but her memory will live on forever :wub: We still miss her so much.

69da1056f52e765f741f50b88937abb3.jpg

0e7da6259916a64909620efc800d9be1.jpg

Cant figure out how to get a picture pasted in here but here is the link to the gallery & Joyce

http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?act=...=si&img=651

She arrived in rescue in terrible condition - see her story on oldies club website rehoming stories

http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=1195 or German Shepherd Rescue

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/germ...ptic-mange.html

but is now regaining her strength & gradually regrowing her coat.

I'm loving this thread, so many of my favourite doggies here!

Cant figure out how to get a picture pasted in here but here is the link to the gallery & Joyce

http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?act=...=si&img=651

She arrived in rescue in terrible condition - see her story on oldies club website rehoming stories

Welcome to The Refuge Ian - I've really enjoyed all your updates on Joyce :wavey: She's a very lucky girl to have found her way to you :flowers:

I hope you don't mind if I put these up so everyone can see how well she's doing now:

Joyce when she first arrived in rescue:

rosedene1joyce.jpg

Joyce now in her new home:

JoyceChair.JPG

I'm loving this thread, so many of my favourite doggies here!

Welcome to The Refuge Ian - I've really enjoyed all your updates on Joyce :wavey: She's a very lucky girl to have found her way to you :flowers:

I hope you don't mind if I put these up so everyone can see how well she's doing now:

Joyce when she first arrived in rescue:

rosedene1joyce.jpg

Joyce now in her new home:

JoyceChair.JPG

Thanks for this - I had the same idea in mind but couldnt seem to either cut & paste a photo in here or get one using the insert button which just wanted a url rather than downloading from my pc.

So many lovely oldies :wub: :wub:

Here are my offerings. First off, our little Tango who joined us in October 2005 and sadly left us for the bridge June 2006. She was a oldie club dog that never came up for rehoming as soon as I met her :rolleyes: :laugh: This picture was taken a couple of weeks before she left us

tango.jpg

Next up, Ruby who was suppose to be added at one point or another to the OC website but yet again, I heard, I met, I fell in love :laugh: :laugh: Toddsmum and I went to meet her and brought her home.

On her first sponsored walk a couple of months after she joined our family. Looking pretty :wub:

rubyatnsbtrwalks.jpg

Last but not least, my soul dog Snatch who we rescued on his last day from the pound aged 7-8 yrs old

snatchhurtle.jpg

And another one of Snatch with Todd (my fav picture)

13DSCF0038.jpg

and the 3 Amigo's - Snatch, Ruby and Todd :wub: Best friends

nsbtr1.jpg

Oldies Rule

Cindy :biggrin:

The Oldies Club rescues and rehome Oldies Club dogs via a network of foster homes, and we also work with other rescues to publicise the plight of their older dogs (and cats, though we don't get that many cats).

If you have a look at our main website: http://www.oldies.org.uk/ you can find out more about us there and see all the oldies we have listed at rescues around the UK, plus all the rehomed oldies too.

So, some of the dogs in this thread are oldies that were listed on the website for other rescues, some of them are dogs that actually came into Oldies Club care, and the odd one or two like Cindy's Ruby and my Az were dogs that the OC was going to promote but someone :whistle: stole the dogs away before they actually made it onto our website... :laugh:

(Cindy is the foster coordinator, and I help out with the website, so we got a sneaky advance on everyone else!)

Edited by cycas

Is the Oldies club for people who have got old dogs or is it a rescue thing as well ?

Lovely dogs all of them :wub:

Oldies Club is a rescue (www.oldies.org.uk) ...but feel free to show off your oldie if you have one! :biggrin:

Wonderful to see Tango again Cindy. :wub: :wub: That first picture of Ruby always reminds me of Cooper..it's the little grey chops that do it!!! :wub: