UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Must Read This!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our sofa is not of Swedish type, in fact it is probably older than IKEA. It tends to throw its cushions on to the floor (often with pulis still asleep on them), and has treacherous casters which suddenly spring into action causing in to slide away when you are going to sit on it. As a result of this it has to be securely anchored at all times and visitors have to be warned about it. Given the chance, it devours books and anything else which it can suck into its frame.

However, I don't worry too much as it isn't remotely like an IKEA sofa. If Sofa Inspector Melp turns up, she won't be concerned about it. (Better make sure she doesn't see the kitchen unit though - before you know it, they will be banning all IKEA products.)

Im sorry but im totally against all this sudden assumption that just because your sofas are IKEA type then they must be dangerous so im going to start up a new website.... A.S.S (Against Sofa Specifics) and fight for the sofa's right for independant assessments as to whether they are dangerous.

Terri, yours for one looks dangerous but you could argue the sofa was only playing and has never actually hurt the dog, or you could just bow down to public pressure and have the sofa removed and destroyed humanely

I don't have an Ikea sofa - it's a soft fabric type tho so I want rid of it now before it attacks the dogs.

I'm trying to find a sofa rescue to take it in but they are all saying they are full. I might just take it to one and tie it to their gate. Oh, on second thoughts maybe I should hang on to see if they will have a sofa amnesty in my area and I can just hand it over then :unsure: It's 11 years old this year and getting a bit past it so I would be killing two birds with one stone really :biggrin:

Marion

does anyone know where to find the ears on a sofa we took our to be chipped ...no problem sofa chipped we got insurance again no problem but we cant find its ears to tatoo its number in we have looked it has legs it has arms a back and dare i say a bottom but no ears can anyone help as we need to get it registered also fitting a muzzle and nuetering a proving problematic.

No 2(steve)

Steve you need to take your sofa to a sofa neutering hospital, they will eradicate its innards and return it to you. Though afterwards you must beware of where you sit, and visitors must be ushered to other forms of seating for fear of disappearing into its bowels. :unsure:

Just like mine...........

nutters.jpg

I can safely post pictures of my sofa, i got it off ebay, it was cheap (£50) and came with papers (reciept), its a year old, and has just recently been neutered, its made out of plastic not fabric, and definately not dangerous leather like Allies :wink: it's not made in Sweden either, looking at the quality of it, i'd say it was made in taiwan :rolleyes:

But Helen it could be a x breed of swedish one as it has legs, a back, seats and looks to the inexperienced to be of the leather type sold by the swedish company :D

This link was brilliant!! Had me in stitches! Is it going to be added to the BSL site? It makes interesting reading and probably explains things in an easily readable fashion to the non-experienced dog person. :flowers:

Helen although you say your sofa is not of the swedish type it is clearly a dangerous sofa! It's eating dogs for goodness sake. Under the DSA [dangerous sofas act] you could be prosecuted under section 3 for having a sofa dangerous out of control in a private place.

I would suggest you contact the makers of Sofa Borstal at once. That sofa needs proper training :(

I think you need to be very careful Allie. Sofas are telepathic. Yours could well be sending out messages to other sofa in the area.

Let me in and I'll give you my expert opinion but from looking at the pictures I must say it certainly does appear to be an IKEA/DFS type and is therefore likely to attack at any moment.

Statement from Mic Martin-

I worked with many Sofas in America. 8 out of 10 of those were from f****** Ikea , and changed the way I sit on Sofas here in UK. Ive had more trouble from f****** Laura Ashely Sofas than I ever have from Ikea "types"

The f****** p***** that give Sofas a bad name are those that think its funny to strut around boasting how 'ard their Sofas are. "Yer, my Sofas 'arder than yours . Your Sofa makes a Chaise Lounge look tuff innit."

F******* pathetic. The worst Sofa I ever had to deal with was one of them little Cottage suites, the elderly owner called me and said if I couldnt help her, the Suite was on its way to a one-way trip to the dump. The p******** owner was to blame, stupid cow, dressing it up in all those fancy chairbacks with flowers on and lace around the trim for f**** sake. I made her do 30 press-ups right there and then! Course, she had a heart attack and kicked the bucket, so the Sofa had to go into storage till we could find it a new owner, which we did, and you wouldnt recognise it now, non of that f******* frilly bollox, with the right owner any Sofa can be changed like this. Now f*** off.

Statement from Mic Martin-

I worked with many Sofas in America. 8 out of 10 of those were from f****** Ikea , and changed the way I sit on Sofas here in UK. Ive had more trouble from f****** Laura Ashely Sofas than I ever have from Ikea "types"

The f****** p***** that give Sofas a bad name are those that think its funny to strut around boasting how 'ard their Sofas are. "Yer, my Sofas 'arder than yours . Your Sofa makes a Chaise Lounge look tuff innit."

F******* pathetic. The worst Sofa I ever had to deal with was one of them little Cottage suites, the elderly owner called me and said if I couldnt help her, the Suite was on its way to a one-way trip to the dump. The p******** owner was to blame, stupid cow, dressing it up in all those fancy chairbacks with flowers on and lace around the trim for f**** sake. I made her do 30 press-ups right there and then! Course, she had a heart attack and kicked the bucket, so the Sofa had to go into storage till we could find it a new owner, which we did, and you wouldnt recognise it now, non of that f******* frilly bollox, with the right owner any Sofa can be changed like this. Now f*** off.

Hahahahahaha !!!, dead funny that mate :biggrin:

I had a pair of those fabric Swedish "Types". Used to hire them out for Hip Hop videos, they used to look mean standing there staring down the lense of the camera!

But it all went horribly wrong after they were fitted with hydraulic suspension for a Snoop Dog video! They got so enthusiastic with their bouncing that they threw two sofas full of blinged out gangstas so high into the air that they got all their chains caught in the lighting rig!

Very embarrassing if you're hard arsed gangsta rappers!

They've been in hiding ever since!