UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

OMG twins. I cant wait for piccies.

Owner of horse is happy to take it slowly so I am not officially sharing yet. She is going to ring me as she has a week off next week and we can hopefully get together again. She is housekeeper to someone famous who was involved with the Diana Concert last weekend so she was able to meet up last weekend as they were all in London. Thats how I get to have weekends as my share as she has to work most weekends. She is busy this week with work.

Sorry no help with studs. Arent they little ear rings :wacko:

I'd forgotten you'd not met Kane yet Katherine!! He's a boring brown cob to most people....until he shows his fiery side!!! :laugh: You'll have to have a go on him on the beach, I think he's the most comfortable horse in the world !! (Unlike Danny...but don't tell Jayne she'll never notice!!! :wink: )

Just seen this in my major catch up!! Take it I'm going to have a sore bum then!! Just hope it doesn't rain cos being wet with a sore bum would not be nice, when you are camping in a tent!!

Just seen this in my major catch up!! Take it I'm going to have a sore bum then!! Just hope it doesn't rain cos being wet with a sore bum would not be nice, when you are camping in a tent!!

We'll depends...if you use my old saddle you should be okay, his saddle is abit hard thats all! Plus he is lazy going out so you have to force him, then he jogs coming back!!! Other than that he's lovely!! Ohhh yes and he sometimes bucks when you have a little canter on the beach!!! :laugh: (Only little bunny hops of excitement..and only if he's behind, but he's faster than Kane so if you can make him lead then you'll be fine!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: Still looking forward to this are you!!!?)

Looks like Kane should be back in work by then cos I was beginning to get worried that I wouldn't be able to join you riding!!!

I didn't know horses could have twins. Do they tend to be very tiny?

I have seen them more or less same size, or bigger and smaller. We have small and smaller. The biggest is small for a foal, but the little one, oh my God, he is just so tiny. I have never seen a horse so little before, his legs are thinner than broom sticks and you can pick him up easier than any of my dogs, he must be around 15-20 kilos!

I got lots of tiny baby horse kisses today! :wub:

The mum is absolutely fantastic! She accepts both foals equally and tolerates people in her stable all the time, never an ear turned back to any of us. She is ever so careful when she walks around, and knows that there are 2 babies to look out for. I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful she is through all this, what a mare.

teeny-tinybrother05.jpg

I think I worked out photobucket, fingers crossed :)

Although you can't see how tiny he is here, you can see he doesn't look very filled out. When he stands between his mums front legs, his back is between her knee and chest between her legs in height. His pasterns (Is that the right word?) on both front and back legs are very soft.

teeny-tinybrother05.jpg

This is his brother, who was born first. He is a bit small, but much more developed, although very soft in his hind pasterns which is normal.

teeny-tinybrother05-1.jpg

Comparing size

teeny-tinybrother05-2.jpg

walking UNDER his brothers belly! :ohmy: (sorry for poor quality, mum not keen on flash)

teeny-tinybrother05-3.jpg

better look at bigger brother

teeny-tinybrother05-9.jpg

Comparing size again

teeny-tinybrother05-5.jpg

Is he not just the cutest little man? I love him already :wub: :wub: He is soft as velvet and gives great kisses

teeny-tinybrother05-4.jpg

for now they both suckle from their mum and she seems to produce good milk, but as they grow they might need extra if they both live.

Mum is fed up to 5 times a day, and gets grass cut specially for her, which she was munching on all morning to make good rich milk.