UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

My you lot have been busy!!!! :biggrin:

Jen!!!!! So sorry, hope you are okay? I'm glad you've worked out what happened, it does happen to the best of us! I've come off Kane when standing still chatting to someone cos he spooked sideways and I wasn't sat properly!! It's just one of those things. :GroupHug: New saddles are a nightmare to get used to as well!

Foals!! OMG How cute! Is the little one going to be okay Anne? I mean will he have problems in the future or develop properly? He looks to sweet I hope he will be. :wub:

Well done Angel and family! How lovely you can share your passion with the kids.

Bobbysmum!! Welcome to the world of cobs!! The old tale that says cobs were safe and boring is a complete rubbish!!! :laugh: You'll be fine once you gain your confidence and trust with him there will be no stopping you! Cobs are known to take the pis* at any chance, and see how far they can push!! He sounds a cheeky boy and happy in his work.

Hope I didn't miss anyone? Oh yes...thanks Anne but not for me...I'm happy with my boy :biggrin: (also next door to farm's mare has just had her foal on saturday...OMG!! Cute as a cute thing! She's said as it's a boy she'll not be keeping him...and would sell to someone she knows very cheaply (funny she kept looking at me when she said that!!! :mellow: We'll see what he turns out like, cos mum isn't the calmest around!!) :wink:

Had a lovely weekend with my boy! Took him out saturday for a short hack, after over 3 weeks off work he was very spooky but nothing too dramatic! And once he got a sniff of the sea he was raring to go!! Luckily the tide was in so he had no sand to run on so I wasn't tempted to canter!

Yesterday just did some schooling in the field for 20 mins. He was brill!! I did something very silly and put his tack on the ground in the field I school in, and usually it's on the gate. So of course doing our Kelly Marks leading...loose rope etc and he did a massive spook which I managed to hold on to, and calmed him...only to turn round and trip over my own feet and let go of the rope!! Of course that spooked him again and he shot off!! BUT and this is a major turn around...he cantered off, then stopped and turned back towards me...and waited for me to catch him! Now 3 weeks ago if he'd of got away from me he'd would have been off and running, it would of taken me hours to catch him again!! I was so proud...and rather glad that no one else was around to see me being a clumpsy fool again!!!

He was abit fresh then when I tried to get on him, and again I was stupid and had forgotten my boots so had to ride in my muckboots which are too wide and not the best! I don't help myself!!

Edited by JACKYSIAN

Wow littlest foal. He is a plucky little thing. Hope everything comes together and he straightens out.

(am having a restless anxious day today. Mum has her mastectomy today. She is last on the all day list so poor thing has to wait and watch everyone else going down. She is last cos she has this open wound in her breast that they have been packing for last 4 weeks since the lumpectomy went wrong)

Edited by bobbysmum

I am here :biggrin: Just trying to catch up on everyones adventures before I post, and you have all been far too busy, especially you Ms Bradders :laugh:

Hope Rolo is feeling ok after his little trauma yesterday, and you aren't too sore to enjoy your week off :flowers:

Good boy Kane! That moment must have been priceless Jacky when he waited for you instead of buggering off, glad to hear he is back in work and feeling none the worst. He didn't choose a bad week to have off with all the rain, he really is very clever :laugh:

Beautiful foalies, the little fella is so cute and his big brother incredibly handsome, and mum is so calm around them :wub:

Older foal looks a real pickle :wub:

Well done Angel sounds like a lot of fun, and very satisifying being placed above your son. Do we have photos?

My dressage yesterday went well, actually the test felt awful but we managed 56%, which was where we started with the walk and trot, and the winner only had 62%, we missed qualifying for the championship by a place I think, I really wasn't expecting that so was very :biggrin: The judge really liked him and said that he has lovely big paces and now we need to bring him together, and work on suppleness and submission.

OH videoed it and spent all of yesterday trying to get it small enough to download :rolleyes: I think we have managed it, a few odd fades and he got a bit carried away with text but heyhoo :laugh:

It is the first time I have seen myself videoed and a very useful thing I found it, my leg position is shocking!!!!

So here you go, be gentle :wink:

I have some lovely photos too, but Muchos is not playing nice at the moment.

Clare, when can I come visit and try your horse??? I love him!!

Anytime you like, you can show me how it should be done :biggrin:

Yay Muchos is playing nicely now.

As you can see he was very focused the morning of the event :laugh: My plaits looking ever so slightly better than last time :rolleyes:

DSCN1065.JPG

and just as wild in the practise field. It was the first time I had cantered in the practise area, although I did go to the far end in all the long grass where no one else was, and it looked more of a cross country warm up than dressage but we did it :laugh:

DSCN1069.JPG

and just some of him looking ridicoulsly handsome :wub:

Dscn1073_Fixed.JPG

Dscn1071_Fixed.JPG

Jumping has been cancelled next weekend so I am venturing out in the trailer to dressage next Sunday:crying_anim02:

Kimbas_mum, would be great to see a video of you and Apple doing the dressage next weekend :biggrin:

Wow Clare, not bad at all. :flowers: You are a bit chair seated and tend to bury your hands, if you sort that out and ride inside leg to outside hand you'll be able to improve his balance and acceptance of the bit. There were some really nice parts though, his trot is good and he was forward throughout the test (if at times a bit too forward), :biggrin: there is a lot more to come from your boy, you must be so proud of him!

His focused pic is so reminiscent of Wanda, she grabs 40 winks whenever possible. :laugh: At the moment I'm being reschooled in my jumping technique as I'm an old fashioned hook, point and shoot rider. I wind Wanda up something awful so we are back to canter poles, and small jumps, it's so hard not to grab and ride for the stride. :wacko:

Can't comment cos stupid work computer won't let me see it....and I know NOTHING about dressage so it would all look impressive to me!! :biggrin: But his pink nose!! Oh I just want to kiss it to bits!! :wub: :wub: Was going to ask if you'd struggled with sun-burn...but quiet obviously this year we've had no sun so you haven't!! :angry: :angry:

Well done Pendlewitch, it's frustrating having to take steps backwards but it's for both your benefits! Don't you just love it when your instructor makes sure you know that everything is entirely your fault and the horse would be perfect if it wasn't for you!!! :laugh: :laugh: (or is that just me!!! :wink: ).

Wow! Clare! Mr Loki can certainly work properly when he wants to, half way through the video his jaw relaxes and he goes into self carriage beautifully, working from behind and rounding and softening through his back. However, he does seem a tad distractable and is trying to see everything that is going on, as well as working for you, what a genuine boy!

Your position - well your arms are a bit straight and as such are causing tension through your shoulders and causing a bit of hand wobble, your lower legs are a bit unstable, but I don't know if that is partly becuase you having to keep Loki going. Your legs are forward of the vertical as Pendlewitch said, but that may be the fault of your saddle not you!

Loki has nice cadence for such a young novice and big horse. Hard to believe this is the same gawky awkward lanky unloved soul you bought a year ago, really proud of you both. :flowers: