UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

I can't see them either :unsure:

Well done Wanda - what a clever girl!!

Isis looks gorgeous - so do her parents, and I am glad that Kane seesm to be on the mend - love your book excerpts Jacky :biggrin:

With you about the weather Clare - am getting mightily sick of it now - lunged Rolo in a howling gale and torrential rain on Sunday morning - as soon as I turned him out, the sun came out!

Was going to ride last night - absolutely chucked it down, so abandoned that idea. Went up with the intention of riding tonight - torrential rain, thunder, lightning, so turned him out. Within 15 mins it was glorious sunshine!! :rolleyes:

Am getting seriously worried about the hay situation next winter - no one has been able to cut any this year around this way - our first cut is normally in the barn by mid to late June - it is all still in the field, getting old and stalky. Think it is going to be an expensive winter

Please can we have some sun soon :)

(Oh and guess where I am flying to on Friday 13th?

Glasgow!)

Well started my lesson, just warmed up, my RI asked if she could have a sit on him to see if she could help me with his canter, she got on just started working him and we had thunder, hail, torential rain and we had to give up and go in :angry:

An hour later sunshine, I am not normally too bothered about weather but I have dressage on Sunday and our canter is no where near good enough, I really needed the whole of this week to practise and so far Monday and Tuesday rained off, and the forecast today is lovely now :rolleyes: heavy showers moving in again this afternoon :angry:

Not helped by RI saying Prelim 10 is horrible and she avoids it especially with young horses as it asks a lot of unfair questions and for Loki it is probably the hardest prelim I could do :mellow:

The only good thing is due to the wet ground all tests are now in the school, so at least I will have a fence to bounce off :laugh:

:GroupHug: Take care travelling Jen.

Oh poop about the lesson Clare!! I can't tell you how depressed I am at the moment, seriously thinking about moving!

Kane seems better again, quiet a small lump now! I've borrowed some back boots so think I might try and light hack on saturday (of course if it doesn't pis* down!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: )

And todays quote from The Observers Book of Horses & Ponies (circa 1942)

What it says about Cobs

'...cobs are intended primarily for use as hacks, usually heavy-weight hacks for the more elderly rider, and for whatever the purpose, the riding cob must compare favourably,so far as manners are concerned, with that paragon of equine comportment. It is indeed the ideal ride for the elderly and portly, and is called upon to respect in manners and deportment the not-so-very-young' :ohmy: :ohmy:

Edited by JACKYSIAN

What it says about Cobs

'...cobs are intended primarily for use as hacks, usually heavy-weight hacks for the more elderly rider, and for whatever the purpose, the riding cob must compare favourably,so far as manners are concerned, with that paragon of equine comportment. It is indeed the ideal ride for the elderly and portly, and is called upon to respect in manners and deportment the not-so-very-young' :ohmy: :ohmy:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Glad Kane's lump is better :flowers:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I knew I was getting on!!!

Sorry your lesson was a washout Clare - good luck on Sunday - my first ever (and sort of my last!) dressage test on Nemo was prelim 10. I had never cantered him until a week before!! We were not great, but we were not last!! :rolleyes: