UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Aw Blue, he must be so happy to be out at last.

Good on you Clare for taking the trouble to help the dog!

Wanda was supposed to go to dressage last night but pulled a sicknote, her hoof abcess flared up again, fortunately the farrier was to hand and whipped her shoe off. He found a nice track leading to gunk so a couple of days poulticing and she should be fine. I don't think she was too worried about not going as it was peeing down, we had a lake in the field again and once again Lilli was prancing about in it!

Hope Wanda is feeling better soon :flowers:

Blue has been playing in the field again today, my YO turns him out and I bring him in, today he was in the field on his own when I got there, and he was happily munching away and not bothered at all by the fact he was on his own. As soon as I got out of the car, he came mooching over to the fence and say hello, then went back to eating grass again. I did all his jobs, then went to get him in, he came straight to call and happily came in. I love my pony :wub:

fcb01017.jpg

(null)

• Like 1

Aww Blue :wub: Lovely picture, glad he's behaving himself!

Well we finally made it to a riding club clinic :cheer: Hooray! We had a great time :) We did the poles and pre-jumping class, we did loads of really useful balance exercises, some speed control (haha) and spook busting. My boyfriend drove my friends lorry for me and he took loads of video so will get him to cut it all down and do a montage later so you can all see how we got on.

I was extremely pleased with Milo, he wasn't sharp or strong at all and didn't react to the other horses, despite being on his own for a few weeks now. Bearing in mind the last time he had a trip out to a show was last September I was expecting him to be an excitable heap of energy but he was very chilled :) what a good boy! AND I took him in his snaffle :cool03:

Good boy Milo :wub: Love the video - especially the bit with the spook busting tarpaulin! Well ridden :biggrin:

YO brought Blue in for me tonight as the flies were buzzing around his sarcoid on his chest. Am going on a yard trip to Robinsons tomorrow, so will try and get some better fly spray than I have currently.

Yay glad you got out and had some some CP, I recognise that school :biggrin: Whats the plan next? How did the ODE go, did you enjoy fence judging? I'm looking forward to seeing their new course at some point.

Aww Blue looks very handsome and content :wub:

Flys are awful at the moment aren't they, driving our lot mad no matter what fly spray they have on.

Had a good jumping lesson yesterday, possibly didn't get shouted at quite as much :laugh: Its all so easy in theory but when I'm approaching a fence I seem to get brain freeze and do all the things I not supposed to, then get the other side of the fence and wonder whats happened lol. Heyho plenty of homework to do, though we are not allowed to jump in the school now so its a bit tricky :rolleyes_anim:

It was great fun, so lovely to have a lesson again!

Well the vet isn't due to see milo re his hocks until the middle of next month so I will have to wait until I get back from holiday towards the end of august to get the thumbs up/down regarding doing any more with him. Fingers crossed I will be able to do small abouts of small jumps, just enough to keep his brain ticking over would be wonderful.

The ODE course was wonderful, the jumps were amazing. Unfortunately none of the horses liked my fence and I had lots of refusals and a few people come off! But yes really enjoyed it.

I remember having a jumping lesson on leading legs and working really hard to make sure we landed on the right one, the next time I went jumping and got to the end of the round I thought what a waste of time - I was concentrating so hard on even just remembering where I was going all technique went out of the window :laugh: you're not allowed to jump in the school anymore?!?! Another bright idea from YO?

Another bright idea from YO?

:ph34r:

What jump did you have? Sounds like lots of differents types of fences, must try and get over there for some schooling soon, would have gone with the riding club this weekend but have a lesson with Tracey, xc is last on the list of things that need work on, which will probably come back and bite me, why did I choose eventing as my sport :laughingsmiley:

I have managed to spend most of the weekend watching the Eventing Dressage Joe my other half has left me in peace with the telly its been such a treat!!! in work today though so cant watch the x Country which is rubbish

BBC coverage of horses stuff is poop! Not everyone has Sky and it's so annoying to be watching something and to be whisked away to silly stuff like beach volleyball which appears to have to be done nearly naked! It won't be long before paper folding is an Olympic sport. Grumble grumble, moan!

Wanda ducked out of her last dressage with a recurrence of her hoof abcess, now Finn has a shocker in the bulbs of his heel and his Mum Sheri has stress laminitis! What on earth is going on. My International Superstar Banner has just done her second agility competition, apart from messing up the back over a pole she was great! She is grossly fat though so has totally come off the grass, she is eating only Lucie Stalks and Ruff Stuff for a week, then I will reassess. She was only out at night on poor grazing with a muzzle but still managed to explode, take away cream cakes maybe! :)

BBC coverage of horses stuff is poop! Not everyone has Sky and it's so annoying to be watching something and to be whisked away to silly stuff like beach volleyball which appears to have to be done nearly naked! It won't be long before paper folding is an Olympic sport. Grumble grumble, moan!

Wanda ducked out of her last dressage with a recurrence of her hoof abcess, now Finn has a shocker in the bulbs of his heel and his Mum Sheri has stress laminitis! What on earth is going on. My International Superstar Banner has just done her second agility competition, apart from messing up the back over a pole she was great! She is grossly fat though so has totally come off the grass, she is eating only Lucie Stalks and Ruff Stuff for a week, then I will reassess. She was only out at night on poor grazing with a muzzle but still managed to explode, take away cream cakes maybe! :)

They can get fat on a dandilion.....

Can I ask you horsey people what that white stuff some of the horses had smeared on their legs was before setting off round the course yesterday?

Pendlewitch I'm sorry you weren't able to see an awful lot of the 3 day eventing. I've got Sky fortunately and the amount of different sports that are covered when you press the red button has amazed me.

Sandra I was looking out for you just in case you were picked up by a camera but I didn't manage to spot you! It looked a lovely day there, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

The white stuff is grease, it helps prevent splinters if the horse rubs a fence and can assist the legs to slide insted of sticking. There can also be cooling properties but they have to be so careful it doesn't contain a banned ingredient!

Here's Banner's July agility!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XGlRIKKM1YI

• Like 1