UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Hi all , not been here for ages due to knackered computer [again!!]. Phoebe is stunning :luvlove: . Will have a good read back to see how your lot have been doing as i've missed a lot. I've had usual sucess rate ..vets , vets and vets :confused: . Bumble and Annie had their teeth done , both needed sedating but Bumble just wouldn't calm down and ended up with cut mouth which got infected :confused: so vets had to treat him with antibiotics which addes £112 to my bill and last night seriously thought i was going to loose Annie after she got choke when eating hay. Never seen it before although heard the horror stories but its terrifying to see.

Hi all , not been here for ages due to knackered computer [again!!]. Phoebe is stunning :luvlove: . Will have a good read back to see how your lot have been doing as i've missed a lot. I've had usual sucess rate ..vets , vets and vets :confused: . Bumble and Annie had their teeth done , both needed sedating but Bumble just wouldn't calm down and ended up with cut mouth which got infected :confused: so vets had to treat him with antibiotics which addes £112 to my bill and last night seriously thought i was going to loose Annie after she got choke when eating hay. Never seen it before although heard the horror stories but its terrifying to see.

Oh no how awful, I hope she is ok now....everyone seems to be having massive vet bills at the moment

oh no, hope Annie is feeling better soon :GroupHug:

Can't wait to see pics of the filly (if you want me to put them on again, just email them to me :flowers: )

Glad Lillie is feeling better with the Alphabute :)

Blue is still plodding along, am hoping to have his shoes taken off on Thursday. As it is really hilly by us, I think he might slip when we are walking in hand with his shoes on - not what when we need when he is recovering from broken ness. I also can't ride him until end of August at the earliest, so it seems daft to pay for him to be shod until then. We can start our walking on Sunday - v excited!!

Got a video of him bobbing apples in his stable, will try and upload it to you tube so you can laugh at him :wub:

Hope Phoebe gets better!

Poor Annie and co :(

PW I've used alphabute before, its nice stuff isn't it.

Shame it was cancelled Clare! I think Loki has been chatting to milo on showjumping strategies :laugh:

Milo news good and bad and in-between. Bad news is that he's suddenly developed sweet itch! Last year he came up with a tiny patch i thought might be sweet itch but it never came to anything. Last week I hogged him and noticed a scabby yellow patch and then the following day caught him scratching his tail in his stable so I'm pretty sure it is. Have dug out my fly rug, will be buying every product available at the weekend :laugh:

In between news is that he has yet to go out with the mare. She seems very feisty and to be honest I've been putting it off! I think we are trying at the weekend but I think they are going to kill each other!

Good news is amongst the broken-ness he is working really nicely. Of course we are mostly hacking and basic schooling but at the.moment he feels lovely and light and bendy :)

Also, my most exciting news is that I have finally been able to book onto a riding club clinic :laugh: they are starting some 'back to basics' clinics with only 4 in a group, the first class is walking and trotting over poles so I'm going to do that :) it will be so nice to get him out, its probably the only thing I will get to do with him this year so looking forward to that.

Oh no poor Annie, hope she is ok now and Bumble's mouth is healing ok :GroupHug:

Glad Lillie is feeling better :flowers:

Hope the walking went well today Gooster :biggrin:

Really pleased to hear Milo is going well and you can finally get to enjoy the rc clinics!

Ermm I had a very odd jumping lesson yesterday, I fell off twice :blush: Once quite badly, I was very lucky and at the moment am only sitting on the sofa with ice on my knee thats five times the size it should be and a very fetching purple colour, it could have been a lot worse and I definately need a new hat. I've had him for 6 years and never come off then come off twice in one lesson!!!

First time he was a bit naughty, took against a filler that he shouldn't have as has jumped far worse things stop dead and then, well actually I'll let the pics tell the story...

Snapshot217-06-201215-14.png

Snapshot317-06-201215-17.png

Snapshot417-06-201215-18.png

Just about survived that but the bronching on landing finished me off :laughingsmiley:

Snapshot617-06-201215-21.png

The second time was just a misunderstanding of where to take off and I came shooting out of the saddle where I normally would have stayed on, by this time I was wondering what on earth was happening, sadly no footage of second departure!

I'm quite happy to accept I'm was having one of those days and I do tip forward too much and some will say (PW :D ) quite rightly it was only a matter of time, but when I joked about a good start to my new saddle the instructor said she never comments on clients tack unless they say something first but she was of the opinion that the saddle was too small for my lanky legs and as my knees are pretty much over the knee roll the saddle is offering no support and she felt it was a major contributor to what had happened, especially the second time as that was something and nothing. So I'm going to have to speak to the saddler tomorrow, its really frightened me that I can fall off so easily where I never have before and I've discovered I don't bounce as well as I used to!

Have contacted the organisers of the event I am doing in two weeks and have moved down to the 80cm class as I have been shaken up and not looking forward to riding him at all let alone jumping, have a lesson with showjumper next weekend so hopefully he can help get some confidence back next weekend, not ideal going to an international showjumper for the first time feeling like a right scared numpty :unsure:

It's always worse when you haven't done an unscheduled dismount for a long time, easy to feel fireproof I suppose. But what was he jumping, he was was way up there in the clouds! If you don't have the support from the knee roll an exit stage left is on the cards at some point!

You seem to have got it in your head that you are rubbish at showjumping and I don't understand why 'cos you're not at all. A few technique probs creep in but to be honest who doesn't have them. Re ride the lesson in your head, deal with what happened and put it right, then breathe deeply and on to the lesson with the international bod!

That first pic is awesome! :biggrin:

Oh Clare, poor you! It's always horrid coming off but especially as you were jumping, it knocks your confidence. Like PW says, re-live it In your head and try and correct it. I've only come off milo once jumping (amazingly). I'd just gone clear round our first 2'6" and was so chuffed, next thing I knew I was on the ground! As it transpired it was entirely my fault, I was riding out of the ring and nearly crashed into a jump wing, milo went one way and I went the other :laugh: as soon as your knee allows, get back on and do it again, otherwise you'll put it off forever!

Milo went in with the mare yesterday and it went amazingly well. She's a very strong character, she tells him where to shove it and i think hes actually a bit scared of her, yipee!

Bloody hell!!! Those photos are incredible! Hope your knee is feeling better soon :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Glad Milo has been put in his place by the mare :)

Had a lovely day today, took monster out for a walk when I first got to the farm, put his bridle on as I wasn't sure what he would do!! He was really good and just wanted to eat grass the whole time. I then went out for a hack on Big Jack the dales, who was ace. We had a canter through the park and he was so well behaved. I then got back and did my jobs, then took Blue for a walk before bedding him down. Just walked him in his headcollar for the second walk. Then when I got back, the YO was waiting with her Springer spaniel puppy for me to have a cuddle of :) Pictures of me on Big Jack to follow :)

In a way its the second fall that bothers me more as I really shouldn't have fallen off, found myself laying on the floor thinking what the hell happened there! It was just a wall filler such like he has jumped plenty of times before so wasn't expecting anything exciting to happen he has been so unspooky this season he hasn't done any of his "specials" but he was saving them up for a super special it seems lol

I guess its because we knock so many fences down that makes me think I am useless and I hate watching back videos and seeing my position.

I did get back on both times and jumped some more so will probably leave it now until the lesson as feel like I might need a bit of hand holding or more likely being shouted at to get me going again.

Glad Blue enjoyed his walks and looking forward to seeing the pics of Big Jack :biggrin:

Ah Milo needed the firm hand (or hoof) of a woman to sort him out and see the errors of his ways, we should have known :laugh:

In a way its the second fall that bothers me more as I really shouldn't have fallen off, found myself laying on the floor thinking what the hell happened there! It was just a wall filler such like he has jumped plenty of times before so wasn't expecting anything exciting to happen he has been so unspooky this season he hasn't done any of his "specials" but he was saving them up for a super special it seems lol

I guess its because we knock so many fences down that makes me think I am useless and I hate watching back videos and seeing my position.

I did get back on both times and jumped some more so will probably leave it now until the lesson as feel like I might need a bit of hand holding or more likely being shouted at to get me going again.

Glad Blue enjoyed his walks and looking forward to seeing the pics of Big Jack :biggrin:

Ah Milo needed the firm hand (or hoof) of a woman to sort him out and see the errors of his ways, we should have known :laugh:

Having been there and done it (the falling off I mean) it can be hard to get back into it....I like to go right back to trotting poles (On the lunge if I have to) then just build up one phase at a time....cross poles, uprights, spread and combinations....

Hope Phoebe gets better!

Poor Annie and co :(

PW I've used alphabute before, its nice stuff isn't it.

Shame it was cancelled Clare! I think Loki has been chatting to milo on showjumping strategies :laugh:

Milo news good and bad and in-between. Bad news is that he's suddenly developed sweet itch! Last year he came up with a tiny patch i thought might be sweet itch but it never came to anything. Last week I hogged him and noticed a scabby yellow patch and then the following day caught him scratching his tail in his stable so I'm pretty sure it is. Have dug out my fly rug, will be buying every product available at the weekend :laugh:

In between news is that he has yet to go out with the mare. She seems very feisty and to be honest I've been putting it off! I think we are trying at the weekend but I think they are going to kill each other!

Good news is amongst the broken-ness he is working really nicely. Of course we are mostly hacking and basic schooling but at the.moment he feels lovely and light and bendy :)

Also, my most exciting news is that I have finally been able to book onto a riding club clinic :laugh: they are starting some 'back to basics' clinics with only 4 in a group, the first class is walking and trotting over poles so I'm going to do that :) it will be so nice to get him out, its probably the only thing I will get to do with him this year so looking forward to that.

I bet the fall in Love.... its always the way....

Well I dont want to speak too soon but I think it might be a success! If he dares get too close she gives him 'the look' and he backs off! I took a very boring video of them this morning, please excuse milo's fly rug outfit :laugh: in other news last night my yo told me if he doesn't settle with her then I will have to leave as she can't afford to have him on individual turn out. Charming!

Video:

Looks like they have settled nicely :wub:

Been out again on Big Jack tonight, he had a couple of spooks tonight, but his spooks are so small compared to Blue. Also took Blue down the lane for his walk tonight, big mistake. Going down the lane involves walking past the field with the mares in it. Now as Blue is a super stud, they all fancy him - cue them all cantering over to the fence to see Blue and standing there whinnying at him. Blue then gets really excited at all his mares coming to see him and starts trying to trot off :rolleyes: :laugh:

Anyway, as promised, here is a pic of me on big Jack - like I say he is very round at the moment, but hopefully keeping him working will help him to lose some weight.

temporary-16-1.jpg

(null)