UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Milo -Wonderful photos, he is lovely and neat infront.... I think he waants to jump higher though...:)

I know I know...people tell me he looks fantastic but he feels awful! He was so strong, much worse than last time, I guess it was being on grass that did it.

I am now brave enough to pop 2'9-3'0 at home once in a blue moon but at shows the 2'3 jumps look HUGE to me. I think the colours/spreads/fillers make them look much more intimidating. I know he can do it (jumping out of the school (5ft) from a standstill) but its me that wont jump any higher. Even on the smaller courses it feels like hes just charging at them and I feel like if the jumps were bigger he'd just plough straight through them :laugh:

In the last lesson I had we did some grid work and it proved that he cannot carry himself over more than two jumps. If we put a third one out he knocks the lot, its a disaster. He gets faster and flatter so I need to do much more of that to teach him to sit back and carry himself a bit better.

Still struggling with flatwork and 'impulsion' rather than speed. I dont think we'll ever get there :wacko: So fustrating!

Am sure the balance will come, plenty of half halts before a jump, might just help rebalance him, and remind him you are on board!!

Schooled Blue without my instructor today, my mum was there, just in case he had a wobble, but he was ace. We did some more canter work, and he was so balanced and his transitions up and down were ace :biggrin: At the end, I was walking him off when mum started messing about with the horsewalker, he had a look, but carried on listening to me.

On the way back down to his stable though, he had a spook at a piece if haylage wrap on the floor, so I picked it up with my whip, to try and desensitise him to it. Then I put my whip on the floor and picked up the plastic with my hand. He went absolutely mental, although he did calm down a bit (after standing on my new whip in the process :rolleyes: ). He's such a drama queen!!

The reason I said he might want higher as he seems to be running into the bottom of the fence and getting in too close which is why it probably all feels a bit rushed.... a bigger fence might make him back off a bit....Id try schooling him with a ground pole in front of the fence as a guide and make him walk between fences.... take him to a little 'clear round' show and make him walk the course....

I know I know...people tell me he looks fantastic but he feels awful! He was so strong, much worse than last time, I guess it was being on grass that did it.

I am now brave enough to pop 2'9-3'0 at home once in a blue moon but at shows the 2'3 jumps look HUGE to me. I think the colours/spreads/fillers make them look much more intimidating. I know he can do it (jumping out of the school (5ft) from a standstill) but its me that wont jump any higher. Even on the smaller courses it feels like hes just charging at them and I feel like if the jumps were bigger he'd just plough straight through them :laugh:

In the last lesson I had we did some grid work and it proved that he cannot carry himself over more than two jumps. If we put a third one out he knocks the lot, its a disaster. He gets faster and flatter so I need to do much more of that to teach him to sit back and carry himself a bit better.

Still struggling with flatwork and 'impulsion' rather than speed. I dont think we'll ever get there :wacko: So fustrating!

If anyone knows of anyone looking for a very nice project (but for keeps not to sell on) pm me, 9yr 15.1hh Hanorverian boy, who if he'd grown a bit more I would be having sleepness nights over, like I could afford another horse :laugh:

Loki's bloods have come back negative for metabolic disorders, but the general bloods have come back showing that he has been fighting an infection, why nothing has shown in previous tests and why they are now showing its an old infection and not current we are not really sure :wacko: But as least something has come to light, and hopefully that is what has been going on.

Lots of Aloe Vera and rest and hopefully he will start to pick up soon :wub:

We did have a chat about it but because the white blood cells and other readings were ok, my vet felt the infection had passed and for this reason he was not keen on giving him antibiotics. His heart rate is dropping and he does have a brighter look in his eye so i'm hoping he is on the road to recovery and with the help of the AV and herbal stuff it will be enough to support him

What a bloody awful day......i hate horses :rolleyes:

Got to stables at 7am [was late] to be greeted by the sight of a bruised and battered Fern with severe colic :mecry: she had obviously been down most of the night, bashed and cut herself in stable and was in a bad way. Emergency vets called and after huge amounts of painkillers, anti spasmodics etc Fern was a lot happier although vet warned me she wasnt sure if she'd pull through. After spending all day with her around mid afternoon her guts started gurgling away whereas they'd been deathly silent when vets were here and i'm proud to announce she pooed late this afternoon!!! :laugh: I've left her for an hour to pop home as shes much brighter. Vet asked me if she was infoal as her belly is pregnant looking :unsure: :rolleyes:

Forgot to say i'm glad Loki's feeling brighter :GroupHug:

Only people with animals knows the importance of discussing poo :laugh: So pleased Fern is recovering, what a scare :GroupHug: Was the vet concerned enough about her belly to want to scan for passengers :unsure:

Lovely pony :wub: lots of cleaning for your friend :laugh: