UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Dobbin was beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub:

Been down to the new yard tonight, and it's really nice. It's not posh, but it has a woodchip school and acres and acres of fields for them to be in.

I rode the monster last night, and he was really good. I led him along the road to the bridle path, then got on him and walked to the end and back. He was really well behaved :wub: :wub:

Dobbin :wub: :wub: :wub: That was so nice to have the ribbons and flowers when you got there :GroupHug: and I love having the shoe in the gateway too :GroupHug:

Really pleased Jayne, hopefully you can both bid farewell to the worries, not sure 'Monster' is a fitting title on that description though :wink:

Have loads of fun at the Bridge Dobbin :wub: :wub:

Had another lesson on Saturday and did a bit of work in the school and then out for a hack. It pee'd down so we got a tad wet but we didnt care. The poor horses werent impressed at being ridden in the rain though and just wanted to stand with their bums facing it :rolleyes:

Got another lesson this Saturday so cant wait :elefant:

Just checking in to see how Jacky got on before I go on hols for the week, now I will have to go away not knowing why Jacky didn't ride Kane herself for the showing!!!! That is just mean Jacky :D Hope all went well :flowers:

Glad the riding is going well EAD, hope your next lesson is a bit dryer :biggrin:

Have a good week everyone :wavey:

Wanda gets her blood results on Wednesday, I'm sure now she was just suffering from being fat and lazy because she's been a horror this weekend. I think she's realised being on a sicknote is not all fun and that it gets boring, she's been weaving like crazy, (17 baskets and a rug), biting Kim and barging up the field like a mad thing. If all is ok she is back in WORK! :)

I also don't believe that Kane was really norty :wub:

I went on a hack with my boss today :biggrin: we got proper drenched! I rode Fighty :wub: who is the 20 yo danish bred former stallion. He was a dream, lots of prancing and jogging, but soft and lovely to sit on, and not hard work at all. We did a bit of passage at one point, and boy does he still have bounce!! He was a right show off. Hopefully I will get to ride him again :)

Question for horsey people :) Does anyone know where I could get a line like this from? Line Only I want a hand loop on one end, rather than clips on both? Thank you :flowers:

TRPD could make you one to order in the cushion or comfort webbing, if you wished, Rudi. :)

It's ages since I managed to get here and I'm miles behind catching up with everyone's news.

I had a scary time recently, and when Bronnie went down with gas colic, probably after someone fed her something like cabbage over the fence. Had to call the vet out as poor Bron was looking really bad. The vet even tubed her to release some of the gas from her stomach, as well as giving her an internal examination and injections for the pain and spasms. Bron was no sooner on her feet, than she was collapsing, quarters first and as if pole-axed. The vet was with her for two hours and said that if she had to come out again to her, we'd likely be looking at euthanasia. She (the vet) phoned me back about half an hour after she'd left for another call, and seemed surprised when I reported that Bron was back to her normal self, and beating a tattoo with her hooves around the stable, bucking and breaking wind very well! By morning, the little madam was rearing up over the stable door and in an attempt to escape her confines and return to the field and Merlyn! It seems that, like him, she does not like to be shut in! :unsure:

Glad Bronnie is back to her normal self......scary though :GroupHug:

Anne I think I would have a heart attack if put on a stallion :laugh: There are two gorgeous stallions where we ride, a bay 17hh very impressive guy and a piebald who is hobbling round his field with a bruised sole. They are rather fabulous :wub: There was also an ikkle chestnut foal running round the field as fast as its little legs would go with mum not far behind......I really must take a few piccies.

Any news on Wandas results :unsure:

Just booked tickets for my friend and I to go to the International Horse Show in October......I cant wait :jumpy:

Glad Bronnie is over her colic, it's horrible to see them in so much pain.

Wanda's blood show no virus or anaemia but raised muscle enzymes, she is on light hacking now and will be blood tested again in two weeks. It could be no more that she had a muscle strain which raised the enzymes but will have to wait and see now. Glad she can do some work though, she's positively feral at the moment. The issue of her weight will have to be addressed but have to admit she's not a greedy horse and as when she's in during the day she only gets through about 3kg of haylage, half of that is dragged onto the floor and pooed on! I think she's eating cream cakes on the sly!" :laugh: