UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Thanks Jacky :flowers:

He is a 6.6ft but I can't find anything that fits his huge shoulders, they are all too tight, and that is him just standing in the yard :rolleyes:

So far I have tried, Bucas, Rambo, Amigo, Premier Equine, Weatherbeta, Shires :wacko:

He won't even eat Royal Gala apples now, they have to be Pink Ladies, what have I created :mecry: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Thanks Jacky :flowers:

He is a 6.6ft but I can't find anything that fits his huge shoulders, they are all too tight, and that is him just standing in the yard :rolleyes:

So far I have tried, Bucas, Rambo, Amigo, Premier Equine, Weatherbeta, Shires :wacko:

He won't even eat Royal Gala apples now, they have to be Pink Ladies, what have I created :mecry: :rolleyes: :laugh:

In the meantime, we've got some dirt cheap ones at the local feed place that have fitted alot of the 'odder' shaped horses...is it worth me sending you one? They are only around £10 with full necks, postage won't be more than a fiver I'd of thought?

£10 :ohmy: Oh yes please Jacky that would be great, at that price it is worth a try, can't find anything for under £50 here! I can paypal the money to you, or a cheque, whatever easiest :flowers:

Won't be able to get there til saturday so I'll grab it and let you know after. :flowers: Danny has been wearing his all summer and apart from the underbelly bit needing to be taken up abit it's fitted really well! I nearly bought one for Kane just cos it was cheap, even though he doesn't need one!!! :laugh: :rolleyes:

I haven't heard of that Marion, looks good though. I've got the Monty Roberts one if you'd like to borrow that? It's really interesting, I'm not a huge fan of his 'shows' but his life story is facinating!!

Oooh yes please Jacky :flowers: I'll send you the Whispering Back one after I've had a dip in it if you'd like :unsure:

Well, I finally got my camera to work briefly - got a couple of shots to show how Bronnie is developing, now she is a two-year-old, and one of the latest aquisition, the little 11hh allotment pony, Daisy - then the camera packed up again... :(

Bronnie: Bronnie.jpg Bronnieaged2.jpg

and Daisy: Daisy005.jpg

They are quite similar, but Bron has a much thicker tail - poor little Daisy's is much thinner, wispy and straight haired, whereas Bron's is like a great thick brush! I wanted to get some of Daisy's face, but she was still scoffing and then the camera died again. :unsure: Her head is much more like an old fashioned section A Welsh pony's, whereas Bron's more of a section C type. When she matures, it looks as if she will be quite stocky, especially if her shoulders broaden out to match her quarters.

Daisy has a lot more white about the muzzle, Jacky, and is also a darker bay and a lot smaller and daintier than Bronnie. :biggrin: The latter has changed a lot since she arrived looking like that little scrawny, yealing waif. I'm fairly sure now that she'll mature at 12.3 - 13hh. (Her quarters are 12.3hh already.) Daisy is only 11 - 11.1hh and is a 6 year old. Discovering that she is a bit 'sour-faced' in the stable and possessive over her bucket feeds!

I had the blacksmith out yesterday to trim her feet, so they are looking a lot better in the photo than they were. She was a bit of a madam having her feet done, too, and has a lot to learn about manners and being handled. However, she is already greeting me in the mornings with an 'I'm hungry' whinney, and, once I have managed to get a headcollar on her in the stable, seems to enjoy a bit of T-touch and massage, so is responding to me a bit.

Not yet been able to try her tack on, but the bridle looks far to big, and there's obviously been pressure on her withers at some point from an ill-fitting saddle, so I'll have to check that - once she's ready and sound enough to do that, after her excursion jumping into the river! :rolleyes:

Have been prodded to come in here and give you guys a Blue update as you haven't had one for a while!!!

He's really settled at the new yard, and is absolutely loving it! Hacked out for the first time today with my cousin - he was a star - we were out for about 2 1/2 hours, going along busyish roads, bridle paths etc. He was fantastic. We had 1 temper tantrum when he didn't want to walk through a puddle which went across the whole path, but Lizzie brought Flyer back to the puddle and he followed him fine! He was also walking through really deep mud and puddles and stuff and only having slight drama queen moments (which previously would have seen me hit the deck whilst he tried to scrabble up the bank to avoid the puddle :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ), I was really proud of him though, as we had a few gallops and we had brakes!!! We are hopefully going to a show on Sunday - Lizzie is going to do a small jumping class on Flyer, and I'm going to do a few showing classes on Blue!!!