UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Had another lesson yesterday and we started off with a short hack and then back to the school to do some circle work and over poles.

And I cantered :elefant: (disunited but we'll get it right hopefully on Friday at our next lesson).

:wub: Mr C is gorgeous!!!! What a lovely kind face he has! Glad the lesson's are going well, you'll be out hacking across the countryside in no time.

Had a lovely week off, really really not happy about being back at work. Although think Kane might be glad to see the back of me!!! :laugh: Been out on a couple of really nice hacks and even went on a 2 hour one alone!!!! Only had to get off once...which was a miracle!!! :laugh: He's been jumping with my friend and also done alot of schooling (which he's starting to do really nicely!). I think he's also beginning to rather like the benefits of having a stable, it was raining one day so I went up to the yard and bought him in and left him to dry...with a big pile of hay of course...when I got back he didn't want to leave the stable!!! :laugh:

Oh sorry only just read back!! No I didn't show Kane, only because the day before when I was practicing he skidded in the show field (in canter) and we very nearly went down and it scared the sh*t out of me!!! :( So I decided that as I'd be full of wobbles it wasn't fair on him for me to show him, Andrea took him in 2 classes but he tried to tank off with her in the first one!!! :ohmy: He then did the jumping...unfortunately as he's never done a course before he refused one that had a rather colourful filler, but he did complete it with only one jump down so even though he was eliminated he did well. It was so nice cos all the other people competeing were urging him on and clapped when he'd finished!! Anghard said she'd definately take him in again but practice first next time!!! :laugh: Anyway the show he did after was alot better cos he was shattered so he got a most improved rossett!!! :laugh:

We've got a show this weekend but as I've got dog training on saturday I don't think I'll be taking him in anything on Sunday, but I promise I will show him in the one after. I checked with the judge and he said they'd accept my treeless saddle so I'm alot happier using that as I'm much more confident riding in it.

Glad to hear Bronnie and Wanda are okay. :GroupHug:

Oh dear.....I appear to have bought a new saddle!!!!!!!!!! :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: I have been wanting a new treeless for a while as mine was a cheaper copy of a barefoot....and I may have accidentally found a german site that had one on offer....it's not your 'normal' saddle!!! :huh:

Hee Hee!!

Well I guess no one will take my saddle by accident now will they!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

So now I have for sale a used treeless (excellent for those that want to try one but not spend alot) and a lovely Thorowgood 17.5'' x-wide saddle!!! :rolleyes:

Oooh that looks right comfy Jacky :biggrin: Were they at Badminton, or am I getting my treeless mixed up?

Glad Bronny and Wanda are on the road to recovery :flowers:

MrC :wub: :wub:

Chiropractor found Loki to be out of shape, or in the shape of a banana to be exact :rolleyes: There is a definately improvement since the treatment, although she came out again yesterday and he had reverted somewhat :mecry:

We are off to a Andrew Gould clinic on Saturday, so hopefully he will be able to help us move forward :)

Oh I don't know Clare, I didn't see them if they were!

I was wondering how you and Loki were getting on. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: Hope the clinic can give you the boost you need.

I must admit I'm abit worried about Kane, he's been out of sorts the last few days. After him being the spookiest horse EVER on monday and yesterday I rode him in the jumping field and he kept tripping and napping really badly! Didn't even take him out of walk cos he was really odd, he felt almost distracted!! I've noticed over the weekend he had very loose droppings and I'm slightly concerned about the grazing. The fields are very over grazed and while I'm happy with his weight I'm concerned he's not quiet getting all the nutrients he needs. Would you give him a bigger feed (he currently only gets 3 cups of D&H lesiure mix and some vegi's) and maybe add a all round supplement? :unsure:

:biggrin:

Elmegaardens Fight :wub:

FIGHTjuly2008011.jpg

and with me :)

FIGHTjuly2008013.jpg

taken after our lovely hack today. Doesn't he look lovely for 20? It was only a few years ago that he was still doing International level Grand Prix. He is such a gentleman, but definitely not a plod, just perfect!

Wow DP, he's nice! Doesn't look anywhere near 20!

Jackie, I would give the big lad a supplement, if the ground is overgrazed he won't be getting all his necessary vits etc.

Wanda is still on her light hacking, next blood test was supposed to be Friday and is now Tuesday so I won't have results until a week Friday! Must admit she looks good, her belly has reduced a bit and I pulled her mane as it was a mess. For some reason she just loves having it pulled and goes to sleep with a silly smile on her face.

I'm dying to spend some money on her, what can I get for the horse who has everything?

jackie what about a feed balancer like baileys lo-cal or top spec? that would give him all he needs as well as not adding any calories?.

or maybe he's caught the quiet bug of tinks!!!he is walking and trotting round the field with me on board now no problems- hes soooooo boring!!!!

jackie what about a feed balancer like baileys lo-cal or top spec? that would give him all he needs as well as not adding any

That was what I was going to suggest, I am a big fan of Baileys, and they have a very nice advise line to call :)

Anne he looks lovely :wub: Glad you are able to still get your fix :biggrin: Love the yard it looks nice and old fashioned :)

I think Wanda needs a fly rug for Loki :laugh: I have just bought a lovely Premier Equine fly rug to replace his Rambo one that has been rubbing him, sold the Rambo one at the weekend, turned him out in the new one yesterday and it has rubbed his shoulders to pieces :rolleyes: So now have to try and sell this one, and find one with tons of shoulder room, of course in the one day it is covered in stains and looks a hundred years old, why is nothing ever simple!

Fingers crossed Wanda's bloods come back clear :flowers:

Oh yes we definately need Tinks pics :flowers: