UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

There was a really bad fall yesterday and screens were put around the horse, does anyone know if it was ok? It happened not long after the cross country restated after two bad falls where the riders needed ambulances. Mary King had started but had to wait on course because of the injured horse but typically i cant remember who it was and cant find anything about it! Did anyone see the twit Clayton Fredericks take his horse at a canter over the huge drop so the poor bugger fell why do that when everyone else took it a gentle trot, cant stand the guy and this renforces it.

Edited by collies r best

Thanks Pendlewitch :) I know nothing about horses. I love them though :)

I can't see your vid thanks to Firefox messing up a recent update and I can't sign in using Chrome as I can't remember my password. Doh. Could you possibly put the link up so I can grab it and open it in Chrome?

I've been useless at keeping up lately, sadly all bad news from here, the tb gelding who was on boxrest for 3 months went to the bridge 3 weeks ago, the damage got worse while in his stable :-(...

Then 9 days ago another friends tb gelding was found down in the field, sadly he went to the bridge too, i'm really gonna miss him

Oh no, such sad news :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Nothing much to report here, Blue is still enjoying his freedom, although he has been moved to a slightly bigger field as the one he was in was all boggy. The YO thought he would do less damage to himself in a slightly bigger well draining field, than a smaller boggy field. Have to say I agree with her.

Going on holiday on Friday, and vets are booked in to review him on the Monday as I get back. Hopefully it will be good news and we can start riding again :)

Hoping to go to the Hartpury horse trials whilst we are away (unless they are cancelled!), that should give me my horsey fix whilst am away from Blue :)

Can I ask you horsey people what that white stuff some of the horses had smeared on their legs was before setting off round the course yesterday?

As PW said its grease but the latest thinking is going against using it as research has shown it can actually stop the horse sweating and cause over heating, you don't see it used as much as it used to now.

Well done Banner :wub: Hope Wanda's poorly foot is on the mend.

It was reported all horses ok, I think the Canadian horse suffered a career ending tendon injury but not life threatening.

Have a lovely holiday Gooster, fingers crossed you can get cracking with Blue again on your return :flowers:

Well done team GB, looking forward to the dressage tomorrow :biggrin:

As PW said its grease but the latest thinking is going against using it as research has shown it can actually stop the horse sweating and cause over heating, you don't see it used as much as it used to now.

Thank you :) I find it all fascinating stuff.

Forgot to say about this..a tip for fencing!! When you cleverly decide to put up some wooden posts and want them to be same height as other posts in fields it is a good idea not to buy 6' posts then discover the others were 5' so you have an extra foot of post to bash in. I'll just go scuttle into the idiots corner :ohno01:

I've been useless at keeping up lately, sadly all bad news from here, the tb gelding who was on boxrest for 3 months went to the bridge 3 weeks ago, the damage got worse while in his stable :-(...

Then 9 days ago another friends tb gelding was found down in the field, sadly he went to the bridge too, i'm really gonna miss him

So sorry to hear that :GroupHug:

Thats not good CrB, bet your arms ached after knocking those in :laughingsmiley:

I very reluctantly went showjumping yesterday, my jumping trainer told me I had to and the thought of not doing what he said was marginally more scary than actually doing it so off we trundled in the rain.

Goodness I was so nervous it was silly, and having looked at the ground decided to change from the 2.9ft to the 2.6ft class as the pony class were skidding all over the place and the ring was cutting up as they kept the same course for the whole day.

I still can't really believe Im saying this but we got a double clear and came 5th :biggrin: So chuffed with him, the ground was horrible and we slipped a lot on the turns even with studs in so it wasn't the smoothest round but he didn't touch a pole and that just never happens even over small fences so was very proud of our achievement!

Must not buy any more pics, Must not buy any more pics, Must not buy any more pics, Must not buy any more pics, :laughingsmiley:

http://www.nicolaell.../az8z4141#photo

Buy it! Fabulous picture and well done for getting 5th.

It's our local agricultural show this weekend, they've only just managed to cut and clear the hay from the fields and if it rains much more it will be a quagmire as it's lovely Thames clay.