UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Well I think Rolo should have won - you were robbed! He looks so calm :wub: :wub: and you and the tea cosy look a zillion times better than I do at the stables (shan't mention how I looked when the vet came this morning whilst I was mucking out instead of the afternoon as expected :blush02: ).

Had you practised the tarpaulin or did he just do it?! :wub:

:laugh: :laugh:

We had practised nothing!!! I showed him a tarp in the Summer, but he has not seen one since :) He has never seen flags before so I was anticipating a reaction, but I showed it to him as I picked it up and he took it in his stride, bless him :) If only he was that relaxed when ridden!

Looking forward to the video Gooster :)

Wow, long time since I've been in this thread. All the pics are great :)

It's still -4 here and in the winter we usually turn Frant & Finn out into the sand school but today (cos the sand school is frozen solid) we've turned them out into the top paddock, where they haven't been for a while. Frant is blind in one eye and the silly sod lovely boy has just run into a tree and skinned his face :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Fortunately it's not a serious wound, just taken the fur off but I'll bet he's going to have a bit of a headache for a while :unsure: Horses, who'd have them :wacko: :wacko:

Wow, long time since I've been in this thread. All the pics are great :)

It's still -4 here and in the winter we usually turn Frant & Finn out into the sand school but today (cos the sand school is frozen solid) we've turned them out into the top paddock, where they haven't been for a while. Frant is blind in one eye and the silly sod lovely boy has just run into a tree and skinned his face :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Fortunately it's not a serious wound, just taken the fur off but I'll bet he's going to have a bit of a headache for a while :unsure: Horses, who'd have them :wacko: :wacko:

Poor boy, give him a at from me! :)

I have an ongoing foot saga with Blondi, she has a huge abcess which has erupted at the bulb of her heel. Shes in on box rest which she loves and thinks shes the most superior horse o nthe yard!

Easta is still not right and has started rearing again, so am now back to ditching english saddles and riding western as shes seems comfier. Newt is just Newt bless him. Very happy now he is out with the ladies and not getting bullied by the boys! He has thankfully kept his new rug unripped, only his 4th heavyweight new zealand! The gelding he used to go out with ripped them off his back weekly and I had an ongoing to and fro fro mthe repair place!

He is now out with easta, Calais and soon Blondie so he'll be very pleased with his harem of stunning red heads! :D

I've also chosen a stallion for Easta so she will hopefully be going to stud in a few months time.

I am sick to bloody death of the cold. It is -10 at the moment and has been most of the week. We have snow too. The boys haven't been to their field since Saturday as we have to go over a busy road and through a village. The road isn't bad, but the village is terrible. Last time they went over was frightening. We were looking after Will, a friends horse and coming in, he slipped on ice and went down. Luckily he stayed perfectly calm and got up himself. Thing that worried me more was me going down with him.

Have let them run in the indoor school, lots of bucking from both of them.

What a nightmare Andrea :(

We are lucky, they have just opened up another field on our farm which is dry and has loads of grass on it - the boys absolutely love it!!

The video of me and Blue has been uploaded onto the interdressage website now - I managed to get a clearer version uploaded to the site for the judge to see :)

Agghhh sorry have been really bad at keeping up recently :flowers:

Gooster you and Blue have come such a long way, you are both looking great :biggrin: can't wait to hear how you got on with the interdressagey thingy that I don't understand :laugh:

Brrr ickle pony is making me feel cold, but I bet she is toastie with that lovely coat :wub:

Angel hope you are getting some of the milder weather we have at the moment, although it is blowing a gale and tipping down with rain :rolleyes:

I hope Frant and Blondi are on the mend :flowers:

I am having major headaches about whether to move Loki or not. I now don't have transport and am really down about not being able to go to parties anymore :mecry: . I could move to a lovely yard, run really well, fantastic in house instructor, that hold xc and sj clinics and competitions, but the hacking isn't great and I am not sure how Loki will be :unsure: It is further for me to travel, but I do now have a sharer for him so get three days off. Really really confused about what to do :wacko:

My current yard is very expensive for what it is, I would pay roughly the same price (a little less if anything) to move to the other yard. There is off road hacking but only a small wood which I am pretty bored of now, and I am generally not content there anymore.

Hi all

Just popped in to see how you are all doing. Looks like you are all having fun.

Have heard some disturbing things about Dexter. Owner not turning up to do him when she says she will and being left all night without any food at all. Then turning up when she says she cant making it and turning him out just before the farrier is due etc. Now you know why I gave up sharing. Havent been on a horse for nearly a year now.

My horsey friend who I have known for over 30 yrs emigrated to Canada at the end of October taking her family, 3 dogs and 3 horses with her. :( She has the place of her dreams. Indoor school with stables attached so she doesnt have to go outside to exercise. I am so pleased for her but do miss her.

Hi,

I have posted on the dog threads but thought it was about time I introduced Mickey. He is 15 years old and is a star :)

the day he was born with mum, 5/8/93 :wub:

Image30.jpg

He love's his jumping (honest I am not looking INTO the ditch :unsure: )

IMG_4036.jpg

Handsom Boy

IMG_4065.jpg

And finally the hairy beast that he is this winter ... this is the first winter since he was 2 that he hasn't been clipped

Image021.jpg

Thank you for looking :)

Edited by mmp