UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Hello everyone, not been posting on here much recently but I have been keeping up with everyones news.

Micky is absolutely gorgeous, looks like a really good fun horse, very cute foalie picture :wub:

Sorry to hear Dexter isn't having the best time of it Bobbysmum, hopefully she will get her head straight at some point and start looking after him properly.

Claire - sounds to me like you have pretty much made your mind up - the only thing you stand to lose is the small amount of hacking that you have said you are fed up with anyway. My yard is a bit of a sanctuary for me, I love to go there and spend time there, it would be a big problem if for some reason I wasn't content there.

Muffy looks lovely and toastie in her big hairy coat, love to see ponies like that!!!

I have given Apple the last few months off, I decided he had earned a good break so done the odd bit of hacking but otherwise have just let him be a horse in the field and enjoy himself, and he has loved it. Just starting to get him back into work now rady to do a couple of dressage comps from the end of Feb.

Will is coming along really well, doing quite a bit with him and really starting to click with him. He had his first clip yesterday and is really starting to look like a proper horse!!! We have got our first session with my trainer tonight so will update tomorrow, and hopefully get some photos this weekend to show you the changes in him.

Mickey is gorgeous, my blue boy has a wonky blaze too!

It'll be nice to see pics of will Kath, I always had a soft spot for him.

The interdressage results are in and we came 8th in the senior class, really pleased as haven't had a lesson since June! Have been bitten by the bug again so have decided to concentrate more on schooling again and compete every month!

Well, Will was an absolute star last night, very sharp when I first got on him, but after the first 15 minutes and several huge bucks, he settled really well and worked fantastic. I can't believe how well he is getting on, by the end of the lesson he was working to a level where he would have been getting approx 65% in Prelim dressage (according to my instructor!!!).

I'll get some photos this weekend all being well and post them on here.

Well done Jayne, pleased to hear that you are competing again and that Blue boy is behaving himself. Good luck next month!!!

Where can I find details about the interdressage comps? I think a couple of people I know might be interested in competing, problems with transport etc means they can't really get to other competitions.

Well done Gooster, I thought it looked a nice test :biggrin:

All change for me again :rolleyes: I put my sensible head on and realised that I can not afford the competition yard, maybe I could in terms of the livery but it was 11 miles from work and 12 from home, so really not a sensible option for someone desperately needing to sort their finances out. OH leaves on the 1st Mar so things could get quite desperate.

I handed my notice in at WEC and planned to move to Wheatlands until I could find something closer to home as the livery was cheaper.

I started to look at yards closer to work and home, and there has been a yard I have nearly moved to a few times but didn't as the school isn't great and it is really a hacking yard. But the times I have looked around the people have been nice and it seems a nice laid back place, and it is cheap! I called her up on Friday but they had no space or anyone intending to leave, so she said she would put my name at the top of the waiting list.

Would you believe it the next day she called to say someone had handed their notice in :ohmy: and the date they suggested to move in was the exact date my notice runs out at WEC!

The yard is 2 minutes from work, so will be able to turnout on way in and muck out in my lunch hour (lovely for my colleagues :laugh: )

I am a bit upset I won't be able to get him out to parties, he really is ready to rock this year both jumping and dressage but heyho he is young enough to take a year out and be a hacking horse and hopefully I will be in a better position to start back up with him next year :)

Oh and did I mention the good point about this yard ..... it has direct hacking into Windsor Great Park :biggrin:

I have sadly lost my lovely sharer as it is too far for her to travel, so if anyone knows anyone in this area who is lovely and looking for a horse to share please send them my way :flowers:

• 2 weeks later...

I think Blue has decided I am the worst mummy in the world. They are all still being turned out despite it being snowy. My uncle has been turning them out though, so he can't make me feel guilty when I leave him at the gate. This morning though, it was my turn to do the morning shift, and Blue made me feel so mean. He just stood there at the gate, and tried to get my headcollar off me, as if he was telling me he wanted to go back in. When I walked back up to the stables though, he just stood there looking sad :rolleyes: I did check after I had done all my mucking out that he had moved, and he was just mooching around on the hill, so that made me feel a bit better :wub: :wub:

Wanda fixes me with a baleful eye the minute I arrive on the yard, she does not 'do' turnout in the conditions we have at the moment! :laugh: She would be more than happy to spend every day in her stable just stuffing her face, but Sam YO is unmoved by the resentful glances and pushes her firmly into the turnout with her buddies. It's not as if they don't have anything to eat either, they have a huge rack loaded with haylage and Wanda gets more than her fair share! She just likes to make me feel guilty.

Edited by Pendlewitch

Wanda fixes me with a baleful eye the minute I arrive on the yard, she does not 'do' turnout in the conditions we have at the moment! :laugh: She would be more than happy to spend every day in her stable just stuffing her face, but Sam YO is unmoved by the resentful glances and pushes her firmly into the turnout with her buddies. It's not as if they don't have anything to eat either, they have a huge rack loaded with haylage and Wanda gets more than her fair share! She just likes to make me feel guilty.

Glad it's not just Blue!!! He was all sad though tonight, as everyone was bringing them in when I arrived at the yard tonight, so I brought him in and he had to wait whilst I mucked him out and did all my jobs. The way he looked at me, you'd think he'd never been fed in his life!!

I maybe going on Sunday to look at a certain black Andalusian stallion :rolleyes:

Mmmm, that sounds interesting! Pics would be lovely. :)

Well Wanda got her way today, my niece took her out for a hack and as the turnout is rock hard she has gone back to bed, Wanda is happy!

Edited by Pendlewitch

Oooh did you see the Andy Sarah?

I bet Wanda is the only one who is upset the snow has gone and she has to get out of bed :wub: :laugh:

Haven't updated for ages, things have been a bit strange here lots going on at home, and suddenly I found I didn't want to ride or be at the stables really. But pleased to say I am beginning to feel much better and actually wanted to ride last week, and then it snowed, and snowed and snowed some more, so sorry that may have been my fault :D

Big day on Sunday, Loki is moving to a more basic yard, much closer to home and 2 mins from work so that will save me a lot in time and cash. Very stressed at the thought he won't settle, being such a sensitive flower, but to be honest I have to try this otherwise I don't know what else I can do other than have to think of the dreaded sell word :mecry:

I found a lovely sharer for him but she isn't able to move to the new yard as she felt it is too far away (makes me realise how far I have been travelling the last two years!). I have a possible new sharer who seems lovely, she is a small animal vet as well :biggrin: She is taking a few days to decide whether to go ahead or not, so everyone keep your fingers crossed.

It would be a slightly different type of share, as she would pay more and do less chores, which would mean I hopefully wouldn't need to get a second job, so it would be brilliant.

I am going to try save a bit each month in hope I may be able to afford to hire a box and get to at least one event this summer :)

Any spare "Loki settle" thoughts for him on Sunday would be much appreciated :flowers: