UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Wanda took herself off to another showjumping clinic with her Aunty Sam and had a Wandaful time! :laugh: Sam said she went bonkers every time she was asked to canter and then put in the most humungous buck ever. It seems I'm at work for every clinic so far so don't get any pics, that's really annoying! At least Wanda is having fun!

Hi everyone. Just popped in to see how you all were and it seems to have been remarkably quiet. Hope Loki is settling in ok and enjoying seeing his mum in her lunch hour.

Dexter is moving away for good tomorrow. :mecry: His owner took voluntary redundancy from her job and as her house was tied to her job she is homeless as well so she is moving back to family near Aylesbury and taking Dexter with her. Bye bye Dexter. Hope all goes well for you.

My friend who emigrated family, dogs and 3 horses to Canada came back to UK this week. We had lunch. She loves her life now. She has 49 acres, 12 stables and her own indoor school. She has joined the eventing association and has 6 places who run regular competitions within half an hours drive. Once the snow has cleared they will begin to build their own eventing course. She has already laid a riding trail around the land. We always have a great time together. Fall about laughing at the problems a new country brings. One of the dogs discovered skunks! Raccoons that poo on the rafters of the indoor school, it freezes and then they knock it off as they run along the rafter later :rolleyes:

ooo lovely to catch up on news - hope loki is settling in well.. ive just come back from a fab jumping lesson - not jumped for ages to was really good! myself and a work collegue found a lovely large school to ride at about 40 min away but horses are really good and not usual 'school' horses but its just gone into administration so not sure how long it will stay open for :-( such a shame.

am going to go back and proberly read peoples news now!

Feniks has not been well :(

On Thursday night, he was absolutely fine when I left him. Friday morning went to yard to take him to field, put his rug on in his stable as I always do, then went to lead him out. He couldn't walk properly on his right hind. Felt his foot for heat and there was none. Thinking he had just a stiff hip as he does suffer with that slightly, I led him into the indoor school. He managed to walk around one lap and Steve felt him and said he had a very tight muscle. Put him back in his stable and went home to get ready for work.

Before I went to work, I gave Helen a call, she is an equine physio. She promised to give him a once over that morning. Got a call from Steve at about ten to say that Helen advised I called the vet as she couldn't pin point the problem.

Called the vet, who said she could be at the stables for one. Booked the afternoon off work.

When the vet came, she felt his leg and asked me to walk him a few steps. She got her hoof pinchers and tapped his hoof and in one area he flinched. DId the pinch test, and he definately had a very sore spot. She said possibly a bruised sole or an abscess. Removed the shoe (could see then why she was a vet and not a farrier :rolleyes: ) and she made a small hole at the sore area. Steve said he could hear a hiss of air and some liquid dripped out. A wet dressing was put on and we were given instructions to keep it wet until Monday.

Yesterday, took him out of his stable and he was walking fine....thank God. He has been for two long walks, vet advised a couple walks on hard ground each day to get any infection out. Helen told me yesterday that she was really concerned that it was something more serious, she was very upset at the thought of Feniks not being right as he is one of her favourites at the yard. She honestly thought he had dislocated or even chipped his stifle.

Edited by Angel155

How is Feniks now?

Has Loki settled Clare?

We've had a hectic week, Easta has been kicked badly the vet thought she'd broken her leg on Wed. But it seems now its badly bruised and has a cut on it down to the bone. Mr Newt is a culprit so I am up for homg ideas, I've tried to send him to Trallwm but Lesley is wise to my plan :wink: :rolleyes:

And my other news is that a certain other chestnut filly.... has found her way home.

Exciting news... the pregnant mare at my yard is in labour as I type. I fetched her in earlier and was very excited to report to the YO that her little lady was in labour. It was early signs so we're hoping to have a little bundle of foal fun come tomorrow am.... I'll bring photos :D