UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Your Horse looks fab and I am so jealous :angry: there are times I hate living over here :rolleyes:

Think ive seen the girl with the chestnut on telly.

Sorry sale fell through, maybe it just wasnt meant to be :GroupHug:

Tilly is rather lovely :wub: as are Fighty and Roxy :wub:

We're hoping to go for a lesson on Saturday.....itching to get back in saddle.

Saw this place Oldencraig on the telly and its looks good.......again wish I lived in England :rolleyes:

Lovely horses Anne :wub: who is your boss's trainer?

EAD you can holiday at Oldencraig :wink: Fingers crossed you get to ride at the weekend :flowers:

I had a lesson with Fiona Foy yesterday, wow Loki went so well I couldn't believe it, I didn't know we could canter like that :biggrin: Roll on December when she is coming back :)

Simon Battram :)

Was that him in the photo, not at all as I pictured him if it is :laugh: Still debating over whether to have a lesson with him when he is a WEC, as it is two days before Fiona Foy comes back and not sure I can justify spending that much in such a short period :unsure: I am guessing you would recommend him :D

No pics I forgot the camera :rolleyes:

Yay not long now Sarah :elefant:

Was that him in the photo, not at all as I pictured him if it is :laugh: Still debating over whether to have a lesson with him when he is a WEC, as it is two days before Fiona Foy comes back and not sure I can justify spending that much in such a short period :unsure: I am guessing you would recommend him :D

No pics I forgot the camera :rolleyes:

yeah that is his distorted image in the mirror :laugh:

quite recommendable, very on the horses terms etc :flowers:

trust you to forget your camera, what are you like :rolleyes:

Easta and I worked at liberty today. So no leadrope/lunge line. She was great, we did sidepass and went over taupaulin. She also ran and followed me over a fence too!

I was soo pleased with her, I can't tell you how much shes changed. She ground ties as well now and just hangs out with me in the school doesn't disappear off.

Oh and tomorrow is the day that Blonde one returneth! :rolleyes:

trust you to forget your camera, what are you like :rolleyes:

Especially for Anne :D I took advantage of having OH at the yard this morning and decided to play with some jumps. Worked our way up a grid of three bounces and Loki really did it well, left it up to him to work it out which really stopped him chucking his head up and going into racehorse mode, well almost :laugh:

We then turned onto the barrels, did this for the first time last week and it was pretty hairy, so much so when people realised we were having another go today we aquired a crowd :rolleyes: and OH got the camera out in hope he would catch something exciting. But Loki had obviously had slept on it and was much less extravigant thankfully!

A short video, what we lack in style we make for in enthusiasm :D Video

Handsome boy posing :wub:

Loki%20head.JPG

Yes she is 3 weeks old now.

The output from some helpful campers at the campsite next to the yard/field, going down for awalk and leaving all the gates open including the one from the barn and stallions field, with out a care to read signs!

Luckily this was the only mare caught, but talk about stupid.

They opened 4 gates to let the stallion get through to the others, as he looked 'lonely'!!! :unsure: :(

Ooooo cute foalie :wub: Gah, can't believe how stupid people can be and to even think they had the right to open gates is beyond belief! Eejits!

Now will everyone tell me if I'm crazy please. I'm having real problems of late with the riding, mostly it's my hips, I get such severe pain when I first get on that it takes me ages to loosen up so the first 10 15 mins is probably more physio on horse back never mind riding. Thing is I do loosen up but getting there is hell! If I could ride each and every day I think I would improve but due to work and the bloody weather sometimes it's as much as 4 days before I get to ride and I'm back to square one!

What I need is an exercise or exercise machine to put me in the riding position and stretch those muscles, I've been looking at the ijoyride but the damn thing is £400, bit much if it doesn't help so I've invented the next best thing! I have a gym ball, it bucked me off yesterday, I'm told I should lunge it first! :laugh: Anyway I have now sat the ball in a laundry basket which stops it bolting with me and raises it up a good 18 inches and my feet are off the floor. Mmmm need stirrups, so googles bareback pad and found a Robinsons one in pretty pale blue for £44, it has to be worth a shot so I ordered it. Can you imagine how this is going to look, me sat on a saddled gym ball on top of a laundry basket! :biglaugh:

I will post a photo, (I think). :biggrin: