UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

I did pop him over a couple of the jumps on wednesday (with huntsmaster watching!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: ) but I'm most definately NOT entering anything on sunday cos I've found out it's not quiet as 'fun' as was first made out!!! Fella that has his horse there told me he entered the last one and he said it was very serious and lots of very expensive and professional horses turn up!!!! They use it as practice for the bigger shows coming up later in the year!!!!!!!!!! Not for me just yet I think!!! :laugh:

That sounds brill fun Clare, great to have someone push you a little bit out of your comfort zone too!! I watched something on the horse& country channel the other day, with Lucinda ??? Someone or other. She was teaching a XC clinic and I thought how much I'd love to try something like that....although she was very scarey and shouted alot!!! :laugh:

You are so lucky having all that on your doorstep.

No one could pay me enough to go on a Lucinda Green clinic. She came to WEC a few times to hold clinics, she made people cry on a regular basis, and some of those were on foot :laugh:

Don't blame you for watching on Sunday, then you will know what to expect when you do the next one :biggrin:

Just thought I would drop me and introduce the absolute horse of my dreams.

The wonderful, the amazing, gentle, kind, unflappable chap that is..

Faro!

Extendedtrot3.jpg

faro6.jpg

FaroshoutingtoShocky.jpg

AND he is a rescue horse!

He is a 16.1 Iberian (PSL x PRE) gelding (as of 6 weeks ago!)

I am so happy, and Cueva has a fantastic home and I have retained an interest in her, so everything has worked out rather well. It has been a long journey!

Ooooh Mist, how very handsome :wub: :wub: :wub:

Jacky I have made NO plans for anything so can fit around you as to what is best :flowers: I have however checked my jods still fit and booked a 1/2 hour private lesson tomorrow so that I can remind my muscles what they are in for :laugh:

my boss from Denmark just rung me! she had goodnews and bad news. She misses me.. (is that good or bad?) but the horses are fine. Only one sad horse news, do you all remember the chestnut gelding she retired due to bad lungs? He is dead now :mecry: He was having a lovely outdoor life with Duchesse the filly, but he developed severe whiteline disease and was very very lame. He always had weak hoofs and was a wuss with pain, and she decided that he shouldn't suffer, as it would mean long time of much pain to him. He had a good last year in retirement, and was let go just 10 days ago. Sleep well Unique :angel:

The much better news is that Unik, with the blue eyes who was also retired last year, is now "uncle" to the 3 colts, and is living the good life up in the field, bossing them about in his usual gentle manner :sleep: She has promised to send me pictures! I am so pleased that he has a new "job", he always liked being important :wub:

Edited by DanishPastry

Sweet dreams Unique, very very sorry :GroupHug: Good that he had a peaceful last year.

You know what the first thing you're going to do with Uniq photos is now don't you :closedeyes:

I had another little ride on Duke today and am feeling all :biggrin: :wub: . We went up and round the farm tracks. It's not our usual tracks as he can't manage lots of big stones without shoes so considering it was a bit new and spooky he was an absolute angel. I think the shock is wearing off him though so I expect him to be nuts by ride 4/5! He was so good, so calm and chilled, I'm sure it's the tonic of being out 24 hrs that helps - as well as 'maturity' of course :laugh:

It was lovvvvvvverly to be out again, even if only for 10 or so minutes. And he still hasn't tried to bite me when I tack him up :wub: :laugh:

We can only go on soft surfaces but apart from the stones he seems great unshod. He hs got typical flatish TB feet. Anyone any experience barefoot with the skinny leg ones?

I did ache a little when I got off, after, erm, 10minutes - oh dear oh dear oh dear :laugh:

Edited by reds

:biggrin: Just back from my lesson and feel knackered :huh: twas nice tho' just on our own so I could just concentrate on what me and Finnigan were doing rather than worry about steering past the ride and stuff.

I did feel nervous cantering down the end of the school where I fell off before, but it was OK. Instructor made me do turns on the forehand? or whatever it's called where the front end pivots and the backend goes round :wacko: and we managed (mostly). Instructor seemed quite pleased with me by the end :)

You will be on the horse, I shall take the photos :D Honestly, girl gets confidence and she's going hands free already :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Faro :wub:

Glad to hear Unik has a new job which he sounds very good at :wub:

Gallop free Unique :GroupHug:

Glad the lesson went well San, hope the aches have faded :biggrin:

Great to hear Duke is enjoying being back in work, sounds like you ache more than he does :laugh: I hope the new calm Duke continues :biggrin:

I have had a nice weekend of hacking, our huge achiement this weekend has been ..... wait for it ...... cantering around a corner :D it is something Loki finds physically and mentally challenging, but he motered round and felt like a real horse, not Bambi on ice with a nervous disorder :laugh:

You will be on the horse, I shall take the photos :D Honestly, girl gets confidence and she's going hands free already :rolleyes:

It's just as well I was taking photos and video too.... Who forgot to take the lens cap off in the excitement?! :wink: :wacko: :laugh: