UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Bradders. Hope you dont feel too sore and stiff. Gentle :GroupHug: for you and Rolo.

I went to a meal last night for the owners at the yard. Had a lovely time but one of the ladies (not knowing who I was, cursed Dexter for how he bucks when he gallops). My face must have been a picture cos everyone laughed. told them I wont be going that fast. Well not intentionally for a long time to come.

Hanging on for twin foalie piccies. :D Glad mum is better

First things first, I think you are long overdue an update on the first foal, now 5 days old. He is a big strong colt, and he already walks in a headcollar and rope as he is quite fresh and has got a mind of his own + his mum is a bit paranoid lol...

Is he a looker or what??

08-64.jpg

08-20.jpg

08-15.jpg

08-13.jpg

08-9.jpg

08-7.jpg

after getting rid of the worst energy in the school, we took him and his mum out in a paddock. She sometimes has some unfortunate behaviours, so I walked her around on a lunge for 10 minutes, while he explored the paddock and got familiar with electrical fencing :happy: We were happy that he reacted wisely by backing and running to his mum for comfort. We can't take any chances with her foals as she completely switches her brain off when anything stressfull happens, at least for the first week or two.

08-10.jpg

08-2.jpg

08-11.jpg

08-43.jpg

Now what you are all waiting for, twin update. Well, mum only had to have one more pain relief last night, after getting on the stronger stuff. We had gotten some emergency bute for her, and after having that at 10pm, she went through the whole night, eating 3 meals and lots of hay, before the vet came again at 9:30 in the morning, and did the whole thing over from yesterday, rinsing out, hormone and antibiotic jabs. Her hormone induced contractions were lot less painfull this time (she ogt given a "good shut" of pain r. at the same time as treatment) and although she got uncomfortable, she was not rolling, or sweating etc, just walked around in the sansachool for about an hour, walking it off.

The boys are so naughty now, "big brother" acts like a normal foal, he can run fast! buck and so on, and "little brother" can canter -of sorts- and do try to do little jumps, but his feet are his worst enemy on that one :wub: :laugh: They love their milk, and have started to chew a bit on the hay as well!

08-21.jpg

08-22.jpg

my little man :wub:

08-18.jpg

08-25.jpg

lunch time!

08-29.jpg

How could you NOT love this face??

08-27.jpg

08-34.jpg

Big brother looking smart

08-37.jpg

little brother

08-38.jpg

please some one post a reply, I have loads more piccies to add lol

:biggrin: good girls.

big one having a scratch

08-35.jpg

where's that milk bar again?

08-41.jpg

full speed on wobbly legs

08-44.jpg

08-45.jpg

:wub:

08-54.jpg

I know this is poor qulaity, but is shows what a stunning head big brother has got

08-48.jpg

following mum

08-50.jpg

hmmm whassat there?

08-52.jpg

08-57.jpg

AND ladies, would you believe it, I have videos!! :biggrin:

You won't really know how cute he is, until you have seen this:

video 1

video 2

I think I win the prize for most foal pics in one night :happy: :happy: