UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Good boy Kane, but please don't make a habit of standing on your back legs, it is not nice for your mum :happy:

When is the showing you were hoping to do with him Jacky?

Rearing I'm fine with (actually he's never done it before so it was quiet novel!!) it's bucking I don't do!!!

Hopefully we are doing a charity show weekend after next! I'm just going to take him in hand this time (I can't be arsed to find the correct gear for myself to be honest!!), might be fun cos Helen is thinking about taking Danny too so if we end up in the same class against each other it will be interesting!! I don't know what classes they'll have but if it's just a general cob class they'll be together!!!!

I don't do bucking either Jacky!!!

Sounds like kane was being a bit of a boy :biggrin:

Just got back from weekend away last night so have not had a chance to look at your video yet Clare, but sounds to me like it went well - especially considering that it was his first time away from home. :) I would say that the jumping sounds fun - but it sounds like torture to me!! :laugh: Glad that you enjoyed it tho!

Noooo that isn't the same horse :laugh: Wow hasn't he grown up :wub:

You must be delighted with the way he is developing :) Who would have thought when I posted the link to the ad for the slightly scraggy looking colts we would be here looking at him now!

I was trying to remember who it was that had put that link up - that means it is all your fault however he turns out!!!

He is growing up really well - totally unfazed by anything - what's the bet he is saving it all up for when I first get on him!!!

Yes, going to back him myself, did quite a lot of it whilst I was at uni - means a lot more now that he is mine though!!!

Busy looking for a yard to move to some time in the next 6 - 10 months that has a school so that I have a bit more safety when I start working with him!!!

Edited by Kimbas_mum

Busy looking for a yard to move to some time in the next 6 - 10 months that has a school so that I have a bit more safety when I start working with him!!!

Sounds like a good plan! We are planning to move Indy for the same reasons (when the time comes) although she will be professionally backed initially..Helen is brave enough to do it but not experienced enough, I'm experienced but not brave enough and Lynn just doesn't want to!! Infact looks unlikely Lynn will ride her at all because she think's she'll already too big!!! :laugh:

Can't wait to see him under the saddle, bet he looks stunning! :wub:

He has had a little saddle/pony pad on his back already and couldn't care less - amazing how chilled he is about everything - just need to start taking him more places so he gets a bit more experience in the big wide world - it's great it being so quiet at the yard - just a bit of a shock to the system when I take him out!!

I put Kanes saddle on Indy's back after I've been hacking and walk her up the field, and she couldn't care less!! I think we're lucky that the road they are next to is very busy at times with caravans and tractors so she's pretty much unfazed by most things, and it being a working farm we have alot of stuff going on all the time! Bicycles are the problem with our foals!! Really need to get on one and cycle around the field!!! :laugh: Also kids! They don't do children (but then neither do I!! :laugh: )

No problem with tractors/trailers etc cos we are at a working farm as well - but about a mile up a track off the road - so lovely and quiet for first work with him - but no good for traffic experience and lots of other horses experience - and the road at the end of the track is pretty bust so don't really want to take him out for a walk on that one - going to have to trailer him somewhere to take him for a walk!!!