UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Nemo's feet went to pot when I changed farriers - he has been back with our old farrier for nearly 2 years now, and one front is only just sorted. He has also taken to being barefoot really well - although his feet could not cope if he was being ridden.

Good to see Nya and hear about Easta again!! Nya is looking great! :)

Rolo has had a bit of a backhanded compliment paid to him - one of the ladies on the yard has, after much soul searching decided to sell he youngster - she wants a Rolo and has asked for the website of the place that I got him from -even after our antics at the weekend! :laugh:

Forced myself to do lots of trotting today - left side is still not woking right, but he went so nicely once I had settled - am really pleased that Sunday does not seemed to have upset us too much :)

Edited by Bradders

Glad you are okay Jen! And you confidence didn't take a dent either! It's just one of those things, he's a very geninue horse and I'm certain it was just a rather dramatic spook and nothing more! :GroupHug:

It's looking good....it's not rained yet..friend I'm riding with has just text to make sure I'm still up for it...might get an evening ride!!!!!!!!!!! This is only the 3rd one of this so called summer!! All the other times it's either rained or she's cancelled on me so I've ended up schooling!!

Managed to get out last night. :biggrin: Lynn came out on Minty...first time in 2 months after her accident, so we said we'd take it very easy and no trotting! Well Minty had other ideas!! She was down the drive and off!! Danny and Kane of course were extreamly wound up too because their 'girl' was back!! :laugh: Brilliant hack, luckily the tide was in when we got to the beach otherwise I think we'd still be gallopping now!!! :laugh: Loved it! Did a 2 hour ride in 1 hour!! :laugh:

Glad the weather finally allowed you to get out Jacky, nothing quite like an evening hack after a hard day at work :)

We haven't hacked for a few weeks now and I miss it so much, we have one narrow track leading into the forest about a mile long, and for a month it is pretty much a no go area as there is a caravaning exhibition in the field at the end, and the traffic is bad, mixed with having to negotiate all the scary signs :rolleyes: Two weeks gone two to go, it is passable in the evenings during the week but the weather has been against us each time I plan to go. I hope to get out tomorrow evening but just checked the forecast :angry:

Sounds like Rolo is none the worse for his adventure on Sunday, hope you are feeling better soon :flowers:

I have a lesson tonight, I have copied my three test sheets for RI so we can work on the bits I consistantly get wrong :mellow:

After Sunday I think we will be having a few days off, it is so easy to get consumed by schooling :wacko:

Hope you enjoyed your hack Jacky - and that the weather held! It is so flippin' changeable at the mo. :rolleyes:

Good luck tonight Clare - and for Sunday too!

Had a lesson with the lady that works for my friend today - she has ridden Rolo several times so knows what he is like, so it was a very interesting experience. At the end she popped on him for a few minutes - rubbish photo belwo was taken on my phone, but she can't half get him to go nicely!!

Oh to be able to ride so nicely!

mimi1_edited.jpg

Woohooo Rolo lookin good :cool: Off to dressage in no time by the look of it :biggrin: He looks bigger in that picture, as in tall not outwards :wub:

Glad to hear the babies are doing well :flowers:

Can anyone recommend a good book to help with rider position?

I have lots - none of them seem to have helped me tho!! :rolleyes:

The Less Than Perfect Rider by Lesley Bailey and Caroline Davis _ Like this very much as it deals with rider's confirmation issues as well!

The Natural Horse by Audrey Townley - if the cover is the same as mine, the girl riding the chestnut on the back cover is the same one riding Rolo above!

Enlightened Equitation by Heather Moffett

You are most welcome to borrow any of them!

Twins are a week old today and still alive which is good :biggrin: :biggrin:

That is great news :biggrin:

He looks bigger in that picture, as in tall not outwards :wub:

:biggrin: He is some sort of walking optical illusion! He looks bigger and feels bigger, but is only just over 14.2!

I have seen the foalies, nah nah nah nah nah :biggrin: :D

The little lad is soooooooo tiny!!! And the cutest little foal I have ever seen :wub: :wub: He looks small on the photos, but is even smaller in real life. The other foals are lovely too, although me thinks the grey mares litle colt is gonna be a right handful when he grows up :laugh:

Thanks for the book offer Bradders :flowers: I have ordered EE, now all I need is some time to read it :laugh:

Got my time for Sunday and I am first in at 9.21, which I am pleased about as it should be quiet in the warmup area, OH is not quite so pleased :laugh:

Got a good telling off from my RI last night after she read my test sheets, the one thing there is no excuse for apparantly is lack of accuracy on a 20m circle :blush02: which has been commented on all my tests. She spent the whole lesson shouting "and there goes another mark" :laugh: So my goal for Sunday is to a. not fall off, and b. to get my circles accurate.

Have booked myself on the showjumping clinic tomorrow, so a busy weekend!

Blimey Clare theres no stopping you!! :flowers: So proud of you both.

Had to cancel my XC lesson. :angry: Vet thinks I should leave it at least 2 months because of his splint. Good news though, my friend is bringing her horse over for a week in august (I've booked a week of half days off work) so we can do loads of hacking together so that will make a nice change. And the other good news is Lynn's got her box now!!! :biggrin: Okay neither of us are happy to drive it...but Paul has said he'll give us lesson's round the land and put one of the cattle in so we can get used to something heavy without having the wibble of it being one of our horses! I'll happily pull anyone's horse..it's just Kane that I'll get nervous with cos he's my boy!! :rolleyes: (Even though he travels perfectly!!)

Lucky Xandra, I'm so jealous!!! :flowers:

Hope all goes well for you in the dressage Clare.

Will has moved on to his next stage of training, he is now happily taking a bit so I took him for a walk with his bridle on and a roller on, he didn't bat an eyelid, although he did insist on sticking his tongue out a lot - probably just getting used to the idea of a bit but if it doesn't stop I might try him with a different bit in. He is currently in a straight bar happymouth fulmer - he has a really shallow mouth so didn't want to use a single jointed, if he doesn't settle with it I might try a double jointed and see what he thinks, suggestions welcome - I'm going to end up with the biggest bit collection in history, I've already got loads from trying to find one that would work with Apple!!!