UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gossip From Scampi

AlTRPD

Every now and again I do wake up and pay attention to what the human beans say when around here and last night I overheard something really shocking! (No, not how Santa Paws isn't visiting me this year!) :unsure:

Present in the room were that long-haired bloke who smells like a horse and is owned by a fawn scruff-bitch like me, but bigger; that little blondie woman who smells like old sheep dogs and horse, and my mum, who often smells like ducks and chickens. Well, having a right serious conversation, they were, and about whether or not to place an order for all the fittings, fabric and webbings that were either out of stock or running low at TRPD's HQ. The convo went something like this...

Long-Haired Bloke: 'Roughly what is it all going to cost?'

Mum: 'Conservatively, about £1,500 if I order it all. About £1,000 if just the essentials and good selling things like the faux fur for those throws.'

Little blond: 'And if not?'

Mum: 'If not, then I can't complete a lot of things like coats that are just waiting for straps, which will affect things like the Coldies and Oldies project and the plans for Christmas parcels; oh, and some orders.'

Long-haired bloke: 'I think it's reached the point where, if sales don't improve, we just accept that changes have to be made and the onus has to be on the group's members to decide how much the various projects mean to them and whether that is enough to keep it all going at this level. Let's face it, they get super quality products and excellent value for their own pets, even with the postage, and can see for themselves where all the profits go and what animals and rescues benefit - having a direct say in that, too.'

Little blond: 'What about if this big order goes in, but the sales don't generate enough to pay for it and we end up having to cover it out of our group's funds or even a loan out our own pockets, then we say 'that's it' and just use up whatever materials remain, as best we can, and call it a day when that's gone?'

Long-haired bloke: 'I think it will have to come to that. Sadly, many people don't realise or appreciate what they've got until it's gone. Perhaps if they do value it, it isn't too late, but at the moment it's touch and go.'

Okay, so this IS gossip I am passing on, but it smelled very much like it was straight out of the horse's mouth, and there are lots and lots of doggy rescues that would be affected all over the country if things don't improve soon.

If YOU want to help, please visit: TRPD - Pet Craft Project Sales and treat your pets to some lovely extras for Christmas. They will really appreciate it, and at the same time you'll be helping to ensure the project can continue to help lots of other less fortunate dogs in rescues and foster homes all over the country and in Ireland too.

Thank you.

Scampi MyPictures0035A.jpg

Edited by AlTRPD

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: I do try and enourage people to use you....I myself have the most fanastic dog coats that my boys are proud to wear (half the price of other places...and they are actually waterproof unlike some that pretend to be!!)

Think I might just have a little wander over to your pages to have another lookie!!! :wink:

Kathy, there are some of those coats in the bilberry check available now, and I have some cut out to bind, but do you want navy or burgundy binding, please? Once the ordered fittings arrive, I'll be able to get these finshed.

On the subject of Bilberry check, we have just half a roll of that fabric remaining and, as it was from stock destined for M & S and was bought when they moved their contracts overseas, it cannot be replaced. Once it has gone, that will be it. :( If anyone wants coats in that fabric - which is super quality - please order/buy ASAP to avoid disappointment.

Kathy, I think your blankets worked out at £45 all together, but Margaret has the details.

Thanks, everyone who has ordered and/or plans to.

May I suggest your doggy pals would look really good for Christmas wearing some of the lovely, braid decorated and sparkly collars and leads or harnesses over Christmas - a bit like the pretty decorations I see going up already in some houses around here. :unsure:

There are going to be some fab Christmas stockings available soon off Alibullie and Viv, too, and with your dogs' and cats' names on. (Hint to my mum, and I'd like mine filled to the brim with meaty treats, please. :rolleyes: )

Thanks.

MyPictures0031A.jpg Scampi

I have it on good authority that there will be some more faux fur throws available very soon, 'cos they are on order. Trouble is, they go almost as fast as they are listed. That means it's best to key your eyes peeled and grab then quick when you see them.

MyPictures0030.jpg Scampi