UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gossip From Scampi

AlTRPD

The TRPD Pet Craft Project's Grand Auction - including all the available faux fur throws - is now open here: Christmas Auction to enable Presents to be sent to Rescued Doggies!

Please support it, and the stores in Santa' Paw's Grotto and help make sure lots of rescued animals get a Christmas gift.

Santa Paw's Grotto where members are adding lovely things they have made to help and as they make them.

Merlin, eating your business just ain't on, mate. I much prefer eating what comes out of the business end of a chicken or duck, and have finally sussed where the clucking white fluffy bird is hiding hers... and they tasted very nice, too, 'cos I scoffed the lot earlier tonight. :wink: :hehehmn: Mum says she's gonna stay upwind of me tonight... think she must mean updraft of me. :biggrin: :who-let-rip:

Jackson, get your mum to measure you around the chest and whatever you are now, maybe allow about 4" extra to grow into for the time being, would be my suggestion... (Excuse me a sec... :who-let-rip: ) Sorry, starting to pay the price for stealing off that clucking white fluffy bird's eggs. :unsure: Is that why they calls it 'fluffing'?

Scampi (the fluffer) Scruffhound.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

managed to get on here because Mum's eyes are sore, serves her right for spending too much time on here instead of playing with me.

Jackson, Mum put Joe's harness onto a 10 to 12 week old pup the other day, fully open it will probably fit a 24" chest.

Scampi, how about a sample, next time your mum posts something to mine, put some in for me to taste.

Merlin, do you reckon the Royal Snail could manage to get some to you intact - that if we can find that Royal Snail. Snails ain't very big, and perhaps just one of the clucking fluffy bird's eggs might be too heavy and squash it?

There's not many bids on them faux fur throws, so we might be lucky and get one each, but please remind your mum to record my bid for number 11. It's just my size to curl up on.

I heard it said them big, fancy lined throws usually retail for over £80! Now can you explain to me how a throw can re-tail anything that's lost its tail? Got me right flummoxed that has. Does it mean the terrier down the road with only a stumpy little tail can get a new one for £80?... Think that's about what my mum had to pay for me to have a couple of little balls removed from under me. They used to be dangling down between my hind legs but after a visit to the vet, who sent me to bye-byes for a while, they vanished. Wonder where they went? I don't suppose they are in the auction, but I did hear tell they have loads of cat balls for sale in it... I wonder what cat balls taste like?

Scampi the Curious

Hey, guess what I just learned? Remember that special, naturally tanned leather with the special dressing to help keep it supple despite the British weather? Well, there's some leads made from it going to arrive soon in Santa Paw's Grotto! I was taking to Moss, the collie, earlier, and he says that tastes really nice. He knows, because he once chewed up a pair of stirrup leathers made from it. :laugh: Come to think of it, I am sure someone said something about there being a chance of a pair of stirrup leathers coming and made from that leather, too. :)

Scampiyawn.jpg

Scampi

and My mums just put a bright cerise pink 4' long silky dog bed in that auction to.

I'm not impressed me and my little Titchy brother had our eyes on that, we reckon Jack might fit on it to and Mums already wrapped it, think she must have heard us planning with the cats how we could snaffle it.

Rufus Welshie dog.

Unfortunately cerise pink doesn't suite me but it does suite my sisters, Gracie and Bonnie, they look quite pretty in it. I wonder if that bed would be big enough for me, I am 28" tall, maybe not, but it will be big enough for the others.

You may have lost your balls Scampi, so have I but I also lost 6" of my tail :ohmy: then mum wonders why I won't run.

I have seen those cat balls, no wonder cats are the way they are when they have balls like that, full of holes and only small, won't even fill my mouth up.

The most handsome Merlin :wub:

Bones are not very comfy to lie on, Maddie, blankets are much nicer. Besides, you can always dig up old, smelly and nicely matured bones when out on walks. I found a lovely rotting sheep carcass in a ditch the other day. Foxes had already been having a go at it, but there was still plenty left for me to grab a bone before Moss's dad (whom we were taking for a walk) realised what I was up to. Moss then had a good roll in it, and Mum was not pleased about the smell when we got home. She made him go out into the back passage to sleep. :laugh: I just made sure she didn't get wind of my breath. :)

There are lots of things being made here at the moment and for Christmas presents for doggies in care. There is a big pile of blankets building up in the kitchen. I am sure Mum siad she wanted to get 30 of those done, and the same for coats, collars, leads and training leads, which are what will be going into the doggy parcels.

Two warm coats for Paddy and Smokie at Lizzie's Barn Animal Sanctuary were posted off to them yesterday, and there are several parcels piled up now that are destined for rescues in Ireland and leaving on Thursday.

By supporting this project, everyone can feel good able helping to make sure lots more rescued animals benefit. :)

I am feeling in a good mood today, so might decide to donate my tatty old pink quilt to Moss and that mad Megan bitch to use in their den in the back passage. They have ripped up their last blanket and then Megan did naughty things all over it! :ohmy: She is not the full ticket, I know but really, fancy doing that to her bedding? :(

First the bad news... There are only a couple of days to go before the auction ends and I have been outbid on that lovely faux rabbit mat. :( I tried digging a hole into the sofa to see if there was any extra lost pennies lurking inside it, but Mum gave me a dirty look. I don't think she realises just how much I really, really fancy that mat.

But the good news is, four Christmas parcels have now be despatched on their journey's to recued doggies, and some more are nearly ready to go and when funds allow for postage. :)

I also learned that Paddy and Smokie received their warm coats and those met with their approval. :) (I really must have another dig into those sofa cushions for more cash to bid on my mat! )

Scampi

Hmmm... stuffed rabbit cushions sound like a good idea, Rudy. Perhaps I'll mention that to Allibullie and Viv the Witch?

Only a couple of hours left before the auction ends and I have hunted high and low for a few more pennies to secure that rabbit rug but without any luck. :( I am having to make do with Mum's pillows, and apparently that's not going down too well 'cos she says I am moulting on them and they are getting al hairy. Hairs like that don't bother me. I mean, I wouldn't be wanting a hairy rabbit fur rug to lie on if it did, now would I?

Not long to go before 8pm and the auction closing... wonder if there's a lost money box out in the garden? There's a black and white rabbit there though that might be handy for a cushion, though? Cheers for the tip, Rudy. :biggrin:

Scampi

Would you believe it... the auction closed and my mum only then realised she'd forgotten to list one of the massive fur throws! I did try to tell her not to worry, and that I was sure I could find a use for it, but the message isn't getting through. She on about doing a little supplimentary auction to clear that and the various other items she forgot to add to the sale!

Watch this space and I'll tip you all off when it is. :biggrin:

Scampi (the soaked) - bloomin' rain and hail belted down when I went out to help find and eat the eggs this evening. :(

I'm getting worried again... At 8 pm tonight they are going to be auctioning plants on the TRPD forum... Last week it was fur throws and other things, now it is plants and little trees. I hope they'll not start auctioning bigger ones, else what will I have to c*** my leg up? Also, whatever next might they sell? Mum's been giving me the odd sideways look lately. :ohmy:

Edited by AlTRPD

• 2 weeks later...

There are some strange going on... :wacko: over on the Pet Craft Project forum, doggy pals.

Rumours and gossip flying around that it is closing down and that ALL the stock is going off on a train somewhere! :unsure:

It's all too much for an old dog like me to take in, so perhaps some of you younger pups can make sense of it all?

The first Chaos & Clutter Bargain train still has some vacant seats if you fancy a trip...

Chaos & Clutter Clearance Auction

It's all too much for an old dog to figue out, but I do know the tree didn't land on Mum's car yesterday, it just missed it. We went down the chickens' place after but they hadn't layed me a single egg, the meanies. Hope they lay me one today. :glare:

Scampi Scruffhound