UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gossip From Scampi

AlTRPD

Ooh thats sounds intertesting Scampi. Im a bit confused here my mummy keeps putting pieces of paper and it comes out with big words and pictures of dogs wearing trpd items. Apparently its called a poster and people can put them up in work. These funny people i mean who wants to cover their place in paper!!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posters now! Is that 'for sale' posters, Rudy Bunny? :mellow:

I'm getting awful uncomfy, all the goings on around here and talk of clearance sales and groups closing down... I do hope my mum has hidden something nice for me somewhere? It looks like sacks of lovely things are going out of here for the postman but not much coming in... Still not much coming out of those chicken's for me, though... just one broken duck egg is all I got today.

Talking of ducks, Rudy, I did hear that long-haired bloke was being accused of shooting at ducks and that some mad Irish man had thrown his computer out of his bedroom window, and some others had been waking a dead pig! :wacko: Surely if a pig is dead, it can't be woken up... can it? Someone said Alibullie's Roxy dog must have been out all night waking that pig and knocking back 'black stuff' when they saw her all crashed out and legless over the bars of a chair. I'm sure that can't be right?

Can someone please tell me what waking a pig has to do with anything doggy?

There are still some seats left on the train, though, and I think theres a carriage (box) of stuff destined to be loaded onto the next train... I HEARD that the first train might even pull into the station late tonight and the second one leave it, but it was one of the budgies that said it, and you never know whether to believe them. They talk non-stop and even chat in the dark and disturb my sleep. Right chatterboxes and gossips, those budgies, Rudy... I'd play trains with you, though. You could be the train, and I could be a passenger running to catch the train... I can run very fast for an old dog, you know. :wink:

Scampi Scruffhound

Edited by AlTRPD

• 2 weeks later...

'For Sal'e posters? I surely hope not. My mummy would never dream of selling me. Apparently its something to do with though comfy blankets and other more doggie items that your mum has lots of.

Yes i saw poor Roxy legless. Wishing i had been at that party :biggrin: looks like it was lots of fun.

Have you been buried under lots of blankets and coats again Scampi?

Oh, Rudy, I spoke too soon when I said there were lots of things coming in here but not much going out! That huge man-person that has to turn sideways to get his shoulders in through the front door called on Sunday night. He'd been somewhere called the 'Mid Lands' and had brought bags and bags of stuff here from there! :unsure: One of the bags was for me, though and that had an old yellow eiderdown thing in. :) Trouble is, there was nowhere to put it for me to lie on for all the other bags! :mad: They were sliding down onto my sofa and landing on me! :mecry:

I made my displeasure known to my mum. 'Mum,' I said, 'hurry up and get these Chaos & Clutter auction trains moving faster, 'cos I want my sofa back!'

I think she is taking the hint, and she took four sacks off to the car and said she was off to meet a Moorland Minx witch last night called Viv. I thought she could have taken the witch a LOT more than only four bags of stuff, though. :wacko:

All this talk of Mid Lands and witches, and the long-haired one living with a Hobbit... well is it any wonder there's gossip and unrest for us critters? Add to that, all the rain seems to mean the chickens and ducks have stopped laying eggs - but I managed to find one this morning and pinched it. Mum wasn't very pleased because she needs three dozen for orders... He, he, he! :biggrin: Serve her right for not clearing all the stock fast enough and letting me have my sofa and some peace and quiet!

Something must be getting through to her - she just said that the auction currently running WILL end later today and the next one be posted. That even though there are LOTS of items without a single bid on them! Someone could have some lovely bargains today for their pets! :cool: They would only need to look here...

Second Chaos & Clutter Clearance Auction

Scampi Scruffhound

Edited by AlTRPD

I was right! The second Choas & Clutter Auction train pulled into the station yesterday and the third one pulled out! :biggrin:

Mum's muttering about lots of payments not yet being received for the first one, and being anxious to get the items in the post out of the way and to make space for us all to relax a bit without things doing fally-downs on any of us. :unsure:

If anyone's forgotten to check their winnings, or wants to see what's on offer currently, please check out the threads in this link to the Chaos & Clutter forum index: Were you a winner? Will you be one?

Mum says we're cancelling Christmas next year and in favour of holding 'Dogmas' or 'Catmas' Days at quieter times of the year... Lots of people and some rescues think it is a much better idea. :rolleyes: Me, too!

Scampi Scruffhound :wink:

Bunnymas or even Ratmas sounds fine to me and if it helps stop all these fally-downs ON me, Rudy!... Just one question, though, 'What do us dogs get to eat on Bunnymas Days, please?' :biggrin: Welsh Rarebit?

Which reminds me, I didn't find any eggs today down the chooky-birds place and I looked everywhere, too! I even risked being chased out of the quacky-bird's shed by the big nasty hissy-bird when looking for eggs in there! Nearest thing to an egg I have found today was a noisy-birds one, and that had been sat on for a while then thrown out of their nest because it was addled. I'll never get fat on a single, tiny noisy bird's egg, I'd need dozens of them to make a decent dog-sized meal.

Think I'll go and raid the kitchen bin and see what treats I can find to lick in there... I found an out of date yoghurt in there last night, but that pesky Kira pinched it and ran off to gobble it all down herself, the greedy bitch. It is time she grew big enough to reach inside the kitchen bin for herself; Megan and Moss do, and even tip it over to get at the goodies, which I never do. I always remove things nicely and one at a time, although why Mum should expect me to put them back when I've licked them clean beats me! I mean, she's forever having to clean up after M & M, and even if she only pops out to the bathroom. Let's face it, if I did put my findings back in the bin, that pair would only tip them all out again all over the floor, so why should I bother? :angry:

Scampi - the disgruntled and hard done by Scruffhound

It's terrible... there are only about 4 items out of 20 that have bids on in the latest Chaos & Clutter Clearance auction. See:

This Link for a bargain!

I know my mum has a stack of nice coats and raincoats all lined up to list for the next batch, and once she lists those, the sale at the above link could end very quickly! Come on doggy pals, drag your mums and dads to their 'puters and tell them what you want for Christmas before you miss out. :cool:

'All I want for Christmas is no fally-downs

Fally-downs, fally-downs...'

Scampi Scruffhound. (The ducking and diving out of the way hound!)

It still is open, Rudy, but not for long...

4th Chaos & Clutter Clearance - ends tonight!

My mum's got the last few things together to finish the list for the fifth one, and has started to prepare a post for the sixth one to start listing.

I can't believe the bargains some are getting - and lots of things don't even have a bid yet. :dry:

I also overheard Mum talking about another special project and getting a deal on special, wipe-over fabric for making waterproof dog bed covers for a place near the seaside in Devon and where old dogs go to enjoy their final days - Tailends, it's called. I also heard there are rabbits to chase there. :) I did wonder if I might take a little rabbit chasing holiday there, but it's a bit cold at this time of year. Think I prefer curling up my nice cosy sofa, although I did chase one of the fluffy-birds around the garden yesterday... Well, it was rabbit coloured and was darting and dashing about in front of me when I was doing my mad-dash-about to keep warm, and aslo to beat Mum to check all the nests for eggs. :angry: Those chooky-birds are not very obliging at the moment. I've not found an egg to steal in days. Still, today was the shortest day of the year, so perhaps they'll start laying again soon and as the nights draw out again.

BTW, Rudy, I saw some catkins out already when out on a walk. Never seen them out so early before... must be to do with that global warming thing everyone's on about?

Scampi the Sofa-hound

Oh, Rudy, if only the fally-downs had all gone away into the post sacks, but that isn't the case at all! For a start, and despite my mum taking two sacks and some heavy boxes to the post office today and that I heard her say cost £54.12p to post :ohmy: , there are still things left here that were sold several sales ago, but people must have forgotten about, as they have yet to send their payments in. :huh:

There are also over a dozen big storage boxes here full up with things - yes, even after sending off all those Christmas parcels to rescues - and on top of those boxes, there are lots and lots of fally-downs that can't fit into the boxes and in the shape of dozens of dog coats and blankets packed into plastic bags. Always falling down, they are. :mellow:

Today it was worse than ever because that huge shouldered fellow - him who has to turn sideways to get in through the front door - came to put the new table together. Well, Mum had to drop everything to move fally-downs off the old table and out of the way, so they got stacked up higher than ever... so slid down in greater profusion onto Big-Shoulders, the new table and the floor. :( That was not a good idea.

Big-Shoulders was not impressed either. Mind you, he wasn't before the fally-downs started doing their thing because when he unpacked the new table to put it together he found the table's joints were very poorly put together. Mum nearly had a fit when she saw those and even phoned the shop. They weren't very helpful, and Mum told them she won't be buying anymore furniture from them in future. Indeed, she's going to some place tomorrow to have new legs made for the table. She muttered something about them not being fit for a dog to c*ck his leg up, but I'm a good dog and don't do things like that anyway... but perhaps I should warn Moss in case he gets the urge?

I don't think it will be long before the sixth Chaos and Clutter Sale starts, Rudy. That long-haired fellow was talking to Mum on the phone today and says he's okay to drive again, so wants to come over at the weekend. Something about clearing a load of 'Pool Stock' and another project being on the cards soon to help rescued animals. First, though, they want to get a great load of things done for Tailends and out of the way. :) I know one parcel was sent off to them today and it weighed over 7 kilograms... it slide off the back of the sofa and nearly landed on me, but for my fast reactions! I mean to say, 7 kilograms would be like having half of Kira leaping on one from a great height and that would not be funny! I am at least five whole inches taller than her but she's heavier than me! What a lard-pot, eh?

Anyway, please reassure all your pals that there are still lots and lots of bargains and plenty of fally-downs still to be cleared, and that likely before those lush and luxurious faux fur throws get listed, too. You should just see the stunningly stripy faux fur I've been drooling at lately... why, if Mum were to consider treating me to that, I might even volunteer to bath daily for the pleasure of being allowed to sleep upside-down on it. :wub: Alas, with all the mud around here lately, I could do with a bath now, and definitely need a new hairbrush 'cos that manky Moss-collie got hold of mine and chewed it all up. :angry:

Scampi - the scruffier than usual Scruff-hound

Nice one, Rudy...

Latest Clearance Auction - with pictures.

I am beginning to think it will take us years to clear all the lovely stuff that's here. Sacks and sacks, and boxes and boxes of it went out to rescues before Christmas, too.

We will have to put our thinking caps on, Rudy, and figure out ways to clear some more out, too. There's a project running for Hope Rescue at the moment and Mum's been busy cutting stuff out, but she seems to have trouble sitting down to sew or type at the moment... :laugh: Something about an abcess, I think. :wink: She went off to see the human vet woman the other day, but didn't take me with her. Not to worry, I have been keeping her bed warm. :)

I am going to have fally-downs out of the freezer for my tea tonight when they are cooked. A whole pack of sausages fell out of the freezer into my water bowl, so mum is cooking them for me. :D I might share some with Kira-hound if she's good. We like tjse kinds of fally-downs. :laugh:

Scampi