UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

As there are a few Queen fans on here, I must share a story about my friend Chrissie catching an escaped husky a few days ago at a seaside caravan site in Hornsea, East Yorks.  The husky had jumped from the balcony of a static caravan and headed to the beach.  Chrissie offered to help and managed to follow his tracks through the dunes, and eventually found a freshly caught, half eaten gull. A bit further on was a poo containing feathers, so she had the direction he was headed. She had asked his people if there was anything he particularly liked to hear, such as a song they sang or noise they made. They said he loved Queen music, and fortunately Chrissie does as well and knows all the lyrics to all the songs.  She sat on a high point in the dunes, and sang all the way through an album, and when she started on Bohemian Rhapsody a pair of ears popped up above the dune grasses. Soon he emerged, with the other half of the gull in his mouth. She repeated the song, having texted the owner where she was and asked them to come asap before she lost her voice. Husky came closer and finally right up to her, before dropping the gull and moving close enough for her to drop a slip lead on him, just before her voice went completely. 

As for funerals, I have told everyone I don't want one in any shape or form, but if people want to get together for a tea party that is fine, but no one may sing unless they are a bird, and there is to be no poetry. Strictly a nibble and a natter. 

What I would really like would be a bog burial in the tradition of my ancestors at the nature reserve, but I am sure the Notts Wildlife Trust would have a problem with that. 

Edited by owl
  • Like 1

Great story Owl. I'm sitting here chuckling.

It was very wet this morning so Ruby and I went to the beach and managed a walk as there was no one about, only a few erstwhile dog walkers in the distance. It was lovely to get some sea air despite the fact we got soaked.

Henry has arrived at my friends and is settling in. The children absolutely love him and the feeling is mutual. He's very gentle around them and seems to be watching over them to make sure they are OK. He's had a little play with Chase, the resident dog, in the garden but after Chase got a little bit boisterous, although Henry took it in his stride, my friends slowed it all down and then seperated them to give Henry peace.

• Like 2

Love the story, Owl.  Queen are one of my favourite groups though I don't think the new singer can hold a candle to Freddie.

That's great news about Henry, Yantan .  Good that he's so well behaved with the children.

I said I fancied the idea of the Viking longship funeral, set alight to sail into the sunset.  Philip looked thoughtful and then said how about a rowing boat on the canal? Not quite the same!

51 minutes ago, suzeanna said:

Love the story, Owl.  Queen are one of my favourite groups though I don't think the new singer can hold a candle to Freddie.

That's great news about Henry, Yantan .  Good that he's so well behaved with the children.

I said I fancied the idea of the Viking longship funeral, set alight to sail into the sunset.  Philip looked thoughtful and then said how about a rowing boat on the canal? Not quite the same!

Just talking to a friend, they did that for her dad, a little Viking long ship, 

Following instructions dictated by a very patient tech support person and written down by me the other day, I gathered my courage and reset smartphone to factory settings then reinstalled everything. It works!  Whew! A pity about my allergy as I could use a stiff drink. 

• Like 2

Well done owl! 

O.k, so horrible neighbours rented the house out, new neighbours moved in today....dad had to go round at 22.25, still hammering, he knocked and just explained he could hear the banging...the lady apologised and said she didn't want to fall out with anyone on her first day and that they were in the loft...dad said you won't fall out, we had awful trouble with the neighbours for years and he isn't having it again, he said he has to be up at 5.40 for work, she said it would stop immediately, the hammering has stopped but there's loads of crashing about... hopefully just for one night

Dry here but the midgies are out. Will have to steal myself  to  hang washing out.

Still ploughing through getting the house organised. 

Lovely that the husky responded to the Queen overture. He has good taste.

Glad you enjoyed a wet walk on the beach. I used to love walking my reactive dog on rainy days as there was nobody else daft enough to be out walking.

Owl, you could have a woodland burial. 

One of my dallies is buried in a pet woodland cemetery. For some reason I did not want him cremated although those before and after him were. I don' t know why I felt different about him.

•  

I keep the dogs collars. I have them on a decorative cone. my big dogs I used to have are at the bottom and my last tinies collars are at the top. I used to keep them on the bed post, but there was no room left and I didn't want to split them up

the dogs zooplus order will be here soon. Merlin will be upset, they didn't have his hooves, but got extra scalp that they loved last time. but, now I have bought a load of it, will they want it lol they were giving away royal canin yorkie gift boxes,  I love free gifts. its got wet and dry food in it, didn't see anything else