UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Welcome home Gooster!

Thinking of Toby cat.

Feel very low and weepy this morning which isn't like me. Coping ok with all the sadness over the pups, but someone attacked me on the local rescue group FB page last night, threw toys out of pram and left group. I hadn't put my tactless foot in it in my usual style, I had made a post which no one else has a problem with and this lady for some reason thought it was an attack on her, and said even if it wasn't I have no business to write the way I do and should get off my (very bad word) high horse. Others explained and tried to pacify her, but she objects so strongly to my existence that she won't be on any group which has ever had me in it. She has never met me or spoken to me on phone, or even exchanged PMs. Funny thing, people go effing and blinding on FB, but it's me who is accused of being horrible. I don't even have a high horse to be on, the equine lodgers are all no higher than my waist hehe.

morning

not a happy bunny.

the rescue thats just been taken over by people who arnt as nice have said I cant adopt uncle albert

stupid reasons, none are logical. im ok to have him all this time as a foster

im staying calm ......

Jazz, that's dreadful. Why on earth not? Is it because they think they would lose a foster space?

Shame about Uncle Albert Jazz...do they have an alternative home for him? If not, seems rather strange they won't let you keep him!

My comp was acting up earlier, but seems to be behaving now thank heaven, we've got enough expense at the moment without it joining the party and giving up.

Jazz :GroupHug: Are they letting him stay with you as a foster for the time being?

Thinking all good thoughts for Toby cat.

Having mental image of Owl on miniature horse :unsure: :laughingsmiley: It sounds like that woman has a problem, not you, and at least if she's left the fb group she can't be attacking you.

Glad your PC is ok Suzeanna

Just ignore em Owl, bet she wouldn't be so rude if she spoke to you face to face. A lot of people hide behind their computers and spout all kinds of rubbish :angry:

Hope you manage to keep Uncle Albert Jazz :flowers:

Am currently uploading Egypt piccies to Photobucket so I can bore show you all :biggrin:

That woman sounds like a nutter Owl. Please don't let her get to you, she's the one with the problem not you. As Gooster says it's easy to hide behind a keyboard. Look at how well regarded you are here :)

Alicia that all sounds very odd. I hope you can carry on fostering but I wouldn't be at all surprised if you decided not too after this. Did they give you a sound reason as to why they don't want to let you adopt uncle Albert?

Mental picture here of Owl whizzing down the hill astride a mini horse, with roller skates on her feet and Wispa loping alongside! I hope you eventually got some sunshine in Egypt Jayne, it's very disappointing to go somewhere with "guaranteed sun" and get rain, it happened to my daughter a couple of years or so ago when she went to Lanzarote in February and got rained on for a week.

Lol, hope the mealworms don't get you Yantan

Owl....totally agree with the others... take no notice of the cyber nutter

Gooster... i am off to admire your holiday pics in a moment

Hope Toby cat will be o.k, my tripawd cat is 15 now and like toby is a rear amputee.... i think if anything happened to his remaining leg i may give wheels a thought as he only really mooches round the house and back garden now

Jazz..... how very odd, they are happy to have you as a fosterer but not as an adopter...... selfish as it may sound i think i would be volunteering for another rescue unless they gave a bl**dy good reason

Suzeanna, glad your computer is o.k..... mine is bugging the hell out of me at the moment (it isn't even a year old yet)

has anyone heard from Houndzrus? haven't seen her in here for a while

Sorry to hear that woman upset you Owl. Take heart from the fact that you are grown up enough to know when you have put your foot in it and so you know it isn't you. Some people behave in very peculiar ways. I hope you haven't left the group though he either needs to leave or grow up (preferably the latter).

Jazz- peculiar people strike again. Sorry they won't let you adopt him. Hope he hasn't got another home lined up so e can stay with ou anyway xxx

Welcome back Jayne, I appreciate the effort with the sunshine today, but it appears you have brought back a rain cloud or two as well. Any chance of returning them??

I am so tired. I went to the gym last night rather than running in the wind, even though I was stupid tired. In hindsight I should probably have just gone to bed. As it was I skipped dinner. Today I am so tired and need my bed. 4.5 hours left of work.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Be proud of all you achieve Owl, keep the company of people you trust who make you feel good about yourself and don't allow the strange behaviour of an isolated individual knock you off track. What none of us know is what else might be going on to prompt this persons over the top and irrational behaviour - they may be ill, upset about something else & your post has just been their way of venting. Unfair though it is they probably have a lot more problems & a lot less freinds than you do.

Welcome back Gooster.

Sending best wishes to surviving pups in UK, Sri-Lanka and hoping Toby cat will be okay.

Jazz - do you and owl have the same nutty stalker??? More very odd behaviour. The world is a strange place sometimes.

On a different note, WagTails House has a brand new rear fence. 5ft 6" sturdy post & rail with wire attached so should keep any visitors dog out of the sheep field but still keep the lovely countryside view of natural ferny bank, attractive tree and rolling hillside behind. I am lucky to have good friends looking after the house who sorted it all out for me with the fencing chap.