UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Blackberry

Houndwoman

It is with very much sadness I have to tell you that dear Blackberry Beagle has gone to the Bridge :mecry:

We had to call the vet in last night and she was put to rest at 9pm after enduring a very bad few hours.

She wasn't very good yesterday morning and deteriorated through the day until she got to the stage where she was fighting for her breath and became very uncomfortable. I could tell by the way she was looking at us that she needed to be helped and we coudn't stand the thought of her suffocating to death which is what would have happened.

We sat with her while she was helped on her way and we stroked her and talked to her until she left. She left very quickly and peacefully.

She is now laid out here in the house and we are going to lay her to rest in our own pet cemetary with her other Bridge friends who have gone before. We will do that later on this evening.

She carried her illness bravely and we didn't know how seriously ill she was until 4 weeks ago. She just managed to 'soldier on' somehow as most Beagles/Hounds do.

I cannot believe that she recently managed to complete the Malvern walk without showing any sign of serious illness-it was several days later when we found out that she had lung cancer.

She was such a treasure and we are heartbroken.

When I feel more up to it I will do a little tribute to her.

Thank you all :wub:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic