UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

When Things Go Wrong.....with Your Body!

tegk68

Great effort!!!

Specially for Val and Jazz.... :laughingsmiley:

Here's my latest injury... I fell down the stairs and used my little toe as a brake, it dislocated but I didnt take snaps before putting it back sorry :sick01:

I dont bruise easily so not a great rainbow of colour, quite impressive for me :rolleyes:

100_0380.jpg

100_0381.jpg

Oooh ouch, that's a mirror image of the injury I had three years ago, right down to the dislocation. Did you put it back in yourself? :GroupHug: :flowers:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err... yes... :barf: but I didnt think about it, I just did it

Well done, I didn't know mine was dislocated so had it done at the hospital. The doctor had to "catch" my foot first though, as I am very ticklish! He said he'd never had anyone laugh their way through having a joint put back in! :laugh: (it hurt as well :unsure: )

Great effort!!!

Specially for Val and Jazz.... :laughingsmiley:

Here's my latest injury... I fell down the stairs and used my little toe as a brake, it dislocated but I didnt take snaps before putting it back sorry :sick01:

I dont bruise easily so not a great rainbow of colour, quite impressive for me :rolleyes:

100_0380.jpg

100_0381.jpg

Ouch - that's quite impressive Chasta :wacko:

And putting it back in yourself - you're a braver peson than me :unsure:

PS Thanks for indulging us :flowers: I lead such a boring life these days :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I had a knee op last Friday.

Sadly for you guys, it was only keyhole.

Three holes though, I expected two.

I'm not allowed to uncover it till day 10, then the stitches come out, sorry for the big disappointment :(

2009_03030004.jpg

2009_03030005.jpg

The yellow stuff is iodine from the op and yes, I DO have horribly dry skin at the moment :mecry:

The good news is, I'm getting either a knee replacement or realignment (bone-scrape-rebuild-type-job) so I should have much better stuff fo show you in the next year or so :biggrin:

Well we do have a bit of leakage on one dressing so that's fairly impressive Oooky :flowers:

My friend, who will be 89 in a couple of weeks, had her knee replaced 3 weeks ago. She was out of hospital the same day, walking the day after on crutches which she threw away after 2 days in favour of a stick. She has just discarded that this week. She says life is excellent once more and she can't wait to get back to her 3 and 4 hour walks with her little dog! (Err, which is what caused her knee trouble in the first place :rolleyes: )

• 4 weeks later...

So after the chainsaw arthroscopy I was given naproxen, (anti inflam) and soluble asprin, fairly normal sort of drugs. I just decided to be allergic to either or both, not only do I have a raging, itchy rash I have swollen eyes and a baggy face, I look a right state with piggy eyes! So now I'm on antihistamines!

ohaye.jpg

So after the chainsaw arthroscopy I was given naproxen, (anti inflam) and soluble asprin, fairly normal sort of drugs. I just decided to be allergic to either or both, not only do I have a raging, itchy rash I have swollen eyes and a baggy face, I look a right state with piggy eyes! So now I'm on antihistamines!

ohaye.jpg

Blinkin' heck, Sandra :ohmy: This has been a bit of a nightmare, hasn't it? :( Are you feeling better now? :GroupHug:

I'm much better thanks, I didn't realise how ill I felt until later if that makes any sense! :laugh: It took a fair while for the baggy face to go down tho and I still itch a bit here and there but I'll survive.

Then I got a text from my niece, 'have you heard about mum' err, what about mum? Next text, 'she's at the hospital'. By then I'd had enough of her cryptic text messages and as I was relaying all this to other sister who was on landline I rang neice on mobile. Cue insane 3 way conversation! Turns out my sister 'fell' on the back doorstep and smacked her teeth through her lip and was bleeding like a stuck pig!!!!!!! I say 'fell' 'cos the concensus is she passed out as she had made no attempt to save herself, her face is a right mess! She's also very shocked and worried but won't admit it. She's stitched up inside her lip and bruised to hell and back, pictures later!

• 3 weeks later...

DSC01334.jpg

#3 son's (the one who had the air ambulance ride) latest effort - that is not a shadow, that's a bruise 24 hours after some horse play at school. Right hand (of course) so he's struggling to hold a pen, so kept him off school today......

• 4 weeks later...

oooooooh wish you could see my hand and arm right now its all puffffffffed up, when they took the final drip out yesterday am they noticed it had gone into the tissue and not the vein and hence i have a really really fat chubby hand and arm, had to take all jewellery off and everything, i look like i done a round with mike tyson :rolleyes: and they said it will be about a week before it all goes down lol