UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mooncups ( feminine hygiene product )

gooster

I confess to being another Mooncup user so if anyone has a question they don't want to post here then please pm me.

The have very tiny holes in the cup part, much too small to let anything leak but they are what breaks the suction. However the holes can get clogged, so that is when you would use the pin NOT when it's inside LOL! You actually get used to twisting it slightly and out it comes, because it's a cup it's relatively easy to hold upright. For those that have the <ahem> 'clopped liver' problems it's easier than a tampon which on removal can be like a dam bursting! I also think it's less painful but I have had occasional leaks while getting used to it so I'd only wear it at home initially. The main problem is using it at work with no sink handy and relying on just wiping it, I much prefer rinsing it out. You only need to sterilise it once a month. There is even a Yahoo group to discuss the 3 main types of cups and they have answers to EVERY question you could imagine. Yahoo groups

Pam

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found this thread both funny and enlightening.

I am post menopause so have no need of such implements now.

I did have trouble with tampons and I would not have tried the mooncups - because I am very, very squeamish about removing stuff from my nether regions - tampon removal used to makes me heave but I would imagine they would be great for people who are not like me.

They make sense to me just not for me.

I have been pml at some of the replies on here.

Just reading through the FAQs.

Dear Su,

How do you use it in public toilets?

Cheers,

Helen

Dear Helen

You can still use your Mooncup in Public toilets. Simply take a small bottle

of water into the toilet with you and rinse it with this. Alternatively you

can wipe with toilet paper and give your Mooncup a thorough clean at a more convenient time.

How can that be more convenient than a pad or tampon?? Carry a small bottle of water around instead??

The whole idea of this freaks me out. Think I will stick to my marena coil and stay complately period free for 5 years at a go!!!

Another fan here. Just wanted to say I was converted a year or so ago and wouldn't go back now. They're cleaner, easy to use, reduce my period pain and backache, make it easier when dog walking or very active and so on when other methods might work loose or chafe :wink: Also no leakage when laying down (unlike pads).

And no more stray fibres living in your insides from tampons!! And £20 compared to the years of paying out for other products.

And no, I don't have shares...sadly! :laugh:

How can that be more convenient than a pad or tampon?? Carry a small bottle of water around instead??

The whole idea of this freaks me out. Think I will stick to my marena coil and stay complately period free for 5 years at a go!!!

I dunno, errrrr, im thinking it sounds good tbh.... its environmentally friendly, its cheaper, its not going to leave anything up yer bits wot dont belong there, and lets face it, if you are requiring either a mooncup or a tampon whilst out, you are very likely to have a bag with you, how is it any less convenient to have a small drink bottle of water on you?

I dont currently have periods, AND i NEVER carry a bag yet i always have a bottle of water and a pack of wet wipes on me (and i dont own a child either!)....

Definately going to try one for myself, when the after effects of depo provera wear off.... whenever that may be!

Em

This thread has cheered me up no end thanks everyone :biggrin:

I went to the mooncups site yonks ago but didn't fancy using one.

I'm on Depo too for endo. I've been told I'll have to come off it before I hit 40 to allow my bod to get back to normal before menopause hits great :rolleyes: :wacko:

I guess at least with mooncups you wouldn't forget you had one in and shove another one up, like can happen with tampons :huh:

I first read about these in the other post about P&G, and I must say, I will buy me one aswell,it sounds fab! brilliant idea and ofcourse most important too, envoirmental friendly ,Im also getting more and more concerned about all those chemicals we use in our daily life and how they will affect us on the long term so this is another step in the right direction

thanks for the link and also thanks for the good laugh aswell ,lol :biggrin:

Vivian -xxx-

This thread has cheered me up no end thanks everyone :biggrin:

I went to the mooncups site yonks ago but didn't fancy using one.

I'm on Depo too for endo. I've been told I'll have to come off it before I hit 40 to allow my bod to get back to normal before menopause hits great :rolleyes: :wacko:

hijacked.gif

Thats odd they told you that about the deppo, I have been told the exact opposite I'm 43 and have been told I can stay on it right through the menopause to help me cope with it.

end: hijacked.gif

hijacked.gif

Thats odd they told you that about the deppo, I have been told the exact opposite I'm 43 and have been told I can stay on it right through the menopause to help me cope with it.

end: hijacked.gif

maybe its because of the duration of using it,instead of the age you are? I mean, you can use for say something like 15 yrs ,so if you start using it at age 25,you'd then have to stop at age 40 ,but if you'd start at age 40 you could then use till your menopuase has finished

hope it make sence :wacko:

Vivian -xxx-

maybe its because of the duration of using it,instead of the age you are? I mean, you can use for say something like 15 yrs ,so if you start using it at age 25,you'd then have to stop at age 40 ,but if you'd start at age 40 you could then use till your menopuase has finished

hope it make sence :wacko:

Vivian -xxx-

Ah that makes perfect sense, I only started deppo 2 years ago after not getting on with the mini pill and then going without anything for a couple of years (cos hubby is snipped) but having very severe PMS and horrid periods, so I don't have it as a "contraceptive" it's to control the pms.

Im on the depo jab due to a nasty allergy (owwww) to sanitary products, so when the time comes for me to be off it I'll be seriously considering a mooncup

BTW did you know that if you are on the depo for ages and have no periods for 5 years you should speak to your GP about having a DEXA scan to check out your bone density due to low oestrogen levels, according to the nursey at the chav clinic

Edited by chasta

Thanks for the link Sam, im still thinking it all over in my head and debating the argument with my head :wacko:

Being one of those people that forgot to remove the last tampon at the end of the cycle i can see why these mooncups would be better.

hmmmmmmmmmm still having a think