UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mooncups ( feminine hygiene product )

gooster

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, I couldn't have used one of them cup thingies! :wacko:

I have just read through this whole topic and have had major hysterics at the responses! After looking at the link for the Mooncups I have never been so glad that I am old and have gone through the menopause! :biggrin:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thought was "No thanks, yuk" but I might look again when I am not eating.

Mel made me snort diet coke up my nose :angry: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: @Scooby dobie lurking too

Sam, do you know what the stickers are? :unsure:

In the testimonials, a few people are asking for more stickers :wacko:

I think the stickers they mention are the ones I saw in the womens toilet in a forest park near Merthyr. They tell you what a great product a mooncup is and a few facts about it. :)

I could not work out how to use a cap. The nurse looked very unimpressed with me telling her it was more difficult for me, cos she was giving my right handed instructions and I am left handed. :laugh:

Ladies, ladies, ladies go get yourselves fitted with the Marina coil. I had one fitted when my son was 5 and havent had a period since. They either 'lighten' your flow or stop them altogether (as in my case) They stay in for 5 years but my son is now 15 and it's still working like a dream.

Insert Marina........stuff the government tax!

Ladies, ladies, ladies go get yourselves fitted with the Marina coil. I had one fitted when my son was 5 and havent had a period since. They either 'lighten' your flow or stop them altogether (as in my case) They stay in for 5 years but my son is now 15 and it's still working like a dream.

Insert Marina........stuff the government tax!

I am now on my second one, no PMT, no bleeding - fantastic. :cool: Just make sure you change it before the 5 years or there is a possibility of a hormone crash which I experienced , and never want to experience again in my life.

Apart from that brilliant :biggrin: - keep drinking the green tea and there is no weight gain

agilitymad, I think its the same idea as a tampon,so I assume you can do everything like normal :wink:

about the Mirena, I had it fitted twice and didnt like either times,it gave me pains in my tummy and I kept on having periods for 3 wks and only a week in between of nothing :( so no fanks from me for the Mirena

sorry might be a dum question but do you have to remove it before you have a wee or can you wee with it in.
They 'sit' just like a tampon sits, so you can wee as normal. There is a friendly online user guide should you wish to know more :mellow:

Gory bit warning:

I had a hideous experience with a coil in my 30s, I'm afraid I'm never going there again. Apparently I have a tilted cervix and the heavy handed GP made 4 attempts to insert it before sending me to the Family Planning clinic, who then got it in with the aid of a sledge hammer (well it felt like it anyway). I had awful periods and unbelievable cramps but was too scared to have the bugger taken out.